Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Obsidian General Discussion Thread

Gaylord III

Literate
Not that they are under Microsoft, it can happen. But I dont believe it will be a niche isometric RTWP game.

I don't know what the general consensus is on this board but I've read theories that the game's poor commercial performance has been partly due to its setting and writing.

I think Pillars of Eternity 3 will be isometric RTWP game. But, they may do Pillars of Eternity: Something spinoff action RPG.

The lore has potential so it would be a waste to put it in the deep freeze but maybe they could take a leaf from other RPGs. My playthrough of PoE 1 was overall satisfying, although I had been pining for some sort of climax that would have brought closure to most of the plot threads and it never occurred for some reason. Maybe come up with a story that's easier to relate to? I dunno.

RepHope

Savant
Any word on if there will be a Pillars of Eternity 3?
Sawyer has said he wouldn’t direct it, and after PoE2’s sales and the MS buyout I wouldn’t hold my breath. They’ve got TOW DLC, Grounded, and a new AAA IP (probably fantasy) in the pipeline.

Quillon

Arcane
:D He must be working on a tiny project.

Strange we don't notice the stack of hats he's wearing on streams.

Also I bet he's evul-laughing when he decides on obscure shit without a reason. "I'm gonna make the days in Eora 27 hours long, yeess, people will wonder why for eternity mheheheehhe"

Last edited:

Slaver1

Savant
Looks like they're adding yet another white female liberal: it's starting to look like Huffington Post in there.

The writing team responsible for the likes of PST, KOTOR II and F:NV they most certainly aren't. We're going to be receiving bland, soulless Outer Worlds-tier pap from these witless Karen's for decades to come...:slamdunk:

Flou

Arbiter
It was an indie darling last year, but dunno. She also wrote on the PS4 Spider Man.

Edit: (If that's the same Kelsey Beachum)

She also wrote for Dying Light 2 according to her LinkedIn account. Obsidian staff number at LinkedIn has risen to 205 and they still have about 18 job openings on their website.

Quillon

Arcane
Fooking hell, just woke up and read both as Outer Worlds and thought the tweet was Jason's for a sec, I was so excited for a shitstorm here damn.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
I have been following this mess that has been going on in comics for a while regarding writers, are these people now migrating to video games now that Hollywood doesn't want them?

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
All entertainment is capsizing, slowly, tectonically, into the soy-estrogen soaked silt. Nothing will escape.

So we are going to get more "Muh representation" and "Stunning and brave"?
How long until gaming gets its own Snowflake and Safespace and Internet gas? (look it up if you don't know what I mean.

For fuck's sake publishers, are you that keen on loosing money?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom