Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

XCOM: Chimera Squad - humans and aliens team up

Tytus

Arcane
Say what you want about the game, but with practically no marketing effort on Firaxis's part the game is likely to sell well through the power of snek tiddies. Someone over there is going to get a pay rise.

They surely know what are they doing.

I mean:

6m9uuz0p3lt41.png

e60.png

vcjzs91nxft41.png

11f76e3ee11f6e776f09515dacbd563b19dd72ca.jpg

v4ace7ejw8t41.png

eiizdfkhedt41.png

4bvt7tjq97t41.png

theyknow.png

q1RDTYp.png

uiduvk99mss41.png

EV46ycQUwAEpF1u

93991544_1198376577160187_6319794121204563968_o.jpg

They knew what they were doing.

Last edited by a moderator:

eXalted

Arcane
So, an Xcom without the emergent narrative in your head part. At
least it's only $10 right now.

XPiratez has me now. Can't believe this is mod by one person only.

Mazisky

Magister
So, an Xcom without the emergent narrative in your head part. At
least it's only $10 right now.

XPiratez has me now. Can't believe this is mod by one person only.

This Chimera Squad stays at Xcom 2 like Thronebreaker stays at the Witcher 3.

lightbane

Arcane
I like how not only how hideously ugly is the last character trailer, but the guy is pretty much brainwashed/convinced to fight for the Chimera Squad in no uncertain terms. But it is totally fine guys, he joined the good guys (even if he had no choice in the matter), this is not a subtle ADVENT's police state propaganda, totes. :lol::lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Watch the Agent Profile for Patchwork, one of the playable Agents in XCOM: Chimera Squad. Subscribe to the XCOM channel for more gameplay videos and upcoming profiles on new agents: http://2kgam.es/XCOMYT

Patchwork lost her entire family during the invasion and suffered three traumatic amputations. She ended up in an ADVENT orphanage, where she was fitted with prosthetic limbs and trotted out as propaganda, proof of the aliens’ benevolence. Brilliantly intelligent, her aptitude with technology was rivaled only by her curiosity. After discovering evidence of ADVENT atrocities, she engineered her own rescue by XCOM and joined their cause.

Patchwork’s specialty is all-caps TECH. She is a valuable combatant against robotic enemies, a master hacker of security systems, and an expert in the strategic application of deadly electric shocks.

These backstories sure are getting more slight. Her's is: I got robot limbs.

This also might make her the lamest take on RoboCop there's ever been. You'd think if you were going with the idea of making everyone a unique personality the idea would be to make everyone interesting.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

Watch the Agent Profile for Patchwork, one of the playable Agents in XCOM: Chimera Squad. Subscribe to the XCOM channel for more gameplay videos and upcoming profiles on new agents: http://2kgam.es/XCOMYT

Patchwork lost her entire family during the invasion and suffered three traumatic amputations. She ended up in an ADVENT orphanage, where she was fitted with prosthetic limbs and trotted out as propaganda, proof of the aliens’ benevolence. Brilliantly intelligent, her aptitude with technology was rivaled only by her curiosity. After discovering evidence of ADVENT atrocities, she engineered her own rescue by XCOM and joined their cause.

Patchwork’s specialty is all-caps TECH. She is a valuable combatant against robotic enemies, a master hacker of security systems, and an expert in the strategic application of deadly electric shocks.

Wait, if she lost her entire family to the aliens and was made a cripple by them, why is she working with aliens? Shouldn't she have massive chip on her shoulder? What is this writing?

Re(ee) Snake Girls :
I blame monster musume. That had a snake girl...except she was human above the waist so it was almost fine. This though is scaley territory. Which is basically furry except with reptiles and therefore extra heresy

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Wait, if she lost her entire family to the aliens and was made a cripple by them, why is she working with aliens? Shouldn't she have massive chip on her shoulder? What is this writing?

OK I hate to ruin the parade but this isn't as great an argument as people think. If she's on the Chimera Squad, she must be the kind of person who doesn't hold grudges. There might be hundreds of millions of people whose families were killed by the aliens, but the Chimera Squad only needs to select from the ones willing to let it go.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

OK I hate to ruin the parade but this isn't as great an argument as people think. If she's on the Chimera Squad, she must be the kind of person who doesn't hold grudges. There might be hundreds of millions of people whose families were killed by the aliens, but the Chimera Squad only needs to select from the ones willing to let it go.

Who wouldn't hold a grudge against them?
She lost her entire family and lost her limbs to them. I find not having some level of grievance towards the invaders to be highly improbable and unrealistic. This was 5 years ago too. That is way too short of an amount of time to simply get over it.
I understand where you're coming from, and logically yes, if one is on a task force such as the chimera squad then one would expect its members to be tolerant. The problem though is that someone with her past shouldn't be that tolerant because of the gravity of what was done to her.

Saduj

Arcane

I could buy that kind of story for a social worker but this is someone who is also supposed to be highly effective in combat. She forgives her family's murderers but has no problem killing people who are motivated by the exact kind of tragedy she herself has experienced? The only way such a character works for me is as a psychopath who is doing her best work her way up the ranks of what she expects to be the winning side of the conflict.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut

ayo hol' up
how did she go from an orphanage to being a secret supersoldier leet hacker in the span of 5 years? was this an orphanage for adults or something?
ADVENT wasn't in the first nu-xcom, right? So that places her backstory after that.

Trash Player

Scholar

Who wouldn't hold a grudge against them?
She lost her entire family and lost her limbs to them. I find not having some level of grievance towards the invaders to be highly improbable and unrealistic. This was 5 years ago too. That is way too short of an amount of time to simply get over it.
I understand where you're coming from, and logically yes, if one is on a task force such as the chimera squad then one would expect its members to be tolerant. The problem though is that someone with her past shouldn't be that tolerant because of the gravity of what was done to her.
Well, the trailer doesn't really specify how she got maimed, just during the invasion. It can even be a freak accident.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Watch the Agent Profile for Shelter, one of the playable Agents in XCOM: Chimera Squad. Subscribe to the XCOM channel for more gameplay videos and upcoming profiles on new agents: http://2kgam.es/XCOMYT

Shelter was separated from his family during the invasion, then processed into a resettlement camp. When he started showing signs of psionic aptitude, he was shipped off to an ADVENT research facility for human-born psions. ADVENT forced him to use his abilities to harm others, and he ultimately fled their control.

Now part of XCOM’s Chimera Squad, Shelter prefers to use his psionic powers defensively. He buffs his allies, relocates both friend and foe, and can even create a psionic clone with those same abilities.

Mazisky

Magister
I had an interesting thought: do you remember before the Xcom 2 announce, all that marketing stuff with mysterious website about abductions, etc? It lasted a couple of months before they finally announced Xcom2.

I think this game may be just marketing stuff for the Xcom 3 announce.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More and more I feel we are going to play the bad dudes (which actually makes this title much more interesting).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom