Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
This experiment is still ongoing and I've successfully trained a bunch of Vlandians Knight by farming the two sea raiders camps with simulated battles.
These warhorses cost a bomb though, I find it quite painful to lose just 1 of them.
But I'm making up for it by capturing 3 Battanian nobles so far (through simulated battles of course) so my finances are looking better now.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Yeah the auto resolve definitely gives too much xp now. Haven't tried it against anything serious but it's useful for cleaning up small bands of looters and raiders. Also seems to generate a lot of wounded which one the one hand is a plus since you get to train medicine and on the other hand you can look at like a soft cooldown on auto resolving.

It's also interesting that you need to provide horses for cavalry now. Pretty weird though since you don't need to provide any of the other gear and (imperial) cavalry recruits are rare anyway so not sure why you need a mechanic to make them even harder to get.

Hellion

Arcane
Not sure if real or 'shopped, but some guy on FB claims to have found... Warband's cursor hidden deep inside a Bannerlord dungeon:

92562440_10157878975878382_11117814903472128_o.jpg

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
The thing that makes Vladian Cavalry very expensive is that you need a basic horse for the initial upgrade to Light Cav. then once they want to go to Knights, you need to buy them a War Horse but they don't refund the basic horse.

I think I will experiment further by not going cav and just full Vladian Crossbows/Sargeants.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Same with imperial cataphracts. I suppose the intention here is that you run with more balanced compositions with a small elite cavalry force instead of running around with full knight doomstacks. But they could have just baked it into the upgrade cost instead of making you shop around for horses.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Same with imperial cataphracts. I suppose the intention here is that you run with more balanced compositions with a small elite cavalry force instead of running around with full knight doomstacks. But they could have just baked it into the upgrade cost instead of making you shop around for horses.
Well cavalry are kind of bad for castle sieges, you want infantry for that.

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
There is cataphract mace in game but cataphracts dont use it.
:hmmm:
Well, that's like the crossbowman being good at bows (instead of crossbows) or the Vladian sergeant being good on horseback (instead of on foot).

The troops in the game definitely need some stats modifications to suit their roles.
For example cataphracts should have those gauntlets, boots and pauldrons that are specially made to work with their armour (Imperial Lamellar Pauldrons, Boots, Gauntlets).
They dont use them as set...

Instead they use something that im sure was made specially for Palatine Guards.

I had to edit it myself (I also changed other units)
fXzIwKn.jpg

5gWoFf9.png

CN7EQsV.jpg

mIUDWVE.png

Ut5f5u6.jpg

y3PP21W.jpg
Have you created a mod for this by any chance?

Zariusz

Arbiter
There is cataphract mace in game but cataphracts dont use it.
:hmmm:
Well, that's like the crossbowman being good at bows (instead of crossbows) or the Vladian sergeant being good on horseback (instead of on foot).

The troops in the game definitely need some stats modifications to suit their roles.
For example cataphracts should have those gauntlets, boots and pauldrons that are specially made to work with their armour (Imperial Lamellar Pauldrons, Boots, Gauntlets).
They dont use them as set...

Instead they use something that im sure was made specially for Palatine Guards.

I had to edit it myself (I also changed other units)
fXzIwKn.jpg

5gWoFf9.png

CN7EQsV.jpg

mIUDWVE.png

Ut5f5u6.jpg

y3PP21W.jpg
Have you created a mod for this by any chance?

Now i have only xml file and im trying to find what was exactly changed in last patch so i can apply it there.
And i dont really know how to make Bannerlord mod.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Are simulated battles really that OP? If so that's kind of depressing
Haven't noticed them being OP if the odds are even. Just useful when they are in your favor and you can't be bothered playing 5:1 odds. Annoying that looter/bandit camps don't have the option though, always uneventful enemy numbers and lacking in map variety at the moment.

Funny when you get to the end. Bandit Leader: "Well done on defeating my mercs. Care to finish this with a duel?"

- select: "No. I don't make deals with brigands."

*dialogue ends. squadmates continue with slice hockey*

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
It really has made it tough to get my full heavy cavalry army up and going. I've been searching out Noble recruits since they're better than light cav and don't require the warhorse to upgrade as much, but I've only found two towns where they can be recruited and I don't know any way to increase relations other than waiting for the NPC to randomly pop a quest. I suppose I could just turn down the recruitment difficulty.

Also, at this point in my game (day 200 or so) all hideouts are effectively impossible. Each of them has at least one or more stack of 15-20 guys in there, which even with the night raid reduction still puts me into a ridiculously outnumbered fight. My only option is to repeatedly send doods into the meat grinder night after night until I whittle them down a couple at a time, which takes forever and is nowhere near worth it. If they expect everyone to take out bandit hideouts like this I'll just get a mod that lets me full assault them.

Quillon

Arcane
Execution simulator :P Am I the only one executing every lord I capture? I think Batanians got 6-7 already destroyed clans in my current game. More coming!

I've been imprisoning them and they were coming back somehow(ransomed I guess), took all NE settlements and castles but lords are on the field still, guess I'll start swinging the sword but one of the lord's party seems stuck on unreachable terrain which I've been seeing for a while, which might prevent me destroying the faction...

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Versions
Native: e1.0.0
SandboxCore: e1.0.9
Sandbox: e1.0.9
Storymode: e1.0.9
CustomBattle: e1.0.9

Multiplayer - Other
  • Added a maximum limit to the number of characters a player can type in multiplayer chat (500 characters).

Crashes
  • Fixed a minor crash in the main storyline.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred upon completion of the “Lord Needs Garrison Troops” quest.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred upon completion of the “Gang Leader Needs Weapons” quest.
  • Fixed a problem with fading out agents without fading out their mounts. This especially affected quests and when you equipped your companions with mounts.

Performance
  • VRAM leak fix for the Party screen.

User Interface
  • Fixed a bug which applied changes without deducting funds from the player when switching screens from the bottom left menu.

Clan and Party
  • Lords and minor faction party leaders will now visit settlements to trade if they are carrying a lot of loot (especially after successful battles and raids).

Kingdoms and Diplomacy
  • Ending mercenary contract with a kingdom through dialogue will no longer result in a relationship loss.

Economy and Trade
  • Fixed a bug where bartering items with lords that were staying in settlements was not possible.
  • Made some economical management improvements to clan leaders’ finances over an extended period to try and reduce the chances of them becoming too rich or too poor.

Quests & Issues
  • Sending the culprit from the “Family Feud” quest as an alternative solution to an issue is now blocked.

Conversations & Encounters
  • Bandits will now surrender more easily if their opponent is vastly stronger than them.

Other
  • Simplified Chinese translation improvements.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Good stuff guys. I agree with pretty much everything posted in the last couple of pages.

Also I didn't notice this until I read it somewhere online, but the only notables who can provide you with mounted troops are Landowners with "Powerful" influence. You can look through the encyclopedia to see which villages in your kingdom have these guys. I have Rep 20 with three of them and can now source up to 15 cavalry recruits at a time. Being able to directly recruit Tier 4 is especially valuable because it only costs 350 gold and they already have a War Horse.

I have only tested this with Empire but my guess is it's the same for all factions.

Hellion

Arcane
Oops, missed the patch notes above. Edited.

Apparently, they also have a "large patch" incoming sometime in the near future, with unknown exact ETA.

Last edited:

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
How do I buy workshops? Talking to an owner doesn't give me any options. Also did anyone tried creating caravans?

XenomorphII

Prophet
How do I buy workshops? Talking to an owner doesn't give me any options. Also did anyone tried creating caravans?

Talk to shopworkers to buy, sell, and change the production of workshops. Yes, they are nice. Buy, place companion in charge, then profit.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Posted about this on Reddit (yes I know) and Steam forum but didn't get much traction.

Anyway, the friendly field battle commander AI have gone bonkers in my game when it comes to defense. For some reason he can no longer place or fight in formation when it comes to melee soldiers. The enemy can still do though. It has cost me a couple of battles now, and it's getting frustrating.

Here is a picture of the issue:
RVz8SIW.jpg

As you can see the enemy commander is walking in perfect formation while friendly troopers can't stand still, they keep running back and forth like idiots. Highly gameplay and immersion breaking!

Anyone else seen this in their game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom