Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix Final Fantasy VII Remake Integrade - now on Steam

Trannies on twitch get really upset when people start simpin' for Tifa, based cow tits brawler lady.

you're all trash and I hope no woman talks to you ever

Absolutely hilarious as a non-fan tbh.

I don't know, feels vaguely SJW to try to piss off your fans because you resent them for some reason. Hope it leads somewhere

-

pic: https://i.imgur.com/JaE4K29.png

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I am perfectly happy that they are not going to follow the FF7 story strictly. This is how remakes should be done.

FF7 is FF7.
This is another game.

Both are fine.

Also, I think it's now clear why this game isn't called Part 1 or anything. It's the only episode of the series that is going to be a FF7 remake. I'm expecting the sequel to be called "FF7 Rebirth, FF7-2" or some other thing.

Ash

Arcane
The old contrarian adage about FF7 - "Overhyped but not overrated" - gaining more credence due to this remake.

"The Materia system is a dumbed-down retooling of Final Fantasy VI's Magicite/Relic setup"

:what:

FF7 perhaps has some of the best gameplay of JRPG's of yore because of it's materia system + level design which was constantly throwing some new puzzle or gimmick at you, rather than bland empty repetitive levels you see in something like Suikoden, Chrono Trigger or Breath of Fire.
FF5, 6, 8 and 9 did a good job in this regard too.

Last edited:

Shaewaroz

Arcane
Patron
In a hobo shack due to betting on neanderthal
I'm very into cock and ball torture
FF7 is FF7.
This is another game.

I agree, it's fine for them to do whatever they want with their creative license. But do you think these people wanted some other game rather than a faithful recreation of FF7?

This guy is literally having an orgasm during the reveal.

It might not be profitable for Squeenix to try to subvert his expectations.

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
FF7 is FF7.
This is another game.

I agree, it's fine for them to do whatever they want with their creative license. But do you think these people wanted some other game rather than a faithful recreation of FF7?

This guy is literally having an orgasm during the reveal.

I really, really, do not care at all. And neither should Square.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Well credit where credit is due, as an exercise in trolling this is a 10/10. This remake bought back my nostalgia for a game I thought I had mostly moved on from then proceeded to violently rape and mutilate it whilst feasting on my childhood fanboi tears. Game journos and cucks lavishing praise further rubs salt in the wounds.

But the trolling is not over, still 2 parts to go! And the genius of time traveling ghosts bs is that while I also predict Aerith is going to be saved, they might actually pull of a double troll and kill her anyways to make the time ghosts plotline irrelevant (seriously what other major event in the story is there to mess with? It HAS to be Aerith or bust). So trolling both ff7 purists and those who waited 20 years to save their waifu in one masterstroke, “looking forward” to seeing which way they go.

Ash

Arcane
HOW does this video exist? 7 hours worth of idiots that have learned absolutely nothing? How can these "fans" be oblivious to the rape Square Enix have unleashed upon the franchise for over a decade now, let alone the rape of every other classic IP they own e.g Thief, Tomb Raider, Deus Ex...FF7R was bound to be crap.

Sometimes I feel like everyone's either a shill or victims brainwashed by the shills. Like everyone has their own "watchmen of fate"-looking puppermasters hovering over them but I can't see them cause I don't have the special glasses.

Last edited:

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
I am perfectly happy that they are not going to follow the FF7 story strictly. This is how remakes should be done.

Hardly, there are other words they could have used to describe this like reboot or reimagining or something.

With the word Remake they clearly suggested that while the gameplay and story may be expanded that they would not diverge from it in a way that makes it another game alltogether.

That said, to blame is naturally that we use these terms that are used for marketing however we want. It's irrelevant what people think a remake is as long as those making the product decide how to call it on how much money it might make rather than to make clear what they are actually doing. As in to inform their customers as best as possible regarding what the product actually is.

Regardless I saved some money and it isn't really worthwhile to debate the definition of those words, be it "spiritual successor" "reimagining" "remaster" or "reboot" as, as i have said, the companies really don't give a crap.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
And the genius of time traveling ghosts bs is that while I also predict Aerith is going to be saved, they might actually pull of a double troll and kill her anyways

lol it would actually be peak Nomura to save aeris and then kill her off anyways at a different part. hilarious.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
But FF7 remake is indeed a remake.

It just comes with a warning that the rest of the games are not going to be bound by the fanbase expectations.

The MGS2 parallel is obvious, really. And despite everything, it remains one of the most important and strong statement in game history. It took serious nerve to do that, and it is remembered as such.

Let us see if SE is strong enough to pull it, and how much the public has matured since.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Whatever the case they pulled a scummy bait and switch on the retard "fans". All early promo material showed off somewhat faithful recreations of the original's scenes without too much divergence. Turns out they were hiding a lot. A lot of shit-tier content that has nothing to do with the original.

Square Enix are completely shameless, soulless assholes that face zero consequence. Do shit like this again and again, yet they only seem to get stronger where you'd think people would stop consuming their shit.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
But FF7 remake is indeed a remake.

It just comes with a warning that the rest of the games are not going to be bound by the fanbase expectations.

First of all your definition of what is, is pretty arbitrary. You simply do not know what a remake is, you only believe that this is one.

let me quote the prestigous well of wisdom wikipedia here:
A remake is a production of a film, television series, video game, or similar form of entertainment that is based upon an earlier production. A remake tells the same story as the original but uses a different cast and may alter the theme or target audience.

so I am not sure what you are basing your opinion on but i'm pretty clear it's not objective. Don't get me wrong here, wikipedia has the same problem with this topic, look at the talk page and you will see that they are debating this shit just like anyone else.

The real issue here is that it actually did not come with a warning, which is exactly why the audience reacts like this. That the story would fully diverge was never mentioned, therefore a backlash is unavoidable and in my eyes also warranted.

Ash

Arcane
It's a reboot not a remake, going by common movie and video game terminology.

Fine, call it a remake if you want, just be sure to add "part 1" to the subtitle so people who don't follow video games and just want a nostalgia trip know they aren't getting even 15% of what Final Fantasy 7 originally encompassed. Also so people know it's episodic in general and will have to shell out 100 bucks or whatever every installment.

SCUM ENIX

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Gamers being angry at something insignificant, is, however, an eternal remake.

I am not going to dispute that. Even though I would say that it is not the nature of the gamers it is the nature of humankind. So is trying to exclude (or include) yourself from a specific group so you can tell the others that their issue is insignificant is pretty much standard MO

alighieri

Educated
ITT: people who are mad that the remake isn't the same game they played in their childhood

fans of a franchise are the most retarded people ever and the reason why a franchise turns to shit. I hope Square shits more on these kind of people

Jinn

Arcane
fans of a franchise are the most retarded people ever and the reason why a franchise turns to shit. I hope Square shits more on these kind of people

You realize that the majority of the fans of this franchise are lapping this shit up, right?

Cromwell

Arcane
Everytime I try to put together a mature and witty response to this thread I remember that the guy who made this did kingdom hearts and just give up. I checked and saw that the guy who made seven also did 6 8 10 and chrono trigger.

Codex Year of the Donut

You realize that the majority of the fans of this franchise are lapping this shit up, right?
Square could shit on a plate and sell millions if they said it's FF7-themed shit. It's one of the few video game fanbases that rivals Nintendo's cult members.

Last edited:

Bahamut

Arcane
Nobody has ever used the term "remake" to mean "different game with the same characters and vague similarities in the plot", this is retarded even for contrarians

Guess the joke is that 'remake' part in games title is not about game itself but story that's being remade

Generic-Giant-Spider

Does the Honey Bee Inn still have that room where somebody is talking about how you should worship Satan?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom