Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's got a Steam page now, which means it deserves its own thread.

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/1139940/view/3503180470698761105

Trudograd releases into Early Access on the 11th of May

ef8d137d28df3e965db20da6ebbcebdbef98e0a2.png

Greetings and salutations, friends!

Today we are finally ready to name the release date of our next game. Atom RPG: Trudograd is coming out into Early Access on May 11th 2020.

Previously, Early Access became the most important tool in our arsenal. Because of your feedback, advice and general ideas, Atom RPG became a game many enjoyed. From bug fixing, to new details, weapons, quests and even visual solutions like the isometric camera mode, we owe it all to you, the players.

We hope that you will contribute your feedback this time around as well. Only our cooperation with you can make Trudograd a truly great experience.

Though there is a lot of work ahead of us, this time the first Early Access version will be much more developed than the last. It will feature five large locations, 100+ characters, several dozens of quests, including the starting ones of the central plot line, new weapons, new items, new abilities and a new type of visual quests.
We will also add updates every few months, so there will be more for you to explore.

We really hope that you will enjoy what we prepared for you. See you on May 11th!

We hope you are all doing well. Take care of yourselves. And, of course… let there be ATOM! :)

Yours, Atom Team

4b33c6b5f6de601c8b469696f4fd5c10e7e62dc1.png

Last edited:

Ray

Literate
I'm a bit saddened they decide to make a completely new standalone instead of a DLC. But the devs did say we are going to be able to import our characters after the ending boss battle. Of course there is no way of knowing if that means we are going to keep all of our stats and or items.

rbNAo2h.png

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Wow. I didn't even know this thread existed! Okay then, from now on I'm posting Trudograd related stuff here first! Thanks for making it!

I'm a bit saddened they decide to make a completely new standalone instead of a DLC. But the devs did say we are going to be able to import our characters after the ending boss battle. Of course there is no way of knowing if that means we are going to keep all of our stats and or items.

rbNAo2h.png
There is a way to know! I can just tell you! You're gonna keep the same build and stats, but since it's doubtful that old builds would be as good as they were in Atom due to skill tree changes and distinction changes, there will be a guy somewhere nearby that will give you a respec potion, so you can rebuild your character. It's kinda lame I know, but the new balancing we'll eventually have will be worth it!!!!

finally turdogard is cumming :bounce:
Yes!
My wallet is ready!!11!1!!
Thank you!
Atomboy Upload trailer to YouTube
YOU MEAN LIKE THIS?

Thanks again, guys. It's gonna be a few hellish weeks of crunch but it will most likely be worth the wait (if things take a left turnip, we'll patch up soon) See you in a beet.

Ray

Literate
Oh, well that is great to know. What about inventory then? Oh, and do we really get the power armor this time around? And will we be able to explore Atoms bunker and interact with the people there?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Oh, well that is great to know. What about inventory then? Oh, and do we really get the power armor this time around? And will we be able to explore Atoms bunker and interact with the people there?
Inventory will be grid based, like a giant grid with blocks for your items. At least now it's like this. Very standard for games made 10 years ago! There will be Power Armor, though not in the first few Early Access iterations, we're keeping it for midgame. You'll spend the game in Trudograd which is a huge city very far away from Atom base, but you will get a radio to talk to the people back home, just like Solid Snake did, just not that cool.
Atomboy,

I did not post in our main thread, because I dont read threads or reviews on rpgs I am discovering and playing for the first or second time. But I need to tell you that this is my favorite rpg for the last 5 years or more. Thanks, man. I dont know if you are the dev, but thanks.
Thank you for your words dude! I'm 1/2 of the writer/translator/game planner duo,
so basically in charge of the most questionable stuff in the game.
so it really means a lot for me that you enjoyed it! :D

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm actually glad Alexander Stepanenko dubbed the intro again; he's become.. the voice I expect in highly ambitious but great slavjank games. Hearing him in Sea Dogs: To Each His Own and ATOM has cemented him as "the voice artist for games from the indie gamedev scene in former Soviet states" for me.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is a decline,i was expecting the whole game in may :(! Now i have wait a whole half a year more!

All the more time to do another run through ATOM RPG, friend.
I am curious if it is different from the release version. Sadly i do have pretty good memory when it comes to games and remember it pretty clearly :). Replaying it now will be like going trough the motions.

But I need to tell you that this is my favorite rpg for the last 5 years or more.
Yeah,it is pretty good shit,i even ended up buying it. It was quite the dillema between this and a bottle of Cognac.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Thank you for your words dude! I'm 1/2 of the writer/translator/game planner duo,
:salute:
The writing really stood out for me,do love a nice clear and natural dialogue with profanity and vulgarity when needed. Do hope you keep up the good work and don't decide to dial back on that stuff,it makes the characters feel a lot more realistic.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I'm actually glad Alexander Stepanenko dubbed the intro again; he's become.. the voice I expect in highly ambitious but great slavjank games. Hearing him in Sea Dogs: To Each His Own and ATOM has cemented him as "the voice artist for games from the indie gamedev scene in former Soviet states" for me.
That man is a legend of sorts! We only ask him to record for the parts that matter the most.
:salute:
The writing really stood out for me,do love a nice clear and natural dialogue with profanity and vulgarity when needed. Do hope you keep up the good work and don't decide to dial back on that stuff,it makes the characters feel a lot more realistic.
That makes me and my writing buddy really happy! Thanks!

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Three more days!
4GteLd1.png

Just three more days until you'll be able to talk to these three for a chance to win a moldy chocolate bar with my baby picture poorly pasted on it. Crunching real hard! Getting rid of various bugs, doing last moment changes, the works!

xuerebx

Erudite
Looking forward to this.. sequel (?)! Really loved Atom RPG, went into it without any expectations and was pleasantly surprised with a modern isometric Fallout-ish game.

AlsGaming

Novice
Haven't played much ATOM since the full release, so playing in the new area with all the new features and improvements that have been added between then and now is going to be even more fun. :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom