Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Grimlorn

Arcane
^ Of course he's not going to heed your advice.

I still can't believe he's using GBP during Brexit. You'd think someone with a degree in Economics and Finance would be aware that it and possibly the Euro will only get weaker in the short term due to Brexit. Checked myself just now and yep both the GBP and Euro are down about 1-2% compared to the USD in the past week. Just seems like an unnecessary risk. He still lives in Bulgaria doesn't he? So he'll have to likely exchange to Euros or something anyways.

Aegidius

Educated
^ Of course he's not going to heed your advice.

I still can't believe he's using GBP during Brexit. You'd think someone with a degree in Economics and Finance would be aware that it and possibly the Euro will only get weaker in the short term due to Brexit. Checked myself just now and yep both the GBP and Euro are down about 1-2% compared to the USD in the past week. Just seems like an unnecessary risk. He still lives in Bulgaria doesn't he? So he'll have to likely exchange to Euros or something anyways.

Yeah, not sure where he lives now, but vaguely remember he has a connection to the UK (born there? grew up there? went to school there? Can't remember). I agree with your point he is taking on unnecessary currency risk. You never know where the exchange rate will go in the medium to long term, but I don't see anything happening in the next few months (i.e., the time period when this Kickstarter should be completed) changing the current USD strength. If anything, like you say, current events like Brexit trade negotiations and ongoing weakiness in Euro area economy seem to point to further short term weakiness in those two currencies.

But hey, what do I know? I'm just another anonymus poster on the Codex :)

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think idiot savant is probably a pretty good description of Pierre. Never have I seen someone so bereft of common sense.

Still I hope this succeeds.

We should definitely do a Codex fundraiser for this considering how close the funding goal is probably going to end up.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I think idiot savant is probably a pretty good description of Pierre. Never have I seen someone so bereft of common sense.

Most of the geniuses are weirdos so i'm not surprised.
Well, he did it, now, either he dies from food roots poisoning or we will have great games to play for the next 20 years.

Grimlorn

Arcane

We should definitely do a Codex fundraiser for this considering how close the funding goal is probably going to end up.
Can you imagine the Codex raising 5 to 10k for his Kickstarter? It would be too confusing and too much trouble for him calculating out the keys and rewards to give out. I don't think he'd go for it.

Would probably be much better to just have a banner advertising and linking to the KS. Or announce a fundraiser and then just have it link directly to the KS.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Can you imagine the Codex raising 5 to 10k for his Kickstarter? It would be too confusing and too much trouble for him calculating out the keys and rewards to give out. I don't think he'd go for it.

Would probably be much better to just have a banner advertising and linking to the KS. Or announce a fundraiser and then just have it link directly to the KS.

That's true, we don't want to cause him to short circuit (again).

Lukipaluki

Novice
And another month passes without any news, shilling or confirmation dates besides the predictable "After the Pathfinder Kickstarter ends" response, for an upcoming game that had nearly a decade of work and planning put into it. Simply epic.

Lukipaluki

Novice
*claps hands, rubs them together slowly and leans in forward while bowing his head down and tiredly looks up with his eyes after a long sigh, "So, Pierre Begue.. about that Kickstarter campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2: Augury of Chaos on Windows and Mac OS..."
:smug:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So the pathfinder Kickstarter is over and a month has passed since the last communication from Pierre and we are still in the dark.

However, I am not sure when it happened but the estimated delivery date on the kickstarter changed from March 2020 to May 2020 which is a good sign.

Noddy

Augur
He's waiting until the financial meltdown has reached it's peak and roots become the standard unit currency.
In fact i blame Pierre for corana. Reality bends to make his decisions as unprofitable as possible.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Don't take it at face value but here's what you can read on heroicfantasy.com forums

by Tiavals » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm

I've been corresponding with Pierre via email. Last I heard he didn't have any physical trouble with present pandemic.

Aside from the chaos and turmoil of the world, he's currently busy with social network stuff that'll be launched when the Kickstarter is(puzzles with rewards etc), in order to promote the Kickstarter better since you only get one chance.

So, everything should be more or less on track, from what I can tell.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
tiavals said:
I've been corresponding with Pierre via email. Last I heard he didn't have any physical trouble with present pandemic.

Aside from the chaos and turmoil of the world, he's currently busy with social network stuff that'll be launched when the Kickstarter is(puzzles with rewards etc), in order to promote the Kickstarter better since you only get one chance.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
tiavals said:

It will launch next Friday after the micro-puzzle issues are finished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom