Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex GMDX: Deus Ex Advancement Mod v9 Released!

HansDampf

Arcane
Next level inventory tetris.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Okay, it's up with a new standalone installer. Come try out the new stuff!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/gmdx/addons/version-rsd-beta-10-future-official-update

GMDX vRSD Beta 2.0 changelist
  • The PS20 is no longer listed as variably lethal in the weapon tooltip
  • Removed reload finish sound from Mini-Crossbow to stop overlapping with dart load sound
  • Bullets now penetrate breakable glass
  • Deactivating (or frobbing deactivated) alarm panels shuts off all active camera alarms in an area
  • Fixed Assault Shotgun double-firing with maxed ROF on full-auto after switching ammo types
  • Spy drones on standby are now deactivated before map transition
  • Fixed the player's view getting spun to their previous camera view when the spy drone is destroyed
  • Fixed players being able to resume control of disabled drones when returning to maps after deactivation
  • Fixed incorrect cloak/radar textures on the lockpick and nanokeyring viewmodel
  • Fixed skin colors not updating on all vanilla weapon models and the multitool
  • Removed dangling "Restores" in biocell tooltip
  • Fixed crosshair user toggle being reset when loading a save game with the laser mod or radial menu active (byproduct of earlier fix)
  • Nerfed Blast Energy perk maximum damage falloff reduction on plasma rifle from 50% to 25%
  • Removed projectile flight path dependence on hidden projectile accurate range stat, plus other changes:
    • In vanilla, nearly all projectiles would only start to drop beyond their accurate range (rockets/plasma bolts etc. had extremely high range values)
    • In GMDXv9, some projectiles dropped immediately (rubber bullets), while others (darts, throwing knives) would drop after modified ranges
    • Now all relevant projectiles drop immediately, resulting in a consistent and predictable parabolic trajectory
    • Darts are only affected marginally, while throwing knives require more drop compensation from the player
    • 20mm HE rounds have 20% increased gravity, speed reduced from 1550 units to 1400 units
    • Range mods still increase projectile speed, and hence distance traveled
    • Grenades retain old thrown arc (half gravity on throw, full gravity after 50 ft)
    • Range modifications can now be applied to the pepper gun to increase speed and lifespan of teargas clouds
  • Decline Combat Knives option now always deletes combat knives from looted inventories instead of only doing so 85% of the time
  • Added a new playthrough modifiers system. Press the "Modifiers" button in the character creation menu to enable new gameplay effects
  • Added Crate Randomization playthrough modifier:
    • Crate contents can be swapped for other items if they are located in predefined loot tables
    • Each item in the loot table has a certain chance to drop which is determined by the actual amount of crates containing that item in all of the maps
    • Loot tables are organized into “lots” which group items by relative value and use case so as to not unbalance locational rewards and playstyle support
    • i.e. 7.62mm ammo can get swapped for .30-06 ammo and shotgun shells, but never 10mm ammo
    • Lots: pistol/rifle/nonlethal/anti-robot/heavy/explosive ammo, as well as lockpicks/multitools, wearables, and misc. pickups
    • Crate contents are randomized on first map load only so as to discourage savescumming
  • Added Weapon Mod Randomization playthrough modifier:
    • Same as crates with loot tables governed by in-game distribution, but encompassing weapon mods both in crates and in the world.
    • Lots: handling (accuracy/recoil/range), ammo (clip/reload), ballistics (damage/RoF), attachments (silencer/scope/laser/full-auto)
      • the Silencer in the Hong-Kong shop and the Full-Auto mod in the Paris shop are fixed, guaranteeing at least one of each for purchase
  • Added Aug Canister Scramble playthrough modifier
    • The ordering of aug canisters is scrambled on New Game
    • The total number of each aug canister type in the game is unchanged
  • Standardized the ordering of Drone/ADS and Cloak/Radar choices in aug canisters
  • Removed non-functional "Cancel" button from HDTP Model Toggles menu (Restore Defaults and OK are sufficient)
  • Fixed edge cases around alcohol health manipulation, e.g. where zyme withdrawal while sober could artificially grant the player an extra 5 HP
  • Fixed biocell recharge amount displayed in the log rounding down by one point
  • Fixed "(NPC name)" missing from the frob display window when killing unconscious NPCs, e.g. "Unconscious (UNATCO troop)" -> "Dead Body"
  • Fixed animal carcasses getting mislabled as "Dead Body" instead of "Animal Carcass" when kiling from unconscious
  • MIB/WIB corpses now explode when killed from unconscious if the Persistent Corpses option is disabled (forced on in Hardcore)
  • Fixed Health status screen displaying a speed penalty even if it was cancelled by the Perserverance perk
  • Fixed Health status screen not displaying accuracy penalties due to alcohol withdrawal
  • Fixed Health status screen not automatically updating torso max health from alcohol buff/zyme debuff
  • Fixed Health status screen average health not correcting for head/torso max health from Medicine skill/alcohol buff/zyme debuff
  • Fixed log window appearing behind inventory windows due to new or delayed log messages with Real-Time UI enabled, now waits for inventory window close
  • Re-added minor crash protection code which was accidentally deleted during the radial menu port
  • Added exact ranges to Aggressive Defense System description
  • Added exact damage bonuses to Combat Strength description
  • Renamed Pan2 from "Pot" to "Saucepan" and Pan3 from "Frying Pan" to "Saucepan"
  • Fixed "DEFAULT WEAPON NAME" when using Targeting aug tech 2 to gather weapon data on enemies with built-in attacks (melee, rockets, etc.)
  • Moved the addiction system to a playthrough modifier (disabled by default)
    • With the option disabled, cigarettes deal 2 damage, alcohol heals 2 HP, and zyme and alcohol shake the player's view again
    • Restricted Metabolism once again stops the player from consuming alcohol when full, except when the addiction system is active
    • The GMDX v9 pedometer returns in the health status screen except when the addiction system is enabled
  • Changed the Assault Gun's firing operation from 5-round burst to 3-round burst
    • This is a buff to fire rate, as the burst timings overlap slightly
    • Slightly decreased the effectiveness of ROF mods to compensate and ensure animation stability
    • Decreased base magazine capacity from 35 to 33 and reverted each clip size mod from +5 to +3
    • Decreased 7.62mm magazine pickup ammount from 35 to 33
  • Fixed crosshair flickering on after hitmarkers when disabled by laser sight or user option, also an edge case changing the user option
  • Hitmarker color is now always white when using laser sights, since IFF is otherwise disabled (also helps with seeing red laser dot)
  • Fixed conversation bug allowing players to repeatedly increase their augmentation upgrade canister count even with a full inventory
  • Fixed GEP fly-by-wire control not matching the player's Invert Y-axis setting
  • Added the ability to rotate items in the inventory by pressing the Spacebar while dragging them
    • To swap two items of equal size, rotate the source item to the same orientation as the target item
    • Note that alt-tabbing breaks keyboard inputs in game menus -- to fix, press the "Exit" button and bring up the main menu
    • Some bugs may occur when swapping/dropping/combining items, or during map transition. Please report any issues you find!
  • Added an blue indicator to show where the target item will go when swapping items of equal size
  • Added a keybind for Hold Augmentation Wheel. Note that it must be a standard key or mouse button, not something too modern like mouse 5
  • Fixed loot window displaying the wrong amount of ammo picked up from bodies when the user is near full
  • Fixed script log errors:
    • Generalized stamina drain rework
    • Reworked breath scaling underwater
    • Augmentation menu displaying added GMDX v9 aug slot
    • HDTP weapon rotation fix
    • HDTP NPC flamethrower fire offset fix
    • Melee attack speed tooltip with Combat Speed
  • Increased NSF basement security terminal hacking requirement from Trained back to Advanced
    • 01_NYC_UNATCOHQ
    • 02_NYC_Hotel
    • 14_OceanLab_Lab
    • 09_NYC_Ship
  • Fixed reverted MJ12 Troop corpse assignments on the following maps:
    • 12_Vandenberg_Cmd
    • 13_Oceanlab_Silo
    • 14_Vandenberg_Sub
    • 15_Area51_Entrance
  • Reduced hacking requirements on several plot-critical computers
    • OceanLab UC
    • Missile Silo launch
  • Fixed non-functional shower faucets on the PCRS Wall Cloud upper decks and fixed their alignment
  • Renamed "Unlocks the Security area access panel" nanokey description to "Security Area Access Panel key" in PCRS Wall Cloud upper decks
  • Fixed Flight Control Deck 1 inside door button opening a vent grating in the barracks instead of the adjacent door
  • Removed illogical event trigger from MJ12 Prison Nanotech Lab alarm to release Greasels from containment (now activate manually with button/computer as vanilla)
  • Swapped the third ADS/Spy Drone canister in the DuClare Chateau for a third Speed Enhancement/Run Silent augmentation canister
  • Added a box of rubber bullets to the UNATCO armory on the first visit
  • Added a button to the Ocean Lab to prevent a softlock
  • Fixed Area 51 Sector 3 door at the end of the Gray jumpscare hallway appearing to be interactable
  • Fixed Area 51 Sector 3 door leading to waste pool not responding to melee attacks
  • Removed all miniplasma bots from Area 51 Bunker ground level on non-Hardcore difficulty
  • Corpses no longer spawn flies in sterile environments and underground bunkers
    • Maps: UNATCO, MJ12 labs, 747, Versalife, Canal Road, Shipyard interior, Catacombs, Everett's, Vandenberg tunnels/comms, Ocean Lab, Area 51
  • Fixed the UNATCO security bot on the Liberty Island dock turning against you if it sees the NSF security bot attacking you (the two now fight)
  • Added more shotgun shells to mid-late game areas (+30), some replacing excess boxes of Sabot next to one another on the same map (-24)
  • Added more pistol bullets to Hong Kong (+10) and Paris (+15)
  • Removed a 7.62mm clip and a napalm canister from a secret location in Hong Kong
  • Removed 5 throwing knives from Paris Cathedral
  • Rebalanced door strengths and removed one Hazmat Suit from MJ12 Versalife labs locker room
  • Telegraphed goodies behind descructible walls in the Catacombs more clearly
  • Removed some barrels in the Catacombs room with the broken electrical junction that made mantling too easy
  • Replaced miniplasma security bots in the Paris metro station with standard security rollers
  • Made the Rooks women unfazed by signs of distress so a junkie fleeing from the death of the zyme dealer doesn't set the whole gang after the player
  • Made the bouncers in the Club de la Porte de L'Enfer hostile if the player brandishes weapons like they warn
  • Renamed "Osgood" key to Osgood and Sons front door key as in vanilla (key moved from NSF inventory to world)

EDIT: There was a critical bug in the original upload. I fixed it and reuploaded the installer.
EDIT2: Another bug or two. Skimping on polish is bad! Reuploaded again

Last edited:

RoSoDude

Arcane
Deploying another hotfix. Mostly just minor bug squashing, but a few balance changes too. The mod seems rather stable at the moment, so assuming everything goes smoothly I will be diverting my attention to a Prey: Mooncrash balance overhaul for a while, as well as catching up on my gaming backlog. Wash your hands and avoid the Gray Death, everyone.

https://mega.nz/#!rbJ0kIJJ!5pwhAW_ElR11HevC9volzTWdL1WEsrLNpCBYpHZScMw

GMDX vRSD Beta 2.1 changelist
  • Fixed corpse fly changes only applying to animal carcasses (doy)
  • Fixed decimal damage increases not displaying in weapon tooltips as intended
  • Fixed expanded secondary items (flares, binoculars, tech goggles, medkits/biocells) not resetting when dropped/used up
  • Fixed projectile gravity rework nerfing NPCs firing crossbow darts
  • Decreased player dart gravity from 50% to 45%
  • Reverted a "fix" that gave diminishing fall protection from Run Silent due to a misinterpretation of code, now again on par with Speed Enhancement
  • Fixed datacube referencing Energy Transference aug (now replaced by Ammo Capacity)
  • Fixed Regeneration aug not deactivating properly when at full health due to average health now properly accounting for additive bonuses
  • New decimal damage variation now only applies to enemies to avoid edge cases with damage thresholds
  • Fixed close-range tracers so zoomed weapons still consistently produce water splashing
  • Removed stray rectangular texture in skills window with HUD translucency enabled
  • Added a failsafe to ensure patrolling MJ12 Elites do not cloak on game load
  • Added a failsafe to ensure weapons retain the proper inventory icon when at default rotation
  • Fixed weapon tooltip implying ROF mods decreased weapon ROF
  • Fixed weapon tooltips truncating base value in decimal rounding (e.g. 0.99 rounded to 1.0 displaying as 0.0)
  • Fixed sniper rifle viewmodel acquiring the wrong textures when transitioning from FOMOD Beta -> vanilla
  • Fixed script log errors:
    • Aug Canister Scramble debug logspam
    • Difficulty modifier logspam
    • GMDX fixes and balance changes for items transferred in conversation
    • Secondary item quickdraw finish when out of ammo
    • Secondary item equip tooltip
    • Belt HUD ammo text for grenades
    • New repairbot window
    • Corpse fly spawn check
    • Corpse name fix
    • Pistol/Sniper Rifle HDTP toggle during reload anims
  • Increased base 10mm ammo capacity from 40 to 50
  • Disabled secondary item usage when carrying physics objects (e.g. crates)
  • Decreased Sam Carter's 7.62mm ammo given for showing restraint in Castle Clinton from 64 to 60 (2 clips)
  • Reworked Weapon Mod Randomization, all weapon mods now in the same pool to increase variance and discourage scumming for specific mods
  • Changed cigarettes max copies from 10 -> 5 to make management more involved
  • Sniper Rifle base damage reduced from 28 to 25 (vanilla), as it was simply too potent as an alternative lockpick
  • Super MIB health on Hardcore reduced from 850 -> 800 so two Master-level sniper rifle headshots are still enough to kill
  • Removed targeting info (crosshair IFF, accuracy reticles, targeting aug window) when aiming at cloaked enemies without infravision
  • On Hardcore difficulty, the last wearable in a stack is now deleted upon depletion as in v9
  • Nicotine withdrawal now reduces stamina regeneration by 50% only, no effect on running stamina drain
  • Alcohol withdrawal now reduces accuracy by 20% instead of 15%
  • Reverted Military Bot rocket damage (240->100) and blast radius (24ft->15ft) nerfs on Hardcore difficulty
  • Removed Assault Gun underbarrel EMP attack from enemies except on Hardcore difficulty

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
GMDX stats three years on:

gmdxstats.png

Over 100,000 downloads, still getting up to over 100 downloads daily. Thanks to all bros that play and spread the word. these are really good stats for a one man show. Of course the mod deserves it, but I appreciate you all nonetheless.

If you want more Ash incline, be sure to check out my next project Unreal Evolution: https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-evolution which is now complete. It's incline in the same vein as gmdx I assure you, just not as extensive.

Where to go from here? We shall see. I may quit, I may make my own game, or I may mod another classic. One thing you can be sure of: if I do do something it will be incline.

grimace

Arcane
GMDX stats three years on:

Over 100,000 downloads, still getting up to over 100 downloads daily. Thanks to all bros that play and spread the word. these are really good stats for a one man show. Of course the mod deserves it, but I appreciate you all nonetheless.

If you want more Ash incline, be sure to check out my next project Unreal Evolution: https://www.moddb.com/mods/unreal-evolution which is now complete. It's incline in the same vein as gmdx I assure you, just not as extensive.

Where to go from here? We shall see. I may quit, I may make my own game, or I may mod another classic. One thing you can be sure of: if I do do something it will be incline.

Will there be a definitive GMDX download package?

The combined effforts of Ash and RoSoDude in one archived package?

Ash

Arcane
I don't know. You tell me. Does RoSoDude's add-on deserve it? Does it improve upon v9.0.3 without notable downsides? I chose RoSoDude to carry the torch for a reason, but I haven't been following too closely between working on my latest project and getting my life in better order. I was also pretty happy with the state of v9.0.3 but am certainly open to more incline being possible. I really like the laser mechanics, inventory rotation and more. Some other features I may not see eye to eye, but of all the people I interacted with extensively RoSoDude seemed to get it the most or have the sense to make the right decision.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
v9.0.3 or vRSD Beta 2.1

Launch the mod and check the menu. It displays your current version.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Downloaded this the other day, and for some reason directX 10 stutters like hell for me. Directx 9 runs well, but in that mode everything is almost pitch black. Is there a fix for this?

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Interesting I wasn't familiar with Helios Textures I'll have to give it a go to see what they changed from New Vision. (RIP my New Vision Holy Smokes Texture though seems the dev replaced that one Q_Q).

Also I should say thanks to Ash and RoSoDude because these mods have been amazing to play.

Ash

Arcane
Holy smokes is still present if I recall, I think on a billboard in the Warehouse district map. Every other instance it was replaced for faithfulness as the texture had nothing to do with its original counterpart, but I kept one instance of your texture for variety in advertisements because it certainly wasn't bad. Codex bro KlauZ made the replacement.

This is if I recall everything correctly. Been a while.

Are you the New Vision dev or a minor contributor? Either way, thanks to you too for New Vision.

Also you bros of prestige need to play my next project! Here's the codex thread for it: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/unreal-evolution-mod-now-released.126477/

Last edited:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
Even just posting on the RPG Codex can be used against you in today's intolerant, toxic climate.

The few developers on here though did alright so I don't think its that bad. Also most of those who would hold it against me probably already did anyway. It was never going to be that easy or that clean to be an indie.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Even just posting on the RPG Codex can be used against you in today's intolerant, toxic climate.

The few developers on here though did alright so I don't think its that bad. Also most of those who would hold it against me probably already did anyway. It was never going to be that easy or that clean to be an indie.
We’ve got everything from Nazis to chicks with dicks. Hew close to the mean and you’re in safe territory, skew more towards the fringe and you either end up on a fed’s list or in a local BDSM circular.

Either way, welcome!

raz3r

Novice
I started a new playthrough on version 9, holy moly this mod is so great, just saved Paul, on my way to HK now.

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
I started a new playthrough on version 9, holy moly this mod is so great, just saved Paul, on my way to HK now.
Once you finish v9 you need to try the RSD version as well. The RSD version was a vastly different beast. The UI improvements are the biggest take away as they do impact on how you play the game.

I don't recommend RSD's randomizer though. Its underwhelming compared to Shifter's randomizer which was just batshit crazy. I like my curve balls and the RSD randomizer played it a little too safe for my liking. That said, Randomizer with GMDX's difficulty is insane and it still does a good job at keeping you on your toes. But I like my craziness of getting Swords on Liberty Island more. I appreciate that the Randomizer is still in the development as it felt as if half of it wasn't working as intended kept getting the same mods all the time.

RoSoDude

Arcane
Once you finish v9 you need to try the RSD version as well. The RSD version was a vastly different beast. The UI improvements are the biggest take away as they do impact on how you play the game.

I don't recommend RSD's randomizer though. Its underwhelming compared to Shifter's randomizer which was just batshit crazy. I like my curve balls and the RSD randomizer played it a little too safe for my liking. That said, Randomizer with GMDX's difficulty is insane and it still does a good job at keeping you on your toes. But I like my craziness of getting Swords on Liberty Island more. I appreciate that the Randomizer is still in the development as it felt as if half of it wasn't working as intended kept getting the same mods all the time.

Appreciate the endorsement. And yeah, I've made the terrifying discovery that my favorite part of modding is actually UI coding.

As for the randomizer, it's true that I stayed intentionally conservative, since I don't like really crazy ones and liked the idea of a reasonably balanced one to just add a bit of variety. I'm open to suggestions in that vein though, and I'll also note that I scrupulously revamped the weapon mod distribution for the next update in the base mod, which carries over to the randomizer for it, as both were overly skewed towards certain mods as you've obviously noticed.

Last edited:

raz3r

Novice
I've been listening to the Conspiravision remix, you should contact Alexander Brandon and integrate the new OST with GMDX as an option. By the way, is there any chance this mod will come to Steam/GOG eventually? I mean Revision is there and this is not, it's such a shame...

raz3r

Novice
I mean Revision is there and this is not, it's such a shame...
Revision is mostly about SHINY GRAPHICS and this one is about the actual gameplay. Guess which will sell more.
To be honest, there isn't THAT much difference between GMDX and Revision if we're strictly talking about graphics. Perhaps it's the new design of the levels that makes it seems like it's a big overhaul but it ain't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom