Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Make your custom banners here: https://bannerlord.party/banner/

dMl13J4.png

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I reinstalled and reconnected my HDD. Allowed windows to only use the SSD for page file. The performance is better - no more slideshow, however, riding through one of the first villages fills up my 8 GB ram and there is still HDD activity regardless of what I told Windows. I'll continue expriments tomorrow. Disgusting performance, their engine doesn't utilize the present VRAM at all - I run RDR2 on max settings but get problems with Bannerlord, absurd. I wonder if it's still their old DX9 engine with added library shit on top for the Physics based rendering.

It can also be sound bug. Lower sound channels to low. I had such stutters until i changed it to low.
My first measure was to lower them to medium from the default setting of high. I'll try low today. Thanks!
It's not the sound channels, they are at low.

I get slight stuttering which grows worse no matter what. I dropped my resolution from the desktop resolution 1440p to 1080p. This of course improved performance, but it's just a matter of longer playing.

A friend of mine with a 16 GB RAM shared with me a screenshot of his Task Manager Performance tab, and the game takes up 9.6 GB of RAM for him. He is playing at 1080p as well, on a GTX 2080

It seems that 8 GB RAM is simply not meeting the minimum requirements for smooth gameplay.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
It seems that 8 GB RAM is simply not meeting the minimum requirements for smooth gameplay.

Yep, right now it's just a no go - things are still obviously a work in progress so the final touches and optimization passes are long ways away; might be that once the game gets closer to 1.0 they can lower the RAM use but you really should have the 16 gigs by now anyway, it will only get worse with other games.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Yep, right now it's just a no go - things are still obviously a work in progress so the final touches and optimization passes are long ways away; might be that once the game gets closer to 1.0 they can lower the RAM use but you really should have the 16 gigs by now anyway, it will only get worse with other games.
"should have 16 gigs by now anyway"? And how did you reach this conclusion?

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...ggestions-stuttering-and-lag-problems.403504/

Funposter

Arcane
They really need to work on the AI setting up garrisons and defending conquered castles/settlements. The Vlandians and North Empire are currently in a pissing match over a castle, leading 800 man armies to storm the 60 man garrison and flipping ownership of it over and over. Obviously either side could stop this from happening if they just took their 600 remaining men after the battle and parked them inside, but it never happens. I've also seen this happen with major settlements, although it was in an earlier patch.

Also twice in a row now, the Mongols have made quick work of a few North Empire settlements and are looking to begin snowballing. Other factions are pretty tame. Has anyone else experience the same thing? I'm only really asking because it's the same factions involved twice in a row.

Quillon

Arcane
Also twice in a row now, the Mongols have made quick work of a few North Empire settlements and are looking to begin snowballing. Other factions are pretty tame. Has anyone else experience the same thing? I'm only really asking because it's the same factions involved twice in a row.

I restarted several times learning the game. Vilandians snowballed each time; taking half of Sturgia and Western Empire territory very quickly and not fighting Battanians at all. Tho I haven't followed what went on at east much.

Nathir

Liturgist
My companion jsut bugged out and didn't return from a mission for like 30 days. I had to release her from the clan, only for her to instantly appear in the town I was staying in and I had to rebuy her for 2k.

Zariusz

Arbiter
My game has now great war between bloated Battanian furries and Empire united by southern waifu.
Vlandians were just chilling and doing Vlandian stuff but now they are also at war with Empire. Aserai lost two cities to Battanian hordes and Empire but they are now chilling.
Horse fuckers were fucked by Empire and lost most of their castles and few cities. Snow Slavs lost to forest hordes many cities but they are still standing.
Im in Southern Empire and im just upgrading my castle and training units.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
They really need to work on the AI setting up garrisons and defending conquered castles/settlements. The Vlandians and North Empire are currently in a pissing match over a castle, leading 800 man armies to storm the 60 man garrison and flipping ownership of it over and over. Obviously either side could stop this from happening if they just took their 600 remaining men after the battle and parked them inside, but it never happens. I've also seen this happen with major settlements, although it was in an earlier patch.

In my game Southern Empire is snowballing. Vlandia and Sturgia are stuck in a stalemate back-and-forth over one castle. Other kingdoms seem to be holding on except northern empire which is nearly toast.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I'm also locked in an eternal war playing as the Vlandians. There was a time when the Empire got attacked by another faction and we made some progress, but you don't fuck around with the Empire in my game and now we are back into status quo.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom