Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Colony Ship Combat Beta Thread

jackofshadows

Magister
Well if you want use that tactic you can just take fast draw for opening turn ap. What I'm saying is 40 additional hp is nice but -55thc for enemies is much better in some cases.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I'd like some kind of F1 quick reference card with icon explanations and keyboard shortcuts ala FO1 if possible.
Like so: https://i.imgur.com/SRcHO8e.png
Every game should have one.
Or maybe you already have an equivalent and I'm not paying attention.

Also, I am also in the camp of people mildly annoyed by the cursive v and w in the font.

Also also, the arena is partially obscured by stuff in the foreground in certain camera positions and that is annoying. Tell the Chief Justice to redecorate the pit.

Shadenuat

Arcane
any plans for playing Initiative, like skip turn but get +to ini or any other initiative reshuffling in combat btw? it looks p one-dimensional for now

Nick

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
I'd like some kind of F1 quick reference card with icon explanations and keyboard shortcuts ala FO1 if possible.

Planned, similar to AoD one.

Also also, the arena is partially obscured by stuff in the foreground in certain camera positions and that is annoying. Tell the Chief Justice to redecorate the pit.

We had this trigger that removes foreground metal bars and other stuff from view, but it didn't work. Fixed for the next build.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
GITS-shield

What? You mean cloacking/camoflage reducing enemy's THC?

Anyway, in full game it all will be different - no problem to assemble build focused on combat, problem is there will be a lot things to do besides that...

Also something is wrong with game's page on Steam - if you click on a game in your steam library, and then click Discussion(s) on that page - you redirected to a "gam's page in steam" instead of game's steam forum. At least it's strange.

Last edited:

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Berserker feat, right?
Yeap, but figured it should display that amount on the graphic as well, right?

Just came across another pretty nasty bug: after killing the burke family I went to loot their corpses and every item disappeared whether I looted it all at once or transferred one by one. Reloaded and the same happened again.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
How long stats penalized in combat - punched someone in the head resulte in -2 Per - for how long?

End of combat.

Yeap, but figured it should display that amount on the graphic as well, right?

Yes, looking for the cause to fix it.

Just came across another pretty nasty bug: after killing the burke family I went to loot their corpses and every item disappeared whether I looted it all at once or transferred one by one. Reloaded and the same happened again.

Auto-sort should fix it, we are looking into it. Do you have a lot of stuff in your inventory?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Autosort did it, thanks! But nope, all I had were bullets and the dermal implant I can't install because I'm low on CON.
Shouldn't one be able to use it on other team members, though? It doesn't matter whom I approach the machine with, it always applies to the main character.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Right now I'm messing with melee char, tryng to cheat game and to squeeze as much traning from enemies as possible and -2 Per here looks promizing, first John Dow missed like 5-6 times in a row. Who-hoo!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Is it just me or is tagging skills (and therefore int as a whole) kind of disappointing? (I realize it's primarily a noncombat stat, but even so)

To justify this, here's the xp required to level up a skill (took this from the game interface, so I don't have all the data, also apologies for formatting):
to reach level exp cumulative xp cumul tagged
2 40 40 26,8
3 110 150 100,5
4 180 330 221,1
5 260 590 395,3
6 380 970 649,9
7 550 1520 1018,4
8 800 2320 1554,4

I totally guessed 6, because this is about the effort level I felt like.
Even so, from this we can see that it's not really until skill level 7 that a tagged character is fully ahead 1 skill level, in that he will be level 8 instead. It's not entirely true, getting a level up faster has value too, buuuuut.
1 point of int gives 1 tagged skill, and one skill level seems to mostly be equivalent to one point in a stat (offensive skills get +5 accuracy, perception gives +5, strength and armor both give +2 armor handling iirc). But stats also give other benefits. So it seems to me that instead of increasing int by one to tag an offensive skill, you might as well just increase perception by one and be better off.

How many fights are in the demo in total?

jackofshadows

Magister
WI5o7cH.png

Either gladiator gives 10% cs instead of 5% or I'm missing something.

Darth Canoli

Arcane

Not sure it's the same fight but i experienced the same thing, looted them all, got out and auto order the inventory brought them all back.

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Right now I'm messing with melee char, tryng to cheat game and to squeeze as much traning from enemies as possible and -2 Per here looks promizing, first John Dow missed like 5-6 times in a row. Who-hoo!

You can't farm enemies for more learning points. The amount you get is fixed, what only changes is the ratio between dodges and armors (or critical strike if you kill them before they attack you).

thesecret1

Arcane
I have some issues with the learn by doing system. If I win an encounter quickly, I am basically penalized for it, since if I instead chose to take some hits to HP and dragged the fight on for longer, I would gain far more EXP. Also, some characters are much more likely to be targeted than others (for example melee ones, shotgunners, etc. as opposed to sharpshooters), meaning those in backlines will have their evasion and armor at shitty levels. Won't that result in a pretty bad case of negative snowballing? Fight where there are only a couple enemies, frontliners eat all the damage, get skilled up. But then a fight with many enemies comes around and backliners will get some flak, and they'll just get immediately pulverized since they'll have evasion 2 while frontliners will have 8.

Am I missing something about the system, or is it really like this? Will the most efficient way to play the game be gaming the system really hard with drawn out fights, deliberately putting backliners to the front, etc.?

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Description of Toothpick suggest it has high penetration, but stats shows nothing - wrong description, not implemented, other?

You can't farm enemies for more learning points. The amount you get is fixed, what only changes is the ratio between dodges and armors (or critical strike if you kill them before they attack you).

Yeah, I noticed that dancing with the bllets not giving much.
But that'a great - munchkin business removed, not being distracted form actual game.

Tigranes

Arcane
Fast Draw on whole party to me seems obvious. I mean, lol, you can at minimum use these ap to activate shields! :shitposting:

In combat beta later builds, you could pre-spend AP while placing your dudes in combat - and that could be used specifically to put up shields.

Prebuffing!

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Fast Draw on whole party to me seems obvious. I mean, lol, you can at minimum use these ap to activate shields! :shitposting:

In combat beta later builds, you could pre-spend AP while placing your dudes in combat - and that could be used specifically to put up shields.

Prebuffing!
You can do that in the current build (at least I can). It's not very intuitive though. You can also reload, change equipment, etc. But it does take AP away from your first turn, and I think if you activate abilities with limited timers you effectively get one turn less, so it's not worthwhile for drugs/limited duration shields.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom