Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
How do I buy workshops? Talking to an owner doesn't give me any options. Also did anyone tried creating caravans?

Talk to shopworkers to buy, sell, and change the production of workshops. Yes, they are nice. Buy, place companion in charge, then profit.

I bought a caravan and it hasn't made a single denar in 10+ days. Not even at a loss. Just nothing. It costs me money every day and I get zilch out of it.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Maybe it's this army cohesion thing. From the encyclopedia:
Army cohesion represents how motivated your commanders are and how well they work together. Armies start with average cohesion and normally it drops a little bit each day the army stays in the field.

(that's the whole article by the way. I've written longer comments explaining a single line of code)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Maybe it's this army cohesion thing. From the encyclopedia:
Army cohesion represents how motivated your commanders are and how well they work together. Armies start with average cohesion and normally it drops a little bit each day the army stays in the field.

(that's the whole article by the way. I've written longer comments explaining a single line of code)
Army cohesion determines when different commanders will take their troops and leave the army. The leader of the army needs to spend influence points to keep the cohesion high to avoid that.

Last edited:

Zanzoken

Arcane
Feeling super butthurt atm because two times now I have carefully saved up my influence, organized an army, and captured a town for our faction. And in both cases the AI didn't even put me in the voting to receive the fief.

It seems to prioritize landless lords above all else, which is total bullshit. These fucks from Western Empire have done nothing but get their asses kicked, lose their native lands, and break their oaths, but they just show up and are handed the lands we fought our asses off for. There needs to be some kind of restriction on vassals who switch allegiances that places them below those who have been loyal since the beginning.

If there was an option to strike out on my own in this case like you could in Warband, I would really consider it here.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Anyone else seen this in their game?

Could be a morale loss? There seems to be a morale system but it is poorly explained.

They are not running away. He is getting them into position. The archers usually do fine, but for some reason melee gets all messed up :(

They are running between 1 and 2 meters in any direction back and forth.

Sounds like the AI is shuffling them between formations in a loop then.

Hellion

Arcane
My character is Honorable and Valorous, has about 100ish Charm skill.

He encounters another lord who is Honorable and Valorous, belonging to a faction we're at war with.

He attempts to convince him to switch sides and join our glorious kingdom.

First dialogue check, there's a "CHARM+HONOR" option, 59% chance for success.

*INEFFECTIVE!*

Second dialogue check, "CHARM+VALOR" option, 59% chance for Critical Success.

*CRITICAL FAILURE!*

:rage:

Meh after new patch my game stutters.

Post-patch, I've started encountering stutter specifically during dialogue.

Last edited:

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't click load any games or open the custom battle option just get CTD.

Even opening the game makes it hang sometimes. Might need a reinstall.

XenomorphII

Prophet
How do I buy workshops? Talking to an owner doesn't give me any options. Also did anyone tried creating caravans?

Talk to shopworkers to buy, sell, and change the production of workshops. Yes, they are nice. Buy, place companion in charge, then profit.

I bought a caravan and it hasn't made a single denar in 10+ days. Not even at a loss. Just nothing. It costs me money every day and I get zilch out of it.
Interesting. Is it still alive? After a couple of weeks or so mine usually start paying out really well (usually the cost of upkeep for my army). Though it does fluctuate.

Dakka

Savant
It seems to prioritize landless lords above all else, which is total bullshit.

That's how we roll around here, comrade. How else would we keep you overambitious human players under control without a little redistribution? :positive:

Zariusz

Arbiter
I hate how bannerlord has so many different chainmail textures. Some (like that northern helmet) of them look like they are from warband, or maybe like they forgot to add light deflection effects to them.

Just look on this for example, btw why they stick whole horse tail to those helmets, its almost braid.
LxmaMGY.jpg

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Found a nice little mod on Nexus. It's called Combat and Movement Improvements.

It basically slows down the game, makes armor useful, some weapons are better suited for different tactics and enemies. It also increases the space soldiers take, the thing Lithium Flower was complaining about. So far it feels good in-game. Suddenly my shieldwall was holding, even against a cavalry charge. Another aspect of the mod is that archers will fire at much longer ranges at a higher angle, which looks cool when arrows rain on your enemy, or well... you.

Feature list:
Increased friction for arrows. Arrows will now slow down faster over longer distances, giving them a more pronounced parabolic trajectory. They now fly like actual arrows instead of star wars lasers.

Arrows will only stick in humans and horses if they deal at least 15 damage. Purely a visual change.

Increased the angle of fire and range of ranged troops. Ranged troops will now fire up to a 45 degree angle, as long as they have a line of sight to their target. This means archers will fire at targets at very long ranges, though with poor accuracy. Tell them to hold fire if you want to conserve ammo. Archers will fire over friendly troops if they have enough space and can see the enemy.

Slowed down forward movement of humans by about 18%. Should prevent lightly armored troops (especially smaller humans) from sprinting into combat like Speedy Gonzales.

Increased backwards and sideways movement. This should allow for greater control of movement and allow the player to easily dodge thrusting and overhead attacks. Also makes it easier to sidestep cavalry charges.

Increased acceleration and speed retention while turning for horses, based on real life video examples of riders. Horses now "drift" while turning, on account that they are very heavy animals with a high center of gravity. This together with the acceleration increase actually makes horses more maneuverable and allows the player to now "dance" with their horse around infantry units.

Increased physics capsule for human troops. Previously they had the same physics capsule as children which meant that soldiers would clip through each
other. Also increased spacing in formations. Hopefully troops will now keep a sensible distance from one another. Might mess up some situations in sieges.

Slightly increased shield bash range.

Modified weapon damage based on hit location on the body. Previously there was very little difference where on the body you hit (hits to the head had a 20%
bonus). Now hits to the head are devastating, while hits to the arms and feet are far less deadly.

Weapon damage multiplier to body parts is damage type dependent:

• Cutting damage now deals decent damage to all parts of the body, but is easily countered with armor. This means that swords are best against unarmored opponents. Gets a huge bonus for attacks to the neck and a smaller bonus for attacks to the abdomen.
  • Blunt weapons are generally bad at dealing damage except for the head and torso, but are the hardest to counter with armor, which makes them decent at beating heavily armored troops. Gets a huge bonus for attacks to the head.
  • Piercing damage is decent against armor and is good at attacks to be body and head, but bad at attacks to the legs and terrible at attacks to the arms. Gets a large bonus for attacks to the chest.

Increased damage thrusting attacks do when the tip does not connect. Should make spears more useful.

Not tried a siege yet, hopefully it won't mess it up too bad... but you never know.

Hellion

Arcane
I got Charm mainly by letting lords go after defeating them in battles. Even keeping them in dungeons or in your party as prisoners, and eventually selling them ("Offer Accepted" message that pops up) gives 1 Charm point.

Speaking of letting lords go:

FB_IMG_1586478852777.jpg

Zariusz

Arbiter
Have you created a mod for this by any chance?

You can just change .xml files and check it yourself. But remember to copy original files. Its for e1.0.9 and maybe for next one if devs dont change anything in these files.
https://ufile.io/yw4rxfid

And i did something simillar with Sturgian Cavalry tree
Sturgians have this cool cavalry armour that is completly unused, instead they have some fat barell like armour that can be left to khuzaits. No more vikang shields for cavalry. And i used battanian cape because it reminds me one from Sturgian artwork.
BTW sturgian horse armour is probably bugged, chain one and light one. Atleast in inventory.
aMWNz4E.jpg

And armoured bearskin is ridiculous, like something from skyrim, Battanian savages can have it for themselves.
iomY0qC.jpg

It basically slows down the game, makes armor useful, some weapons are better suited for different tactics and enemies. It also increases the space soldiers take, the thing Lithium Flower was complaining about. So far it feels good in-game. Suddenly my shieldwall was holding, even against a cavalry charge. Another aspect of the mod is that archers will fire at much longer ranges at a higher angle, which looks cool when arrows rain on your enemy, or well... you.

Feature list:
Increased friction for arrows. Arrows will now slow down faster over longer distances, giving them a more pronounced parabolic trajectory. They now fly like actual arrows instead of star wars lasers.

Arrows will only stick in humans and horses if they deal at least 15 damage. Purely a visual change.

Increased the angle of fire and range of ranged troops. Ranged troops will now fire up to a 45 degree angle, as long as they have a line of sight to their target. This means archers will fire at targets at very long ranges, though with poor accuracy. Tell them to hold fire if you want to conserve ammo. Archers will fire over friendly troops if they have enough space and can see the enemy.

Slowed down forward movement of humans by about 18%. Should prevent lightly armored troops (especially smaller humans) from sprinting into combat like Speedy Gonzales.

Increased backwards and sideways movement. This should allow for greater control of movement and allow the player to easily dodge thrusting and overhead attacks. Also makes it easier to sidestep cavalry charges.

Increased acceleration and speed retention while turning for horses, based on real life video examples of riders. Horses now "drift" while turning, on account that they are very heavy animals with a high center of gravity. This together with the acceleration increase actually makes horses more maneuverable and allows the player to now "dance" with their horse around infantry units.

Increased physics capsule for human troops. Previously they had the same physics capsule as children which meant that soldiers would clip through each
other. Also increased spacing in formations. Hopefully troops will now keep a sensible distance from one another. Might mess up some situations in sieges.

Modified weapon damage based on hit location on the body. Previously there was very little difference where on the body you hit (hits to the head had a 20%
bonus). Now hits to the head are devastating, while hits to the arms and feet are far less deadly.

• Cutting damage now deals decent damage to all parts of the body, but is easily countered with armor. This means that swords are best against unarmored opponents. Gets a huge bonus for attacks to the neck and a smaller bonus for attacks to the abdomen.
  • Blunt weapons are generally bad at dealing damage except for the head and torso, but are the hardest to counter with armor, which makes them decent at beating heavily armored troops. Gets a huge bonus for attacks to the head.
  • Piercing damage is decent against armor and is good at attacks to be body and head, but bad at attacks to the legs and terrible at attacks to the arms. Gets a large bonus for attacks to the chest.

Increased damage thrusting attacks do when the tip does not connect. Should make spears more useful.

Not tried a siege yet, hopefully it won't mess it up too bad... but you never know.

Yeah, this is certainly a must have - thanks for linking it. It does make battles look better and formations much more cohesive. Unfortunately it doesn't fix problems with the AI behavior (troops still hug each other's face during charging and are suicidal conservative + worthless against cav when put in a formation) put its a step forward and hopefully an indication that some of the moshpitting could eventually be reigned in.

Interested tidbit from the mod's description:

"Increased physics capsule for human troops. Previously they had the same physics capsule as children which meant that soldiers would clip through each other."

Could this issue have been yet another basic oversight rather than the game working as intended? If so then perhaps Telltaleworlds can patch things into shape, but it doesn't exactly speak well of their competency.

wyes gull

Savant
Anyone figured out how to make bank with workshops yet? I made a carpenter's in a town that has a village that produces hardwood and the bloody thing is making me 5-7k a day. The town isn't particularly prosperous, either. Meanwhile my other 5 workshops are making between fuck all and like 500. So that got me wondering if the villages' production influences it any but I haven't tested it yet. A lot of villages also produce crap that you can't work in a shop, so maybe it's something else.

Aemar

Arcane

Feature list:

The mod looks good, and would definitely install it if it weren't for the fact that the game gets updates on a daily basis, and like always there is a chance those updates may interfere with the mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom