Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
So in other words, you are unfamiliar with the autopause options. If the combat log is flying by you're doing it (very) wrong. You can advance time slowly using the "v" button which lets you react to whatever you choose (I end up watching the combat log like a text-only mud) or you can turn on all the autopause stops then remove the ones which annoy you. In neither case will the Combat Long be flying by.

Please learn to play the game as designed before advising others.
So there's still 20 odd creatures acting simultaneously, but fear not, you can slow time down 30x? Presumably there's some demand for this because the pillars games have that speed bar, but I don't get the pitch here; what's the advantage in having the same crappy experience take longer? Simultaneous movement is cancer; they tried the same thing in table-top war games in the 70's, a failed experiment.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

20-odd creatures? No, most fights are ten-twelve tops, which either way take a whole lot longer one at a time TB. You said things are out of control RTwP. You're wrong.

But the point is not TB vs RTwP, the point is people opining on the game who demonstrably have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

I've played both. You haven't. Until you do, you're subtracting value from the conversation.

Crichton

Prophet
20-odd creatures? No, most fights are ten-twelve tops, which either way take a whole lot longer one at a time TB. You said things are out of control RTwP. You're wrong.

But the point is not TB vs RTwP, the point is people opining on the game who demonstrably have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

I've played both. You haven't. Until you do, you're subtracting value from the conversation.
Dude,

I played through the game vanilla which took ~150 hours. How much more would I need play to hit this zen moment of loving RTwP? This is turning into a Skyway/KoTOR kind of situation. The fact that RTwP is garbage doesn't have to diminish your obsession with the game. I love Arcanum even though it has two combat modes which are both crap! But if you love the game, treat it the right way, play TB.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Did the bald hilltop after Pitax and it was hilarious. The fight started with them paralyzing 4 of my 6 party members. So I'm like "oh okay, I'll reload and prepare for that." I let things play out though just to see what the fight was like, and I swear to god Amari and Valerie killed everything themselves, with basic attacks. Pitax castle had some challenges in it so I thought the game was getting harder, but now I'm not so sure. :lol:

Also I can't believe there's another 260 day long chapter, jesus fucking christ this game is long and repetitive.

Desiderius

Patron

Dude,

I played through the game vanilla which took ~150 hours. How much more would I need play to hit this zen moment of loving RTwP?

I don't know, maybe learning how to fucking Pause? Stop changing the subject and putting up retarded strawmen.

That's like finishing the Gold Box games, bitching about what a pain it was to manually heal everyone all the time, then when someone asks you if you ever tried the Fix command going off about people worshipping Gold Box.

Is there anyone (other than Haplo and NJClaw) who advocate for TBing everything who has the first fucking clue how to play RTwP?

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wowzers, hello there mandragora swarms. Took me half a dozen wipes to beat my first group. Summoning a shit ton of undead seems to be the key (for me anyway).

Desiderius

Patron
Alright PinkEye, here goes:

Sacred Fist Harrim.jpg

I feel like lorewise I have little choice.

Desiderius

Patron
So you kept Harrim's initial level and stats. Well, it will be interesting to see what could you get from him...

I'm not using Bag of Tricks or any of that shit. Touch of Chaos doesn't depend on Cleric levels, so he'll never be bad. Sucks to waste his Heavy Armor proficiency. Monk with spells seems solid tho.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
...and done (Enhanced edition). Really enjoyed it overall. Final areas were a bit poorly designed (too many trashmobs) but I agree with those who say that Owlcat managed to keep the whole thing amazingly well together despite perhaps overreaching a bit on the scope of the game.
Was the game overlong? It took me 202 hours according to steam (base game only), the longest time I've spent on one playthrough for any game but I'm not complaining - nobody says you have to play a game in one go FFS. Try to enjoy it while it lasts, or something.

I played it with a 5 character party mostly, with shared XP turned off. It had the benefit of the party members being a bit stronger mid-game than perhaps otherwise. Towards the endgame, however, a lot of XP had been "wasted" on Linzi as she was disarming traps and taking care of dialogues for most of the game and I could have used that XP on some of my other party members. Played on a custom difficulty above the normal default, The Hargulka fight was pretty tough as was the mob at Dappled Quagmire (I stumbled upon it a bit early, perhaps) but otherwise there were only a couple of set piece fights involving companions' duels that I didn't manage to win (and I wasn't autistic enough to spend days trying to grind a win out of them, either.)

Codex-quest was :incline:.

The Kingdom management felt a bit tacked on in retrospect as
its only function seems to be to make it possible for you to get the "secret ending" (you research all the curses.)

Overall, like I said, really worth both the money and the time invested. Well done, Owlcat! :salute:

Desiderius

Patron
So you kept Harrim's initial level and stats. Well, it will be interesting to see what could you get from him...

Can't decide whether to go balls out with Pummeling Style free-Trip Pounce or build on his strengths (I'll mostly be using him to fight Trolls/Giants where he gets a free 4 AC) with Crane Style. You get free Style feats with the Archetype.

Linzi is taking a level of Fey Sorc to get the familiar, +2 to Compulsion DC, and Bonus Caster feat, so she'll be able to Share Spells Mirror Image with Harrim.

Efe

Erudite
whole party got dominated by lady of shallows and somehow every single companion not on map unequipped their stuff.
including jaethal with cloak of lost souls... now she cant equip any cloak. seems similar to amiris weapon slot bug. any known fix?

Desiderius

Patron
whole party got dominated by lady of shallows and somehow every single companion not on map unequipped their stuff.
including jaethal with cloak of lost souls... now she cant equip any cloak. seems similar to amiris weapon slot bug. any known fix?

Had that same problem from respeccing Harrim.

Desiderius

Patron
With Harrim's DEX Crane Style isn't happening. He's not much for Dodging. Pummeling it is!

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Halfway through Nyrissa's house and not seeing what the big deal is so far. All the companions are right there at the start, and if you case freedom of movement the wild hunt guys are pushovers.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Halfway through Nyrissa's house and not seeing what the big deal is so far. All the companions are right there at the start, and if you case freedom of movement the wild hunt guys are pushovers.
That chapter has a single big flaw: excluding bosses, you fight the same two encounters over and over and over again.

As always, complaints about difficulty are exaggerated or simply fruit of not understanding the game. As you noticed, you just need to find ways to counteract the paralyzed and blind status effects. Paralyzed is a joke because Freedom of Movement is available to almost every class in the game, while blindness is a bit more insidious, but the game throws at you tons of ways of dealing with that (items, spells, feats and class features). Ghosts fights are just an annoyance, because if you don't know how to use Death Ward you really should be playing high level Pathfinder.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy

The House was much worse at launch and its still a stupid badly implemented place.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

The House was much worse at launch and its still a stupid badly implemented place.
In which way was it worse at launch?

It's an honest question, I played the game at launch and during my last playthrough (a month ago) I didn't find any sensible difference.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

In which way was it worse at launch?

It's an honest question, I played the game at launch and during my last playthrough (a month ago) I didn't find any sensible difference.
The fact that you can lose a strong bard companion, with no way to replace them. For example. If you're a new player and depended heavily on Linzi, then you're ultimately fucked.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom