Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Have your vidya game skills declined over the years?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Mouse and keyboard control setup ruins the fun, I almost exclusively switched to gamepad and once I have found an ideal one (Xbox One Elite controller), it's really hard to go back to K&M.

This is your problem right there.

You have caught the homosexuality.

Electroshock therapy is in order.

Reflexes go hard after a while (post 35 I think). But you can compensate with experience, knowledge, other skill, etc to some degree, at least in the genres that matter.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I still have the same tastes, I still like the same game. But I can't be arsed. I'm too old for "the challenge" of "video games" that "make it rewarding". It is incredibly shallow when you live a fulfilling family,professionnal and creative life full of actual challenges.

This is how I feel about forcing me to repeat content. Save points with lots of replaying, like in Dark Souls for example, or recently Control. I have limited gaming time and get easily frustrated when a game doesn't respect that. Even something as simple as being able to save and quit anywhere becomes essential when the wife or kids might walk in the room any minute and demand attention.

However as long as I'm not repeating the same shit over and over (i.e. I have quicksave, or great checkpoints) then I like the game to have some challenge. I'm not "I ONLY PLAY ON NIGHTMARE SETTINGS BROS!" like some people, but I definitely want the game to be difficult enough I have to engage in the combat and learn the systems. Otherwise the gameplay is really boring and I find myself tuning out.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Yes, I was 4kMMR solo on Dota 2 and now if I wanted to do that again it might be hard for me.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
I'm a bit worried that I'm not enjoying No One Lives Forever nearly as much as should have, and as I used to do. On the whole FPS games have started to bore me, which is troubling. I loved Duke Nukem 3D only a few years ago, but now it bores me almost to tears (maybe I've played to many subpar user-made levels?).

Fortunately it's only FPS games for which I've lost interest.

Egosphere

Arcane
Don't think so. Replayed HL2 a few weeks ago, and got through the Nova Prospekt area with only 1 death. I remember racking up at least 10 when I played it years and years ago, on the same difficulty.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I've gotten worse as far as reaction times. I think it's objective that it's just something that happens with age. But I'm definitely a better tactician, and in games like Darksiders I think I'm better at stringing combos and making good use of the wide variety of attacks

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
(...)
Mouse and keyboard control setup ruins the fun, I almost exclusively switched to gamepad and once I have found an ideal one (Xbox One Elite controller), it's really hard to go back to K&M. Now I'm enjoying mostly games that can be efficiently played that way - blobbers , jrpg, console ports of PC games (e.g. PSX Final Doom) (...)

Mouse and keyboard control setup ruins the fun

^
codex 2020 at its finest.

Dear consoletard.
Kill yourself.

With offspring so your defective genes will not pass to the future generations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom