Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Starsector - RT 2D indie space goodness

razvedchiki

Erudite
derelict ships are always orbiting a planet or you can find them on the fringes of the systems?
im asking because once you find a legion domain ship you supposedly can find more in the neighbouring star systems, of which i have found none.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Derelict ships can be pretty much anywhere AFAIK. They even show up in open space between systems (I've found a legion that way before.)

If there's any restriction, I thing objects only spawn along the same orbits as other planets or asteroid fields etc. when they're in systems. Not necessarily next to said planet though, although that's more common.

tindrli

Arcane
i think that derelicts are totally random in a galaxy map. in system map however 95 % are in corona of the star. sometimes they orbit a planet and sometimes they are in domant gate or asteroid cluster

Modron

Arcane
i think that derelicts are totally random in a galaxy map. in system map however 95 % are in corona of the star. sometimes they orbit a planet and sometimes they are in domant gate or asteroid cluster
Don't forget asteroid belts, it's not uncommon for them to be nowhere near a planet/star but orbiting the sun in such a place.

Perkel

Arcane
playing it back to back with X4.

unknown.png

razvedchiki

Erudite
actually the ships are from the tahlan industries mod, there is a battlecruiser named nibelungen or something, a battleship named vanquiser a cruiser with a big ass fixed frontal energy weapon that fires once and an assortment of other ships or various sizes.most of the ships i found are in the lethia system, there is an independent planet there called kassadar which has an antiquities seller insted of a black market and you can find those ships for sale. it also adds the legio infernalis faction which are a somewhat more organised pirate faction.

screenshot000.png

tindrli

Arcane
actually the ships are from the tahlan industries mod, there is a battlecruiser named nibelungen or something, a battleship named vanquiser a cruiser with a big ass fixed frontal energy weapon that fires once and an assortment of other ships or various sizes.most of the ships i found are in the lethia system, there is an independent planet there called kassadar which has an antiquities seller insted of a black market and you can find those ships for sale. it also adds the legio infernalis faction which are a somewhat more organised pirate faction.

screenshot000.png

yes yes.. Lethia is always in outer rim

Doma

Augur
I am trying to decide what mods to play with. Anyone got a screeshot of their modlist? Want to get a good combination.

AgentFransis

Cipher
Patron
There are too many. Take the utilities from the mod index in the forum and add any faction and ship pack seems nice to you (best ones are probably Ship-weapons pack, Blackrock, Diable, Imperium, Dassault-Mikoyan, Sylphon and Tahlan). Or all of them and prune later. Just bare in mind that with a bunch of ship mods the game can become unstable unless you give it more RAM.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am trying to decide what mods to play with. Anyone got a screeshot of their modlist? Want to get a good combination.

Add utilities first than ship and faction packs you like most, I play with ship pack and Church of Ludd faction only nowadays those two clash with grim dark and post apocalyptic in space theme of game least INMHO.

tindrli

Arcane
this is my mod list from "enabled_mods.json" file that is in the MODS folder
{"enabledMods": [
"Adjusted Sector", --- Utility
"Another Portrait Pack -ReWork-", --- More portraits
"raccoonarms",
"lw_autosave", --- Utility
"blackrock_driveyards",
"chatter", ---In Combat chat messages
"timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
"COPS",
"istl_dam",
"diableavionics",
"DisassembleReassemble",
"edshipyard",
"XLU",
"FDS",
"gates_awakened",
"gs",
"HMI",
"deconomics",
"interestingportraitspack",
"Imperium",
"junk_pirates_release",
"kadur_remnant",
"lw_lazylib", --- Essential
"luddenhance",
"MagicLib", --- Essential
"Mayasuran Navy",
"Neutrino",
"nexerelin",
"yunru_pirate_collection",
"sad",
"SCY",
"shadow_ships",
"swp",
"bonomel_skilledup",
"speedUp", --- Utility Essential
"sun_starship_legends",
"Boggled Station Construction",
"Sylphon_RnD",
"tahlan",
"THI",
"TORCHSHIPS",
"TS_Coalition",
"underworld",
"US",
"vayrasector",
"vayrashippack",
"lw_version_checker", --- Utility Essential
"XhanEmpire",
"yrxp",
"audio_plus", --- Utility
"shaderLib", --- Essential
"prv"
]}

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Saw half of the that stream. Was pretty epic, especially that round when team made it till last wave, and then they spent all rockets lol.
I wish I could just buy it through Xsolla...

i don't care about reading, i care about playing, and after the first round the game has very little playing left, everything lacks balance and free money comes from everywhere.

tindrli

Arcane
i don't care about reading, i care about playing, and after the first round the game has very little playing left, everything lacks balance and free money comes from everywhere.

it was balanced pretty before. i don't see reason why they would screw it now. and game never had free money from everywhere especially in my case. yes i could get lucky sometimes but it was never mandatory.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
balanced? join a faction, buy some supplies, park in an orbit, afk, come back to some free millions. balanced?

Sure, you can exploit exploits, but so what? I never had problems with too much money from actually playing the game.

Especially if you start your own faction, you'll never have money then.

are you kidding me? i found a system with two decent planets (and nothing else) and i was rolling in money. the only downside is that every faction, even your own, will keep sending invading fleets which will be rotflstomped by your defenses and give you even more free stuff at the cost of degrading standings.
in the meantime you'll level up and gather points with nowhere meaningful to spend them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom