Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 76 - online Fallout spinoff from Bethesda - now on Steam with Wastelanders NPC expansion

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Link your Bethesda.net and Steam accounts before April 12th, and if you already own Fallout 76 then you'll also get it on Steam for free.

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3ltxG5KFODDNjcNs49uThq/fallout-76-special-steam-offers

Two platforms, twice the fun.

Apparently, people who refunded the game on the Bethesda launcher still get F76 on Steam for free :lol::lol::lol:

You can't get rid of the game even if you want to. There is no escape.
iFpzVAG.jpg

Baron Dupek

Arcane

“With the return of people to Appalachia, the new factions have moved in claiming territory as their own,” Bethesda explained in a tweet on Friday. “Wastelanders won’t be the same Appalachia you’re used to. Check your C.A.M.P. location with this map to see if you may need to consider relocating from a no-build zone.”

Replying to a Twitter user who asked what would happen to camps left in a Wastelanders-specific location, Bethesda senior VP Pete Hines said, “Same as when you log in and another player on your server is in your spot. You get a free placement to put your C.A.M.P. somewhere else.”

Thank God Bethesda doesnt have a game set in Israel.

Myobi

Liturgist
guys why is this trash in my steam library wtf
bethestard.png

checks out I guess.

I think I actually got that in this thread, because I heard that UO devs were working on F76 and expected them to actually make the game good, but as it turned out, F76 is awful

Lmao the reviews are like 999/1000 positive for the game and you retards dig up the one slightly negative one and worship it.

Nice contrarian ethics codex

more like tardex

what's it like living in shit just to be edgy?

fuck you

w/e I preordered and i'm gonna LOVE IT!

u guys have fun circle jerking over 'lore' lmao

'hurr durr brotherhood of steal enclave shouldnt b in game b/c according to 10th edition of history of nuke lore bit from fallout 1;////////."

go read a book if u care about this shit

Pretty funny that nearly all of the early impressions of this game on youtube are positive. Guess the codex is wrong yet again!!!

Also I liked the trailer

Nice! And there will be many more positive reviews to come!

Alright guys beta just ended for today my review:

10/10 GOTY

Thanks all

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At this point I don't know if trolling or actually just low on chromosomes.

Codex Year of the Donut
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979976626/recommended/1151340/
icon_thumbsUp.png
Recommended
3.7 hrs last two weeks / 3.7 hrs on record (2.7 hrs at review time)
Posted: Apr 14 @ 5:31pm

IMO one of the best fallout games. This is coming from someone who loved fo3 and NV. This one has a unique flavor that has been extremely immersive.
Don't listen to the haters. Most have never played, or just love to bash the game because they get off on it. A lot of love and care has went into making this world feel alive. There are scenes everywhere. Environmental storytelling at its best.

I love wandering into a house, finding a note, and it leading me somewhere without hand holding me. There is so much story in this game.

I highly recommend playing FO76.
Again don't listen to the hivemind.

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
guys why is this trash in my steam library wtf
bethestard.png

checks out I guess.

I think I actually got that in this thread, because I heard that UO devs were working on F76 and expected them to actually make the game good, but as it turned out, F76 is awful

Lmao the reviews are like 999/1000 positive for the game and you retards dig up the one slightly negative one and worship it.

Nice contrarian ethics codex

more like tardex

what's it like living in shit just to be edgy?

fuck you

w/e I preordered and i'm gonna LOVE IT!

u guys have fun circle jerking over 'lore' lmao

'hurr durr brotherhood of steal enclave shouldnt b in game b/c according to 10th edition of history of nuke lore bit from fallout 1;////////."

go read a book if u care about this shit

Pretty funny that nearly all of the early impressions of this game on youtube are positive. Guess the codex is wrong yet again!!!

Also I liked the trailer

Nice! And there will be many more positive reviews to come!

Alright guys beta just ended for today my review:

10/10 GOTY

Thanks all

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ At this point I don't know if trolling or actually just low on chromosomes.

lol those are some good ass posts if i say so myself

thanks

Codex Year of the Donut
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970762321/recommended/1151340/
icon_thumbsUp.png
Recommended
5.3 hrs last two weeks / 5.3 hrs on record
Posted: Apr 15 @ 4:25pm

Love how people just cry about how stuff is monetized..... Has anyone noticed that the new game price has stayed pretty much the same for ages while everything else has felt the effects of inflation? Love how consumers feel they have the right to tell companies how and what they should charge for their product. If you don't like it, dont do it, noone is forcing you to. I am having fun with this game again, didnt play much at launch because it did feel wierd without friendly NPCs. Thats solved now, and I find the interactions with NPCs in this are actually more interesting than they were in FO4. I do not care that I had to pay extra to have a private server, cause.... its a private server? I play a lot of survival games and funny.... but none of them provide private servers for free..... its downright wierd that people expect private servers for free from Bethesda. Especially considering the Atom points included in the subscription are actually cheaper than if you were to buy just the Atom points. (You cant buy exactly 1600, but to get that much would cost you more than just getting the subscription). SO... in theory ALL of the other stuff in the subscription is essentially free after the points. I doubt I will play for more than a month anyway so I am happy with paying a little extra, still way cheaper than going for drinks.

Gameplay with the new NPCs is fun, realtime VATs is a neat solution to not being able to slow time, feels very gunslinger-esque once you have a good setup going. Typically Fallout humour is throughout, typical Fallout bugs are throughout. Perk system feels fluid and flexible with the ability to swap out cards for different situations. Fun game, worth every penny I have spent on it so far. And for those that are whining about the $$$, perhaps you should spend more time making $$$ so you dont have to whine about $$$...... Just saying... Base Game + Subscription is still less than I spend at the bar on an average Friday (Pre Covid).

Hellion

Arcane
It has dialogue with frequent stat checks, two factions with which you can gain reputation by doing the "main quest" (there are also faction dailies), there's some secondary choices during quests (eg you find someone who's infected with the scorched virus and can choose whether to let him go or put him out of his misery before he transforms into a scorched ghoul), and so far it is indeed relatively bug-free. Other than that, for the most part the new story missions are still boring dungeon crawling crap - go to that place, gather X item, bring it back, go to next dungeon, bring Y item, etc.

All-in-all it plays a bit more like the "Fallout 4 MMO lite" people were expecting back in 2018. So I guess it's the new Codex GOTY.

typical user

Arbiter
Watching currently ManyATrueNerd video on Fo76. Dialog window is now properly done... Which took them what 4 years? Modders had to jury-rig this for Fo4. There are still skill tags on dialog window which is :decline: . That's one thing I do not like in FoNV - ruins immersion and makes you want to minmax, but thankfully you cannot be a jack of all trades. I don't like camera zoom-in, gives me Fo3 vibes and urge to puke. NPCs still live in trashed places and the lore is still utter garbage. I also don't like that there was nuclear war yet the forest looks all dandy.

This re-release just shows that there are devs that do realize what are the issues with Fallout series but Hodd and other dicks live in their Bioware-like ego-bubble and desacrating corpse for fat stacks of cash.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom