Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

dehimos

Augur
Is there anyway to find out who the caravan was arranged with? :lol: It never even crossed my mind to make note of that, but I fucked up

See I went back to the same guy when it happening in my run, had to shell out another 18000.... unless I missed something.

In the Clan view, check the place of each companion, one should not be in the same place. It is also useful to look at the encyclopedia.

ZM2yixh.png

And to bring a non-prisoner partner back into the party:

FWpXDIt.png

Peachcurl

Cipher
I'm getting fucked into the dirt by food shortages at garrisons. Is there really no way to simply give them food? I have plenty of cash.

Am I missing something?

I have no good answer to that, other than (obviously) building the food-related extensions in the castle management, and running irrigation as default task afterwards. Anyone know whether adding some reserve money to castle management improves default tasks as well? Probably not, since it supposedly only affects "build time", and they have none. But it would be kind of nice.

But I have something you could try (and report back if it works): sell food to the attached villages, or put food in the castle stash? Wait a few days to see whether this changes anything in the long run. Maybe villagers have to carry that stuff from the villages to the castle... ?

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Now that I've build the Granary up to lvl3 and I'm working on the Gardens, the issue is slowly improving. The local villages are well stocked, but it's hard to keep them safe because Rhageae has started war with 4 factions, 3 of which are on our direct borders. My most effected Castle is right on the border with a warring faction too, so that's got to be a big factor.

It still seems fucking crazy to me that I can't just provide food directly in times of crisis

Andnjord

Arcane
Some questions and random thoughts.

-Am I correct in assuming the AI clans are completely static at the moment? As in if a clan starts at level 3 with two members it will stay that way forever? They will never go up a level or expand their numbers, even if you were to donate them cities and fiefs?

-There is currently no way to obtain new vassals except by turning over existing lords to your side. I really wish there was the options let one of your companions create his own clan, which would be absolutely glorious if the AI clans were dynamic, that way that random wanderer you picked up at the start that accompanied you in your adventures for years on end would become a lord in his own right and inevitably backstab you once you've both become fat and complacent from all the loot and riches.

-Are training fields in cities really working as intended at the moment? I dumped some 40-odd recruits into a castle with training field lvl3 and after about 5 in game years maybe 15 of those recruits have reached tier 2 only. The only reliable use I've found for them is to use them to promote bandit unit without having the disciplinarian trait myself (wait for a full group to have enough XP to level up, put them into the garrison and come back the next day for your new fresh noble troops).

-Overall, everything up to kingdom management is rough but freaking glorious! After restarting from a Vlandian start, I went with a sturgian thinking "imma gonna make myself a Viking shield wall". After traveling for a while building up my renown I ended in Kuzhait land and realised how awesome horse archers are in this game so transitioned into full on horse lord mode. Declared allegiance to the Khan but I couldn't get myself a fief (even spending influence to change fief's hand never worked) until I charmed a guy from the southern empire to switch sides upon which EVERYONE was perfectly happy to transfer his city and castle to me.
Eventually declared independence and currently finishing off the last of the Empire factions (only the northern empire is left with a single castle up north) but it's been rough going mainly because of my shortage of vassals. Rolling around with a royal guard made up of 80 horse archers, 60 melee cav, 100 inf and about 60 archers, wars have still been tricky as the empire factions even when down to their last few fiefs had so many lords they could overwhelm my few vassals.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
You guys know you can just sell a fuckton of food to prevent starvation right? Caravans stealing it is an issue, but not a huge one unless there's a TON of them, since caravans only take like 100 units of something at once. Dump 2000 grain on a city and it'll last a few days at least. Doesn't even cost that much if you're getting the grain really cheaply. Mostly just annoying having to ride around and pick it all up. You could keep a bunch in your stash too to transfer in an emergency. I think the conversion is something like 20 units of grain = one unit of 'food' for a city. You can check the consumption rate and compare it to the +food tooltip and grain for sale to figure out the ratios.

But in the long run, to be self sufficient, you just need more productive villages, especially grain and fish. And not just the local ones, but anything near enough for caravans to be using since they'll equalize the shitstorm to some extent.

Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
-Are training fields in cities really working as intended at the moment? I dumped some 40-odd recruits into a castle with training field lvl3 and after about 5 in game years maybe 15 of those recruits have reached tier 2 only. The only reliable use I've found for them is to use them to promote bandit unit without having the disciplinarian trait myself (wait for a full group to have enough XP to level up, put them into the garrison and come back the next day for your new fresh noble troops).

I think I saw that it gives like 1,2,3 experience depending on level, or something incredibly low like that. I think the Tweaks mod might give more.

Andnjord

Arcane
https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/255?tab=description

From looking at this mod I understand why the training grounds are so useless currently in the vanilla game. It gives 1-3 xp per day to the entire group instead of to each soldier, meaning that a stack of 20 recruits would gain 1-3 xp per day, but 20 stacks of 1 recruit would each gain that xp, essentially generating 20-60 xp per day. Same thing with the leadership perk.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Heh. I wanted to craft myself some nice javelins for training the throwing skill a bit. Turns out, crafting those javelins increases my smithing skill by _several_ points each time I do it. They also sell for 64 thousand calradian dollars. And this does not even require the most expensive steel type.

That's so unbalanced I'd rate it an exploit, especially with the reduced smithing limitations from the tweaks mod. (without that, the skill points are kinda fine but the price would still be OP)

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Beta 1.2 seems to be making very good use of all of my new r9 3900x's cores, interesting. Runs really well, too, except for a bit of a short slowdown when transitioning scenes and such.

RAM use varies... Sometimes it's sub 8gigs, sometimes 10gigs. Still notably above what they claim it should be. Still not making much use of VRAM.

Had a problem with screen space reflections though (I think it's that, steam forums seem to think so too, but who knows). Sometimes when striking someone with a spear when mounted, the characters, trees etc become obscured with black rectangles. Annoying. Hasn't happened since I turned ssr off.

Much worse though:

The a.i. is... Frustrating.

My own guys literally will not raise their shields to protect themselves form missiles unless I tell them to form a shieldwall... Cavalry too... But if I tell me cav to form a shieldwall and then advance, they only use their swords (which they can't hit shit with 90 percent of the time lol) and just ride into the enemy and stay there. Great.

Infantry in shieldwall formation tends to stay in formation and attack on a per-soldier basis. Not too bad, but that also means that individual dudes can get swarmed hard. The entire formation will also still turn to face a longe enemy rider, ignoring the massive infantry blob crashing into them for the most part :/

The pre-battle deployment perk seems to be non-functional (sigh) and my guys never start in a sensible formation/spacing etc. Fucking hell.

Trust your elite troops to get hit over and over like chumps against random looters, too.

I really wish they'd work on this, even if it means cutting battle size in half.
Having to do your basic formation shit over and fucking over every single battle gets old, and goddamn do you have to baby sit the infantry unless you just don't care about losses/outnumber the enemy.

Does anybody know if combat a.i. difficulty affects friendly troops as well?

Last edited:

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
Training fields work great (with the tweaks mod anyway). I have 2 castles and a town all next to each other and I dumped like 200 recruits and misc mid level troops in each to cook. I return every once in a while and harvest several max level troops from each.

Aemar

Arcane
Patch Notes e1.1.2 & Beta Hotfix
18b06964ae3f623cfd8c56d24ee10f1844560959.png

Main

Versions
Native: e1.1.0
SandboxCore: e1.1.2
Sandbox: e1.1.2
Storymode: e1.1.2
CustomBattle: e1.1.2

• AI is more likely to block when equipped with a shield. Common troops now generally have higher weapon skills.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when the player was a faction ruler and ended a contract with a mercenary or minor faction and refused to settle their debt.
  • Pregnancy chance has been lowered.
  • An AI bug that reduced performance is fixed.
  • Agents no longer block ally attacks in the shield wall formation.
  • Multiplayer client crash fixed.
Beta

Versions
Native: e1.2.0
SandboxCore: e1.2.0
Sandbox: e1.2.0
Storymode: e1.2.0
CustomBattle: e1.2.0

• All changes mentioned above.
  • Fixed a bug that caused extra guards to spawn when entering a lord’s hall more than once.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
2A5Heti.jpg

:what:

I accepted obviously - Fian Champions are ridiculously good. I'm pretty sure they pull out sniper rifles when I'm not looking.

Ruchy

Scholar
Is there anyway to find out who the caravan was arranged with? :lol: It never even crossed my mind to make note of that, but I fucked up

See I went back to the same guy when it happening in my run, had to shell out another 18000.... unless I missed something.

In the Clan view, check the place of each companion, one should not be in the same place. It is also useful to look at the encyclopedia.

ZM2yixh.png

And to bring a non-prisoner partner back into the party:

FWpXDIt.png

Yeah I got everyone back and went back to the trader to organise restarting the caravan. The issue was I had to pay again? is there a way to avoid that?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You have to pay to replace the caravans because the members were all killed, captured or deserted remember?
I'm ok with that TBH since the pay off between Caravans & Trade Shops are pretty obvious.

Caravans should have a higher risk, but more profits.

Ruchy

Scholar
OK good that is what I thought as well. Thanks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom