Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks like they took massive creative liberties with the ending of Midgar and they went full Advent Children. Looks horrible. Completely ruins the impact Kalm flashback had in the original.

Bahamut

Arcane
Shocking, FF7 compilation shits yet again on source material everything that came out of it feels like shit tier fanfic

Good thing there are still modders that try to systematicaly redo backgrounds of original
md1-1-DEF.jpg

md1-2-DEF.jpg

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
My biggest hope now is that the guy who does the translation patch stops being a little bitch and allows his mod to work with 7th Heaven so I can easily use that with better graphical mods. Well, that's my biggest realistic hope anyway. My unrealistic hope is that this remake pisses off a bunch of skilled fans and they get together to do their own remake in the Unreal engine. They could probably get away with it if they just do it in secret and not make any announcements or release anything until it's 100% completed.

Duraframe300

Arcane
My biggest hope now is that the guy who does the translation patch stops being a little bitch and allows his mod to work with 7th Heaven so I can easily use that with better graphical mods. Well, that's my biggest realistic hope anyway. My unrealistic hope is that this remake pisses off a bunch of skilled fans and they get together to do their own remake in the Unreal engine. They could probably get away with it if they just do it in secret and not make any announcements or release anything until it's 100% completed.

That's not unrealistic, that's downright impossible. Takes way too long to make everything from scratch.
Unless in future XX we could train an AI to completly remake the game for us and we just had to polish it
(Which would still take modders quite a while but at least makes it feasible.)

Same reason texture mods exploded last year with AI upscaling.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
That's not unrealistic, that's downright impossible. Takes way too long to make everything from scratch.
Unless in future XX we could train an AI to completly remake the game for us and we just had to polish it

It would only be a huge task if you tried to make it a huge third person thing like the official remake. If you kept the original camera angles and did 2d backdrops it wouldn't be that big of a deal. AI upscaling can do half of the work for you if you just used the AI upscaled backdrops as a base and touched them up where needed.

Duraframe300

Arcane

It would only be a huge task if you tried to make it a huge third person thing like the official remake. If you kept the original camera angles and did 2d backdrops it wouldn't be that big of a deal. AI upscaling can do half of the work for you if you just used the AI upscaled backdrops as a base and touched them up where needed.

It would still be a huge task since you need to program all the gameplay, script everything, redo animations since you can't just copy them and so on (And you wouldn't because that'd defeat the whole purpose) Theres tons of work involved here aside from backgrounds which as you said is probably the only thing you can reuse and even then theres lots of stuff involved there.

The most sensible option would be creating a more modern engine from scratch for the game like other projects have been doing (Though we already have a failed attempt there for FF7 in QGears), but thinking you can just stuff it into UE is insane.

Thorakitai

Learned
> Call it a "remake"
> It's basically a sequel of Advent Children with a Kingdom Hearts 3 style ridiculous time travel plot.

Who's the audience for this game again? Is this supposed to be some kind of "epic plot twist"?

flyingjohn

Arcane
> Call it a "remake"
> It's basically a sequel of Advent Children with a Kingdom Hearts 3 style ridiculous time travel plot.

Who's the audience for this game again? Is this supposed to be some kind of "epic plot twist"?

Several million man children who played ff7 in their youth.
And no,they don't care about quality or plot,they just consume what they are told to consume.

Monkeyfinger

Cipher
Devs straight up said it's for zoomers and that the fans of PS1 FF7 can get bent. I'd spoonfeed you with a link but meh, lazy.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
> Call it a "remake"

Several million man children who played ff7 in their youth.
And no,they don't care about quality or plot,they just consume what they are told to consume.

Really FF7 is not a good bar for a good plot in JRPG.

Yes, I am butthurt that they changed so much stuff allegedly, but there is no reason this could not be better than original FF7 objectively because, besides the 1st disc, FF7 was a waste of potential setting.

Cromwell

Arcane
I applaud them for the lengths their going, even constructing all that new plot, just to explain why tifa suddenly has smaller tits.

Drixed

Novice
Nomura should keep his time traveling fetish to himself, maybe he's still butthurt by Aerith death.

Generic-Giant-Spider

It's so they can avoid 50% of the original game's content and fast forward through the story. They roped in everyone with major nostalgia from the intro to enemy designs and will now proceed to fanfic the fuck out of things.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I'm seeing all these high review scores and all the 10 / 10 score. Give it a month at most when the hype is gone and then you'll start hearing the complaints and "FF7 Remake is actually very average" articles etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom