Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Baltika9

Arcane
Oh boy, our first vote outside of character creation and already we're at a stalemate!

:lol:

I don't get the appeal of A. What are we gonna do, stay in the forest our whole life, illiterate? Bollocks to that, let's go see what this thing is about. Maybe we'll get a ticket outta here.

And, yeah, I must be a nice guy deep down, because I don't want to leave a person in trouble to suffer. Karma and all that, yeah?

Kz3r0

Arcane
I don't get the appeal of A.
To fight the old Codex habit to get diplomats in fistfights and muscleheads engaging in philosophical debates.
We chose a jungle moron then we will act as one, his reasons for lead a different life should be in character.

Esquilax

Arcane
I don't get the appeal of A. What are we gonna do, stay in the forest our whole life, illiterate? Bollocks to that, let's go see what this thing is about. Maybe we'll get a ticket outta here.

And, yeah, I must be a nice guy deep down, because I don't want to leave a person in trouble to suffer. Karma and all that, yeah?

You don't get the appeal of A because you've grown up around people, empathized with them, loved them, etc. If all you know is the day-to-day struggle to survive, and the often terrifying beauty of nature, then a person screaming in the woods shouldn't arouse more curiosity than a falcon grasping a mouse in its talons. Just happens to be that in this case, the prey happens to be the same species as you.

This character is far more in touch with his "primal" side than your average Joe.

We chose a jungle moron then we will act as one, his reasons for lead a different life should be in character.

Both options are "in character". A is in character for the reason I just mentioned, and B is in character because people are still curious, social animals by nature - if you hear another person crying out, and you haven't heard a human voice in years, you're going to feel a sense of longing, and maybe a desire for some kind of release from that isolation.

Baltika9

Arcane
You don't get the appeal of A because you've grown up around people, empathized with them, loved them, etc. If all you know is the day-to-day struggle to survive, and the often terrifying beauty of nature, then a person screaming in the woods shouldn't arouse more curiosity than a falcon grasping a mouse in its talons. Just happens to be that in this case, the prey happens to be the same species as you.

This character is far more in touch with his "primal" side than your average Joe.
Huh. Makes me think of this:
Mersault said:
“Mother died today. Or maybe yesterday; I can't be sure.”

I suppose we could play a completely detached person, but you are 100% correct: despite everything, I am a social person and I prefer to be with people than apart from them. Hence, B.

Thank you for elevating the level of DISCUSS!!!
:salute:

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh boy, our first vote outside of character creation and already we're at a stalemate!

You're always way too literal. What's B gonna do then, we'll chase screaming women our entire lives?

Dude is a stoic, focused dude who stays on task and isn't super comfortable yet with a confusing big wide world out there.

Baltika9

Arcane

You're always way too literal. What's B gonna do then, we'll chase screaming women our entire lives?

Dude is a stoic, focused dude who stays on task and isn't super comfortable yet with a confusing big wide world out there.
As Esquilax pointed out, this choice will have a big impact on our character as a person. I want to steer him towards sociability. The quarantine is showing me all the wonders of social isolation, it ain't fun.

But, character development aside, I also want to catch a plot ticket outta this forest. And I don't want to spend the next couple of updates deciding which deer we want to hunt and deciphering which animal's shit it is we're looking at.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
May as well vote B. It seems we hunt every day, so our deer is not really important in the scheme of things. The idea that MC hasn't experienced curiosity for a long time is more concerning than whether we get a deer.

Current tally is at 8 A votes to 12 B votes.

Nevill B
Smashing Axe A
asxetos B
Baltika9 B
Kipeci B A
Life of the Party B
ERYFKRAD B
CappenVarra A
Tigranes B A
Zerafall A
Azira A B
Lambchop19 B
hello friend B A B
baud B
Grimgravy A
Kz3r0 A
Oscar A
Esquilax B
Absinthe B
ItsChon B

Last edited:

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Half of you bros honestly gonna let someone die for a deer cheeseburger smh

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Half of you bros honestly gonna let someone die for a deer cheeseburger smh
Autist shouldn't go against his schedule, it will cause discomfort.

Besides which, I want to see what treave does with a protagonist who doesn't leap at the call to adventure first chance he gets.

Esquilax

Arcane
Guys, you're not asking the important questions here: treave, is our master into taxidermy at all? Seems like a nice hobby for our hunter to get into - additionally, animals are great practice for when we eventually move on to humans.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
B - I get wanting to stay true to the character and focusing on hunting the deer, but there's no way we can just let this scream shit happen. We run the forests, we hold the cards, ain't no way we're letting something happen in our forest without us knowing about it. That being said, how likely is it that us not going after the deer will result in a -1 WIS score?

Baltika9

Arcane
We're at twenty voters already. Damn. Just like old times.

:love:

A - 9

B - 11

Smashing Axe - A
Kipeci - A
CappenVarra - A
Zerafall - A
Grimgravy - A
Kz3r0 - A
oscar - A
Tigranes - A
ItsChon - A

Life of the Party - B
ERYFKRAD - B
asxetos - B
Baltika9 - B
Nevill - B
Lambchop19 - B
baud - B
Esquilax - B
Absinthe - B
Azira - B
hello friend - B

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
B - I get wanting to stay true to the character and focusing on hunting the deer, but there's no way we can just let this scream shit happen. We run the forests, we hold the cards, ain't no way we're letting something happen in our forest without us knowing about it. That being said, how likely is it that us not going after the deer will result in a -1 WIS score?
The choice says it right there, seems unwise! -1 WIS is unwise, the relation is clear.

Also, venison is amazing and if we pick up some urchin whining about a little bear or starvation or whatever then we might have to not only give up the meat we’re tracking but to share some of our reserves so that they can walk away alive. We know cheeseburgers are really good but we don’t know if weird screamers are- besides, a little torture will make them all the more grateful if we do roll in later.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
The choice says it right there, seems unwise! -1 WIS is unwise, the relation is clear.

Also, venison is amazing and if we pick up some urchin whining about a little bear or starvation or whatever then we might have to not only give up the meat we’re tracking but to share some of our reserves so that they can walk away alive. We know cheeseburgers are really good but we don’t know if weird screamers are- besides, a little torture will make them all the more grateful if we do roll in later.
Or, what if our WIS is too LOW, and us thinking it's unwise would actually mean it IS the wise thing to do.

Kipeci

Arcane

Or, what if our WIS is too LOW, and us thinking it's unwise would actually mean it IS the wise thing to do.
I don’t think you realize, our guy here is ten entire freaking years old and has seen whatever the world has to offer. He’s the wisestest hunter out there and knows in his heart what he should be doing, we can’t let some wailing worldly wife shatter his burgeoning soul-resonance with the celestial spheres just to sate some fleck of curiosity.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Oh, we're 10? I flop to A, it's probably some stupid kids playing. And here I thought we had a chance to get some poon.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane

I don’t think you realize, our guy here is ten entire freaking years old and has seen whatever the world has to offer. He’s the wisestest hunter out there and knows in his heart what he should be doing, we can’t let some wailing worldly wife shatter his burgeoning soul-resonance with the celestial spheres just to sate some fleck of curiosity.
Brah, what the fuck are you even smoking? This sounds like a one-way ticket to Virgintown, population: us.

Don't go to Virgintown, support B to save (social) lives, ours and someone else's!

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What happens if the vote remains tied?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom