Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Empary

Scholar

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Underrated RPG with a great soundtrack.

One of the best tracks I've heard in a video game.

Very Bond-esque and so immersive for the first real tutorial mission of Hitman 2016 - makes you explore the level more and more. While I really enjoyed Jesper Kyd's soundtrack of Hitman 2, Exploration theme gets repetitive - this one does not as it is ambient enough that you feel great exploring this huge level.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
I've been listening to old Sierra & other classic DOS era General Midi game soundtracks using the Arachno soundfont. Sounds nice though I wish there was a soundfont I could use with VirtualMidiSynth that duplicated the original Sound Canvas family exactly just to hear how they were intended to sound by the composers.

Thorakitai

Learned
The music for the upcoming Brigandine: Legend of Runersia is great.

The composer is Tenpai Sato, the guy who made music for the Disgaea series and also much earlier created the soundtrack for Brigandine: Grand Edition.

Personal Favorites

Thorakitai

Learned
Gotta post more Brigandine, each country has their own unique battle theme and they are awesome. Here are the ones so far recorded by a fan during gameplay.

Citizen

209490.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom