Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGCodex lost it's prestige & I blame Witcher 3

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
It all starts with a story ofc.
So, Once upon a time when I was around 14 or 15 I encountered this site while searching for what could run on my rubbish under-powered system, then me was playing GBA Pokemon & Dragonball Z Legacy of Goku on my PC. It was around the 2007s and thus I played Baldur's Gate, System Shock & Deus Ex. And I was like shit!, these games are good... so I wandered around the forums, there was this one game that was consistently praised. A hideous looking game, like fckn ugly graphics but I installed it. It was called Gothic, I played. I got beaten up by the wanker guards and I quit.

I moved on, played some Mount & Blade, Neverwinter, F.E.A.R & other junk. Came back to Gothic again, made it into the castle walls this time. The dude told me to go find the Cartographer near the Gate, I searched the wrong Gate on the other side and ran around for 5 hours and gave up. Called the wankers who keep praising the game retarded and moved on.

I came back to the game again, this time 17 & wiser. As the retards in Codex never shut up about how fckn good Gothic is. I found the fckn Cartographer, he was behind me. Wanker Diago couldn't just point. ANd I was enthralled, I didn't eat I didn't sleep and it stands to be the greatest experience I've ever had. Gothic is an Amazing game. Forever instilling in me what a game could & should be.

Now, I go look at the Top 101 PC RPG list. I see Gothic two places below the Witcher 3. I see Witcher 3 among the top being recognized as a modern classic. A game where your gameplay consists of following lines, lines on your map, lines on your horse, lines on the ground, lines in the air... a game where the rpg mechanics doesn't matter, where combat is brain dead, a game where nothing requires any thought, a condescending game that insults your intelligence as it babies you. This is what I see above Gothic. A pathetic game balanced so poorly that you would think the guy who designed it has mental issues. A game for a child, by a child. Maybe written & presented well but nevertheless treats you as a child even in it's main narrative.

And it's insulting. I can only come to the conclusion that Codex is now a trove for retards from reddit and damaged alzheimer's patients who can't play games anymore. It's insulting that this was once upon a time the site that I looked upto as prestigious. And Sad...

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Witcher 3 is a little overrated but saying that the Codex is like Reddit is a bit much.

Not really. So far on the Codex I witnessed,
  • people who dont even play RPGs
  • people who arent remotely interested in discussing RPGs
  • people with bad taste
  • shills
  • 50, 60 year old people with bad taste, which is particularly sad
  • people driven insane by their obsession with politics and racial theory
  • furies and SJWs
  • weaboos who are proud of their mental illness
  • actual people who performed sex changes on themselves
  • openly bisexual men
  • grown men who want to fuck other men
  • grown men who want to fuck male video characters

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Saying that the Codex is anything ignores that the Codex is everything. There is no hivemind, so opinions abound and frequently contradict.

Also, gtf out of here with your 'I was 14 in 2007' shit. :argh::P

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
So, Once upon a time when I was around 14 or 15 I encountered this site while searching for what could run on my rubbish under-powered system, then me was playing GBA Pokemon & Dragonball Z Legacy of Goku on my PC. It was around the 2007s and thus I played Baldur's Gate...
According to your testimony, the Codex was already decline in 2007.

:updatedmytxt:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
sOebedh.jpg

Funposter

Arcane
It dropped to 40th in the thread with downvotes. For comparison, while there was some shuffling in the top 10, none of them left that group.

Edit: The TRVE Codex Top 101 49

1ENnmzk.png

Even after receiving the second and third most downvotes, respectively, Morrowind and Baldur's Gate 2 did not budge from their positions, which really shows the gulf between the top 10 and everything else.

Last edited:

Silly Germans

So, Once upon a time when I was around 14 or 15 I encountered this site while searching for what could run on my rubbish under-powered system, then me was playing GBA Pokemon & Dragonball Z Legacy of Goku on my PC. It was around the 2007s and thus I played Baldur's Gate, System Shock & Deus Ex. And I was like shit!, these games are good... so I wandered around the forums, there was this one game that was consistently praised. A hideous looking game, like fckn ugly graphics but I installed it. It was called Gothic, I played. I got beaten up by the wanker guards and I quit.

I moved on, played some Mount & Blade, Neverwinter, F.E.A.R & other junk. Came back to Gothic again, made it into the castle walls this time. The dude told me to go find the Cartographer near the Gate, I searched the wrong Gate on the other side and ran around for 5 hours and gave up. Called the wankers who keep praising the game retarded and moved on.

I came back to the game again, this time 17 & wiser. As the retards in Codex never shut up about how fckn good Gothic is. I found the fckn Cartographer, he was behind me. Wanker Diago couldn't just point. ANd I was enthralled, I didn't eat I didn't sleep and it stands to be the greatest experience I've ever had. Gothic is an Amazing game. Forever instilling in me what a game could & should be.

Now, I go look at the Top 101 PC RPG list. I see Gothic two places below the Witcher 3. I see Witcher 3 among the top being recognized as a modern classic. A game where your gameplay consists of following lines, lines on your map, lines on your horse, lines on the ground, lines in the air... a game where the rpg mechanics doesn't matter, where combat is brain dead, a game where nothing requires any thought, a condescending game that insults your intelligence as it babies you. This is what I see above Gothic. A pathetic game balanced so poorly that you would think the guy who designed it has mental issues. A game for a child, by a child. Maybe written & presented well but nevertheless treats you as a child even in it's main narrative.

And it's insulting. I can only come to the conclusion that Codex is now a trove for retards from reddit and damaged alzheimer's patients who can't play games anymore. It's insulting that this was once upon a time the site that I looked upto as prestigious. And Sad...

Sounds like The Witcher 3 is exactly the game for you, given the fact that you needed 3 tries to make any progress on Gothic.
Have you managed to beat The Witcher 3 yet ? Perhaps it will take a few more attempts so you can have your epiphany and
tell us all about it.

Doma

Augur
"I was 14 in 2007"

"I came back to the game again, this time 17 & wiser"

This is bait right? I do not know if this is serious or not. Someone help.

Perkel

Arcane
It is rich complaining about The Witcher 3 coming from Gothic when Gothic main draw was story, worldbuilding and characters while stuff like progression systems and combat was completely secondary to it.

Imho i think TW3 high spot is also due to Codex being 50% already overtaken by poles. But that is normal only slavs understand greatness of fallout etc while dirty us garbage humans long lost in battle with decline.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom