Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Trigger the codex with a statement.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
It was in a private Facebook group, but I can't find the post anymore... maybe the guy read what he wrote and shot himself in the head.

You should have taken a print.(and censoring his name obviously). dos2 and D&D 4e has everything that i hate about modern games...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Another meme made in two minutes to trigger jrpg fans

BDP4MLq.png

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
they keep producing isometric games because its cheaper and some people stuck in the past don't know better. if the knew they would start play true 3d games and this isometric nonsense would end

Azdul

Magister
1996-2003 is the golden era of not only CRPGs, but PC games in general.
Those few classic received so much praise that people forgot that they were good because they've tried something new for the very first time. 40 year old players expect more of the same, and veteran developers are happy to oblige, because it's the only thing they have learned to create.

When young people look at those venerated classics or their contemporary "spiritual successors" without nostalgia googles and notice obvious faults, RPGCodex circles the wagons as if they were defending last vestiges of high culture against barbarians.

Duralux for Durabux

He can't be Josh.

Josh obviously thinks D:OS2 is a better game than Deadfire (and he is wrong).
I was joking....
In my opinion, Josh is a good developer, he just need to be more focus on funny things(how to make the game interesting for players, it is his only fault) in the game instead of balance. Every games he worked on are good. His games deserve more sales than it got.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
He can't be Josh.

Josh obviously thinks D:OS2 is a better game than Deadfire (and he is wrong).
I was joking....
Yeah, me too...
I was joking about how Josh never miss a chance to compare Deadfire to D:OS2 and he always conveys a sense of inferiority while doing so. His Deadfire restrospective begins with "D:OS2 had full voice-over, so we couldn't release Deadfire without".

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Isometric perspective is gay and is only used in order to make games prettier.

Duralux for Durabux

Yeah, me too...
I was joking about how Josh never miss a chance to compare Deadfire to D:OS2 and he always conveys a sense of inferiority while doing so. His Deadfire restrospective begins with "D:OS2 had full voice-over, so we couldn't release Deadfire without".
Josh is probably the most humble developer out there, Divinity Original Sin 2 is DOS:2 and Deadfire is Deadfire they must not be comparable.

Paper

Educated
if it wasn't for the wizardry thread, this forum would just be the beamdog forums but with more edgelord shitposting

Most tabletop RPG games and sessions are lame-ass trash, and people who play them should stop presenting that shit as something computer RPGs should be striving for.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom