Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info The Outer Worlds Documentary by Noclip - Part One: From Concept to Creation

The Great ThunThun*

How DARE you!?
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think the expectation at launch was that things will improve substantially with patching, so people were giving it at pass at first. But now it appears Private Division ahve pulled the plug, so like that reddit post says, honeymoon is over.
Have been saying since the beginning that the game looked and sounded like a ripoff with Rick and Morty thrown in for good measure.

There was not a single new or improved idea in the entire pitch.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
This industry has many cases of amazing flawed gems being destroyed by buggy/poorly-timed releases, like Bloodlines right next to Half-Life 2, but The Outer Worlds is an example of the opposite: a mediocre and safe game being boosted by an extremely lucky release window, with no AAA RPG to compete with and a general hatred for Bethesda & BioWare.

Unless they make a really amazing expansion, this is a game that will only get less and less fans over time - the exact opposite of New Vegas.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Also let me add that these last several years since Codex became Obsidian shill central have been disgusting. Imagine becoming a closet faggot overnight just because of some sweet words and a fucking signed hip flask. Pathetic

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I think the expectation at launch was that things will improve substantially with patching, so people were giving it at pass at first. But now it appears Private Division ahve pulled the plug, so like that reddit post says, honeymoon is over.
Bullshit, just like with Andromeda the real problems aren't bugs and glitches that every retard and his mom are focusing on, the rot is much, much deeper.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
that every retard and his mom are focusing on

It's because when they see somethng like that, that histeric/laugh-inducing mpment wipe clean any thoughts from their heads.
That's just acquired reflex they were taught - how convenient for poitical systems they live in.

Dr Schultz

Augur
This industry has many cases of amazing flawed gems being destroyed by buggy/poorly-timed releases, like Bloodlines right next to Half-Life 2, but The Outer Worlds is an example of the opposite: a mediocre and safe game being boosted by an extremely lucky release window, with no AAA RPG to compete with and a general hatred for Bethesda & BioWare.

Unless they make a really amazing expansion, this is a game that will only get less and less fans over time - the exact opposite of New Vegas.

Don't know. To me there is more than that. The general public seems to have a genuine happetite for New Vegas-like games and Obsidian was the only studio that at least tried to deliver something similar.
I'm quite confident that The Outer Worlds would have been a commercial success even in a worse time window, simply because it intercepted an unsatisfied demand, like PoE when it came out.
I totally agree, though, that an expansion or a sequel has to do way more than the vanilla game in order to keep its fan base.

Last edited:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Disheartening isnt it? I have no shitposting to do. Just despair.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom