Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Soul of War Inspired by Dungeons & Dragons

Kaivokz

Arcane
You should take a step back relax—get drunk, blow off some steam. Probably stop reading so much feedback; “trying to make everyone happy” is an unhealthy & unattainable goal. Just make the game you want and if people don’t like it despite your best efforts, eh, it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day.

I played the game and posted pictures so that people here could see some of it. I posted this on the first page and you already responded to it, and I didn’t say the right click context menu makes the game bad. I said adding some basic functionality (like left click to move) would be quality of life improvement.

So it seems like you either want attention or you’re obsessing over feedback and interpreting it negatively. I’m going to be brutally honest here: if your games fail in the future it will be because of your attitude more than anything else. People here were mostly supportive of the game itself. If you want people who enjoy “real RPGs” like the one you’re trying to make, this really is your market, and it is very niche.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
You should take a step back relax—get drunk, blow off some steam. Probably stop reading so much feedback; “trying to make everyone happy” is an unhealthy & unattainable goal. Just make the game you want and if people don’t like it despite your best efforts, eh, it doesn’t really matter at the end of the day.

I played the game and posted pictures so that people here could see some of it. I posted this on the first page and you already responded to it, and I didn’t say the right click context menu makes the game bad. I said adding some basic functionality (like left click to move) would be quality of life improvement.

So it seems like you either want attention or you’re obsessing over feedback and interpreting it negatively. I’m going to be brutally honest here: if your games fail in the future it will be because of your attitude more than anything else. People here were mostly supportive of the game itself. If you want people who enjoy “real RPGs” like the one you’re trying to make, this really is your market, and it is very niche.
Thanks man...you said it best when you said to step back and quit reading, my wife even says im very high strung, im sorry mate's i only want to make everyone happy!

RPK

Scholar

Thanks man...you said it best when you said to step back and quit reading, my wife even says im very high strung, im sorry mate's i only want to make everyone happy!

but you CAN'T make everyone happy.
what you need to do is read the feedback. See if there's a consensus (does everyone say rightclicking is bad?) and see if the suggested changes would significantly change your vision for your game or not (and if they would, hey... maybe that's a good thing - think about that too). THEN you consider maybe responding.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Basically, never reply to criticism in the heat of the moment, but only when you've had time to think about it. I've found it helpful to wait a day or so because a lot of times the emotion dies down and you can address concerns or criticism rationally.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Basically, never reply to criticism in the heat of the moment, but only when you've had time to think about it. I've found it helpful to wait a day or so because a lot of times the emotion dies down and you can address concerns or criticism rationally.
Thanks my friend!

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer

but you CAN'T make everyone happy.
what you need to do is read the feedback. See if there's a consensus (does everyone say rightclicking is bad?) and see if the suggested changes would significantly change your vision for your game or not (and if they would, hey... maybe that's a good thing - think about that too). THEN you consider maybe responding.
Thanks!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok I have downloaded the game from the free download link. I figured since I wasted 300h testing Phoenix Point since "release" that I paid money for I might as well test this game a bit since it is given for free.
And I can already see there will be a lot of stuff to report here.
1. Intro text needs formatting. The one about 3 brothers. Sentences just get sent into next row randomly and stuff. Also there are walls of text with no formatting that are hard to read. Also it talks about 3 brothers but then at character creation you can be female. LGBT+ friendly game? :D Or I misunderstood the connection between that story and your starting character.
2. Exit on first map is covered by the bottom right screen. You need to move Exits in all maps from bottom right above the edge of maps so that players can click on it without problems. I would also suggest you put some icon on locations where there are exits, not only that once we mouse over it name appears
3. You start with dagger but it does 1-2 damage instead of 1-4 ? Why?
4. Can you please put End Turn into quickslot bar as well in addition to move and attack (ok I guess space bar does end turn but that is not told ingame)? How do we manipulate quickslot bar anyways?
5. When we press ESC it is common in games that Save and Load are options there.
6. Adding things like Charge and Ready action to attack would be very useful for Fighter types. OK I have found where these are hidden, well at least Charge.
7. Being able to enter combat from further away would also benefit ranged classes. Also ranged weapons seem to have terrible range, I tried to use the crossbow and it had like 10 square range.
8. Not sure how magic works. I summoned a lvl 1 nature ally (playing a druid) and it lasted for multiple combats. On the other hand other druid spells say they last only 1 turn. Is turn here 10 rounds or is turn= round?
EDIT:
9. Why I cannot turn on Casting Defensively during combat, only outside of combat?!
10. About #2, this shit is very irritating. I just entered a map where exit was on the bottom and I barely managed to exit it afterwards. If I quit playing early this will be my #1 reason.
11. Selection light up for icons is bad. It is often hard to know if you selected something or not. For example when you are choosing class you have brown icons and you get a light red marking when you select something.
EDIT2:
12. I cast entangle on enemies and my warrior walked into it and also got entangled (after you cast it there are no markers on ground to know what area is affected). While all enemies on their turn could attempt to break free, my warrior just kept being stuck each turn and not being able to do anything..
13. Asleep characters can do 5 foot steps :D
14. Enemies cast spells or try to use potions and game pauses and wait for me to press end turn. Also in one situation enemy used potion on my giant rat instead of himself lol ... OK it seems this is how AoO is implemented in this game. I would suggest you add some way for people to understand this.
Man....Did you play the game? entangle shows on map....i can create a video if you like? and if you read the instructions before you dove right in you would see clearly you can set a hotbar key for whatever you, like end turn! just hover your mouse over end turn and hit a number it will show up on the hotbar. man if your a sleep you cant move not even 5step. please quit giving out false info!
I feel like for whatever reason you are trying to put down a game you never played, this link you left on here with like 50k complaints is false. the crap that is on that list are all fake!
Are you joking here or drunk again?
Seriously, I don't know what is going on here. You left a free version, asked for feedback. I spent my limited time to try it and more time to write real feedback and you answer like this?!
I could have played real finished games instead but I spent time testing your alpha version game and even provided real feedback.

Entangle would not show up in all maps on the floor, only in some. I noticed that later. And I am pretty sure I was able to move my asleep character 5 feet or I would not mention it. It is probably some strange combination that allowed it. My character was put into sleep only once so I had no reference if it happens everytime.
That is it for me and testing or promoting your game here.

Maybe we could suffer you if you were making KotC level quality game but so far what I played this is not even close.

But do stay around, your butthurt and drama is fun to read in these long days stuck at home.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Ok I have downloaded the game from the free download link. I figured since I wasted 300h testing Phoenix Point since "release" that I paid money for I might as well test this game a bit since it is given for free.
1. Intro text needs formatting. The one about 3 brothers. Sentences just get sent into next row randomly and stuff. Also there are walls of text with no formatting that are hard to read. Also it talks about 3 brothers but then at character creation you can be female. LGBT+ friendly game? :D Or I misunderstood the connection between that story and your starting character.
2. Exit on first map is covered by the bottom right screen. You need to move Exits in all maps from bottom right above the edge of maps so that players can click on it without problems. I would also suggest you put some icon on locations where there are exits, not only that once we mouse over it name appears
4. Can you please put End Turn into quickslot bar as well in addition to move and attack (ok I guess space bar does end turn but that is not told ingame)? How do we manipulate quickslot bar anyways?
5. When we press ESC it is common in games that Save and Load are options there.
6. Adding things like Charge and Ready action to attack would be very useful for Fighter types. OK I have found where these are hidden, well at least Charge.
7. Being able to enter combat from further away would also benefit ranged classes. Also ranged weapons seem to have terrible range, I tried to use the crossbow and it had like 10 square range.
8. Not sure how magic works. I summoned a lvl 1 nature ally (playing a druid) and it lasted for multiple combats. On the other hand other druid spells say they last only 1 turn. Is turn here 10 rounds or is turn= round?
EDIT:
9. Why I cannot turn on Casting Defensively during combat, only outside of combat?!
10. About #2, this shit is very irritating. I just entered a map where exit was on the bottom and I barely managed to exit it afterwards. If I quit playing early this will be my #1 reason.
11. Selection light up for icons is bad. It is often hard to know if you selected something or not. For example when you are choosing class you have brown icons and you get a light red marking when you select something.
EDIT2:
12. I cast entangle on enemies and my warrior walked into it and also got entangled (after you cast it there are no markers on ground to know what area is affected). While all enemies on their turn could attempt to break free, my warrior just kept being stuck each turn and not being able to do anything..
14. Enemies cast spells or try to use potions and game pauses and wait for me to press end turn. Also in one situation enemy used potion on my giant rat instead of himself lol ... OK it seems this is how AoO is implemented in this game. I would suggest you add some way for people to understand this.
Man....Did you play the game? entangle shows on map....i can create a video if you like? and if you read the instructions before you dove right in you would see clearly you can set a hotbar key for whatever you, like end turn! just hover your mouse over end turn and hit a number it will show up on the hotbar. man if your a sleep you cant move not even 5step. please quit giving out false info!
I feel like for whatever reason you are trying to put down a game you never played, this link you left on here with like 50k complaints is false. the crap that is on that list are all fake!
Seriously, I don't know what is going on here. You left a free version, asked for feedback. I spent my limited time to try it and more time to write real feedback and you answer like this?!
I could have played real finished games instead but I spent time testing your alpha version game and even provided real feedback.

Entangle would not show up in all maps on the floor, only in some. I noticed that later. And I am pretty sure I was able to move my asleep character 5 feet or I would not mention it. It is probably some strange combination that allowed it. My character was put into sleep only once so I had no reference if it happens everytime.

Maybe we could suffer you if you were making KotC level quality game but so far what I played this is not even close.

But do stay around, your butthurt and drama is fun to read in these long days stuck at home.
Would be nice if you could put some videos up with you showing your complaints? Can you do that Arch? Since you admit you played limited time.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
EDIT:
EDIT2:

I really do not think blowing up the forums with rants are doing the codex any good, if you have bug reports why did you not mention them to me? man i do not understand you, you admit you got it for free but at the same time rag on the game call me drunk and cant give me a simple thank you!

ArchAngel

Arcane
EDIT:
EDIT2:

Would be nice if you could put some videos up with you showing your complaints? Can you do that Arch? Since you admit you played limited time.
No, I don't have videos and I don't plan to fuck around looking to make some. I did say I am done with testing..

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
EDIT:
EDIT2:

No, I don't have videos and I don't plan to fuck around looking to make some. I did say I am done with testing..
Thats fine

ArchAngel

Arcane
EDIT:
EDIT2:

I really do not think blowing up the forums with rants are doing the codex any good, if you have bug reports why did you not mention them to me? man i do not understand you, you admit you got it for free but at the same time rag on the game call me drunk and cant give me a simple thank you!
Why would I not admit it?! You did leave a link here and asked for feedback. Did you not read my post you quoted?! I did say I am going to test it. I didn't get it to play it for free but I actually wanted to give you feedback because you asked for it. But I guess I was stupid as you just looked for people to attack for daring to say anything bad about your game.
So please don't ever ask anyone for feedback. Just release your game and the amount of sales will say it all.

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
Let me know what you guys think of my new ui? should i change it or keep it the same. thanks
332qa0.jpg

Sandor

Novice
There is a simple way to fix all issues from the past for everyone complaining about supposed copied asset use(don't know, haven't checked). For fishdog games, just use free to re-use or purchased assets in this game and going forward, and replace any if they still exist. Presto, thank you and done. Keep showing your using bought or free to re-use assets continuously from now on and everything will right itself and in time almost no one will think they might have been used before without granted useage.
I think many non-devs/designers aren't aware of so many non-exclusive creative/design/art assets in the marketplace which creatives really require to attempt to make even enough as a part time gig not to mention career, and it's not getting easier with the super cheapo global marketplaces like Fiverr!

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
I purchase assets for the game and i make my own, i only do what i can with the money i have ( I gave this game for free many times) I gave it out for free and got ragged on.. not to mention people dropped the link on other servers skrewed me up so bad!....i can tell you this though i pour my heart and soul into this game. I have busted my ass the last week just trying to redo the ui because people have requested it. ive about got it nipped in the butt!

fishdoggames

Ellis Studios
Developer
i have currently lowered the price from 49 to 10 usd...had some people that really want to play it but they could not afford the price, so i have lowered it to $10

zielakxar

Novice
Be careful - this game is a scam and the author is simply a troll. I've been trying to play this game for a while now after purchasing it for 10 USD and I've send report about 14 bugs that you can see in first 5 hours of gameplay. Author simply trolls in facebook conversation dismissing it all and laughing people in the face.

Here's proofs with videos. This is message I've sent to the author hoping to help the development but it seems there won't be any development at all cause author gives an impression of having good time while scamming people.

1. If all enemies and party members start in stealth then no one can do anything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLTCvrG3iSE
As seen in video above - if everyone starts fight stealthed then there is no way to de-stealth and you're stuck and forced to load a save.

2. Strange encounter on the overmap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9YVLKDTxDU enemy NPC have no models and are invisible.

3. Enemies aggro range: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq_iLgt5ixo It seems like the ghosts in the bottom and shadow captain should be two separate encounters yet everyone aggroes when player party approaches despite being so far away.
Here you can see aggro problem again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t82RbnJtVA there's also pathfinding problems. As you see the goblins here aggro from... like far away deep in the dungeon and try to walk to wall to get to the player party.

4. After defeating Hobgoblin boss whole screen goes blurry and it seems like there should be some message here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unDom8v-jBk but player just doesn't see it. It's all just blurr and you can click couple times for it to go away but nothing shows on screen.

5. Haste doesn't add extra attack.

6. Here you see enemy Hobgoblin using Cure potion... on my bard:
https://i.imgur.com/mCFrsha.png
There's similar silly stuff happening with AI all the time. Enemy barbarians using rage while being disabled via spells, I even saw a evil cleric HEALING (eg dealing damage) to HIS OWN ALLIED undead.
Here is an example of enemy AI and mages killing themself and their allies in bursts of fireballs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUn7GpfNVGk

7. you cannot walk over enemy corpses - which means if you're blocked by dropping corpses you're stuck and need to load the game.

8. When you're doing Kill ogre quest the farmer tells he gives you 800 gold while really he only gives 250
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgQifOW4THM

9. Scroll of Raise Dead - does nothing. Simply doesn't work at all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9CzPz5pYbQ

10. Serious problem with Clerics:
https://i.imgur.com/qXbIc6z.png
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8DJLN3Z8Po
When you try to level your cleric to level 9 there is only one spell available (raise dead) and since you NEED to select at least 2 spells to level up... you CAN't get past that level.

11. Characters CANNOT do more than one attack (two if they have two weapon fighting). No matter how much BAB you'll have you're stuck with 1 or 2 attacks if you have two weapons. This makes further portion of the game unplayable...
Here you can see example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS2hvIH0HCs rogue with improved two weapon handling with 2 attacks. level 8 cleric with a single attack per round.

This is what I've managed to find out only after couple hours with the game - it makes a good impression of being a finished product but once you'll start playing and speak a bit with the author you'll realize it was made as a scam. It becomes unplayable couple hours after the start. Shame cause it does good work at pretending to be something nice for people looking 3.5 experience.

I thought at first cause of this is in early beta stage and hoped it all will be fixed and game developped further but author when contacted claims none of the bugs exist. He even heckled me saying that I dare to complain after getting game for free (I paid 10 USD for it):
https://i.imgur.com/qP1I1hJ.png

But according to the author 10 USD is "It's like free" cause game costed 50 previously...

I'd reccomend moderators to take down this topic after couple days once people get familliar with my post - to protect further people from being scammed.

Last edited:

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd reccomend moderators to take down this topic after couple days once people get familliar with my post - to protect further people from being scammed.
But then they wouldn't learn a valuable lesson.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom