Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

TBS HoMM3 fan add-on Horn Of The Abyss now available in English

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
So anyway, there's some new early footage and I don't know how to feel about it...

And here's demo of the city theme:

The original forge was controversial... but canon. Weird S-F fits the M&M universe. But this... I don't know...
I guess I'll just have to trust the creators, Horn of the Abyss is the best (and balanced!) mod I've ever played. Ever. Any game. Better than than some of the official HoMMIII content.

Last edited:

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
HOTA is just another WOG-like now, the creators have fully proven their intent to rebalance and change the original game instead of just adding new content. VCMI is the future of the game.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
HOTA is just another WOG-like now, the creators have fully proven their intent to rebalance and change the original game instead of just adding new content. VCMI is the future of the game.

First of all, don't compare popamole crap like WoG to this masterpiece. Secondly, every HoMMIII community uses HotA now.

You will be balanced. Everything will be balanced. Resistance is futile...

:balance::balance::balance::balance::balance::balance:

JBro

Arbiter
When the fuck is VCMI hitting 1.0? I need that camera panning with middle mouse button feature.

index.php

Arcane
HotA v1.6.0 is out!

http://bit.ly/HotA16ENG

Full changelog: http://bit.ly/HotA16changelog

Download:
http://bit.ly/HotAmirror0
http://bit.ly/HotAmirror1
http://bit.ly/HotAmirror2
http://bit.ly/HotAmirror4

zEKunyi.jpg

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
When the fuck is VCMI hitting 1.0? I need that camera panning with middle mouse button feature.

The latest update as of this current time is yesterday, on Github. The project is progressing. It is just a matter of time.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
They removed another hero, an entire skill, and a few artifacts from the original game in this one. Waiting for the next version of HotA when these retarded Russian esports commies decide to just fully ban an original town from being playable because they don't know how to use house rules for multiplayer.

They even went out of their way to specifically obfuscate attempts to modify their mod, holy shit multiniggers and sawyerists ruin everything. I'm not touching this commie shit. Funny rereading the post on the last page in retrospect now;
Or learn to mod yourself and change whatever you don't like in HotA to suit your own wants.
There were plugins available through the HD launcher to mod the game and in some of the more recent versions, they disabled plugins specifically for HotA and prevented usage of an old version of the HD mod that supports plugins. Oh, and hex editing the .exe's doesn't work because the sourceless binary blobs run HotA's encrypted dll after launching the game to modify the exe in memory, which will undo/overwrite any changes you make to trying to mod the .exe. These fuckers are putting DRM in their mod.

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
I know HoTA was geared somewhat towards the competitive scene, but I don't understand this change. You can ban specific items already in multiplayer (via the map itself) or run a script for tournament rules via HD.

Modron

Arcane
I know HoTA was geared somewhat towards the competitive scene, but I don't understand this change. You can ban specific items already in multiplayer (via the map itself) or run a script for tournament rules via HD.
:whatisfun:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It should be optional, of course, but nerfing Intelligence/Logistics and buffing Mysticism is going to feel really good in multiplayer, me thinks.

Citizen

They removed another hero, an entire skill, and a few artifacts from the original game in this one. Waiting for the next version of HotA when these retarded Russian esports commies decide to just fully ban an original town from being playable because they don't know how to use house rules for multiplayer.

They even went out of their way to specifically obfuscate attempts to modify their mod, holy shit multiniggers and sawyerists ruin everything. I'm not touching this commie shit. Funny rereading the post on the last page in retrospect now;
There were plugins available through the HD launcher to mod the game and in some of the more recent versions, they disabled plugins specifically for HotA and prevented usage of an old version of the HD mod that supports plugins. Oh, and hex editing the .exe's doesn't work because the sourceless binary blobs run HotA's encrypted dll after launching the game to modify the exe in memory, which will undo/overwrite any changes you make to trying to mod the .exe. These fuckers are putting DRM in their mod.

I wish they released a version of this with unchanged parameters of other towns, because I like the Cove town

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Some of the changes (like making mysticism into a semi-usable skill) are genuinely good, but the mod is definitely getting dangerously close to the "I know better than you how to have fun" territory. And, as we know from various examples, this mindset tends to only escalate and I won't be surprised if we soon see POE-like patches changing stuff from 5% to 3%.

Btw, 1.6.0 with latest hd is pretty much unplayable for me, crashes to desktop every couple of turns. This has never happened before with any of the builds for both mods.

Lagi

Savant
this mech is awesome. Kudos for 2x separate animation for punches and laser attack. Wish his external shell was not from gold, but rusty steel plates.

it take me some time to figure out its a gun :D

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Didn't "fans" have sand in their vaginas when the Heavenly Forge was announced, because "HoMM is about fantasy!!11!!111!1!"?

TigerKnee

Arcane
Didn't "fans" have sand in their vaginas when the Heavenly Forge was announced, because "HoMM is about fantasy!!11!!111!1!"?
They did, even though Sci-Fi was already introduced in the original M&M series that Heroes is a spin-off from, but you can argue that the two fanbases were generally seperate.

They sent the company death threats too which led to Forge being scrapped and replaced with Conflux at the last minute, and given the reputation of that faction it's safe to say that was not the preferred outcome

JBro

Arbiter
They did, even though Sci-Fi was already introduced in the original M&M series that Heroes is a spin-off from, but you can argue that the two fanbases were generally seperate.

They sent the company death threats too which led to Forge being scrapped and replaced with Conflux at the last minute, and given the reputation of that faction it's safe to say that was not the preferred outcome

They were on the wrong side of history.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The models look very professional. The gunslingers look a bit off and blurry, but everything else looks great.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom