Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
http://www.projectharlemblade.com/2020/02/20/what-they-saying/

At least he's not charging for this... right? You'd be better off looking at the runes.

Well, the patch was packed with a password so that you read the txt warning beforehand, so they knew what was up

I guess the translator was neither a native in Japanese nor English, which really didn't help

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Translation patch for Aretha II was just released. It's available here.
It's not called 1.0 because it may not be as polished as some of their previous work but they may not work on it anymore. I'm sure it's fine, they're good after all these years working on translation and I doubt they would release it if they thought it was not in a decent state. Here's the full post from their main page.
Released! Aretha II v0.90

Finally, after much more time passed than we intended, D-D is releasing a fully playable English patch for this game. Aretha-II is a direct sequel to our previously released Aretha (I [English]) patch. This is the good news. However, our efforts are not polished to the finely-tuned levels of our usual fare over the past nearly two decades.

While reviewing the status of this and several other unreleased D-D projects, we arrived at a consensus that the better choice is to make what we have available to the game-playing world, rather than allow our work to languish in an indefinite state of limbo. Following is a couple of disclaimer paragraphs we have incorporated into our Aretha-II readme document that accompanies the patch in our zipped release file.

*Caveat and Invitation:

In a MAJOR departure from our previous policy, we are releasing an unfinished patch. This is due to both time factors and downsizing in the diversification of our production team. In no way are we suggesting anything but positive support for all of our highly dedicated and hardworking teammates in the past. It's simply that changing life circumstances for some of us have dictated the realities of where we find ourselves today.

At this time, we active members of D-D cannot guarantee that we'll ever revise this patch in any way. This means we may never release a Version 1.00. At the same time, we're not saying we won't. As per usual, D-D will establish a feedback topic within the Aretha-II forum on our WWWBoard. After receiving the patch "as-is" and playing the game, if someone comes along who really loves this work and possesses the know-how to rectify certain technical issues, we will be standing by, ready and willing to discuss the matter."

We have proceeded through an in-house beta process and fine-tuned the game as best we can. However, in consideration of the small amount of issues still remaining, we have decided it's best to release the game in a beta state of Version 0.90 instead of calling it Version 1.00. Obviously, this release will place the patch in its current form within the public domain. As always, we welcome anyone to provide any and all inputs. However, be sure to pore over the Readme document, so you will be aware of what we don't need reported.

At this time, I (Wildbill) want to thank Taskforce for the many hours he spent reformatting this game for "long" names. He also cleaned up a multitude of glitches throughout the play. Meanwhile, we hope you will enjoy Aretha-II (English). FYI, this game plays seamlessly with its predecessor. Those who haven't tried Aretha-I might enjoy it more in the double-play mode. Feel free to download the patch either from the PROJECT page or from our DOWNLOAD page.

Dedicated to Bongo`

1.png
2.png

3.png
4.png

5.png
6.png

7.png

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Yes, they also translated the first Aretha game earlier but I've not played it.

kaisergeddon

Liturgist
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
That's great, I've been looking forward to the sequel. They made the right choice, and Wildbill is based btw.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
At this point, Tom is better not ever coming back anymore. Clearly gamers don't need him.
I stopped caring about what person said what or where, or how they hate this and that. Usually it means little to nothing, but this was one thing I felt actual anger over. You could say Tom should've just ignored the brunt, but like, when all you want to do is help other people enjoy something - to be involved with a community. And then it's just like, seemingly for no reason, your very name is spat on like you're some kind of criminal. A pariah. Because of a slight in their eyes, one that sticks to a faulty code of ethics that goes against your own. For content that isn't being sold, isn't even necessary if you speak another language, essentially an argument that has nothing to do with you makes you a scapegoat.

It's just... some fucking people. I can understand the jeers from people who aren't usually involved, but for the spearhead to be from someone within your own community who never even thought of apologizing? I can only hope that Tom will be able to find some way to get that passion back from the small amount of people who played the translation and enjoyed what he accomplished.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Hello I was wondering is there a finished translation of Langrisser I & II collection for the ps1, or I'll have to settle for one of the other versions of these games?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Hello I was wondering is there a finished translation of Langrisser I & II collection for the ps1, or I'll have to settle for one of the other versions of these games?
No,play the genesis versions.
Warsong(langrisser 1) is in english and langrisser 2 has a full translation.The genesis version of 2 beats every other version by far.It is more difficult and has a branching plot.

Last edited:

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
I've already played (although never finished) Warsong on Genesis, but I was curious to see how other versions look and play, and I'm finding the ps1 version quite agreeable too.

spekkio

Arcane
I'm not sure about GEN version of L2, but the Snes version (Der Langrisser) mos' def has branching plot:

XxBMc01.png

My saves, ready for future playthroughs:

ttr2Zgh.png

:love:

So: don't listen to lyingjohn, play the remakes.

One of interesting facts about the upcoming newshit remakes is that L1 is supposed the be enhanced with branching plot too. Let's just hope that the game itself won't be shit.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Ups,branching plots were introduced in the snes version.
But,the remakes which are all based on the snes version have their difficulty significantly neutered.

I would still recommend the genesis version with the translation patch if you actually want to play langrisser 2.
Edit:You can always play der langrisser later which makes you appreciate the branching story.

Last edited:

TigerKnee

Arcane
Yeah, I agree - play the original Lang 2 for gameplay first, then try the other versions.

LJ40

Cipher
Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
No,play the genesis versions.
Warsong(langrisser 1) is in english and langrisser 2 has a full translation.The genesis version of 2 beats every other version by far.It is more difficult and has a branching plot.

Thank you for the recommendation because I'm now about a third into the Genesis version and it is indeed awesome.

I completed the remade version of 1 on Switch but it is totally messed up, your most powerful heroes easily beat everyone. I wasn't even close to dying even once in the entire game.

Langrisser 2 on Genesis definitely isn't an extremely hard game, but it is not an easy one either, and the rock-papers-scissors system is set up in a way to force you to think. If you're not careful about unit types, your heroes can very easily die in one shot.

Yet the whole game is still simple and very fast paced, with top tier music on the Genesis. Nothing like Fire Emblem which I always found to be a convoluted, slow, boring POS.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom