Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Steam Approval at 69.999%, Be The Legendary Codexian Who Defeated The SJW Horde

Codex Year of the Donut
... but engineering review bombing on other forums and organizing large scale attempts to review bomb a game is okay?

Yes, because it is a 3rd party engineering review bombs on a game made by another party. If, say, some over passionate fans are trying to rile up positive reviews it would also be fine.

You, on the other hand, is a dev engineering positive review for a game you made. If these kinds of threads are reported to Steam and should Steam moderator happens to follow up on this then you can get your game pulled from the store.

Grimoire is not really my kind of game but I really advise against doing anything that may harm your game.
How is asking people who bought the game to leave it a review any different than the games that nag me to leave a review when I open them?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
... but engineering review bombing on other forums and organizing large scale attempts to review bomb a game is okay?

Yes, because it is a 3rd party engineering review bombs on a game made by another party. If, say, some over passionate fans are trying to rile up positive reviews it would also be fine.

You, on the other hand, is a dev engineering positive review for a game you made. If these kinds of threads are reported to Steam and should Steam moderator happens to follow up on this then you can get your game pulled from the store.

Grimoire is not really my kind of game but I really advise against doing anything that may harm your game.
How is asking people who bought the game to leave it a review any different than the games that nag me to leave a review when I open them?

The difference is Cleve is staging a positive review request in Steam spesifically to increase its rating in Steam.

There is a wide difference between:

"Hey gimme honest review of the game in the game page. Would be useful feedback for us, the dev"

and

"HEY GUYS, WE ARE GOING TO REACH VERY POSITIVE SOON. GIVE ME YOUR POSITIVE REVIEW SO WE CAN DEFEAT SJW HORDE (Read: So my game get better reviews score and get better exposure on Steam)"

But I digress. I am just giving Cleve advice to avoid his game getting in trouble. If it is you or any other guy posting this but Cleve I wouldn't bat an eye because it is not a grey area. But if you think this is fine then this fine, not really my fight either way.

Efe

Erudite
his honesty is refreshing.
would you prefer sponsored videos and click bait articles?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I suggest the OP to change the text of this thread to something like

"please, buy an leave a HONEST review of my game, more honest reviews means that the reviewbomb that my game received will lose importance"

Not because someone here would report you to steam, but the same guys that organized a reviewbomb can do it.

My POSITIVE review where 16 people considered helpful https://steamcommunity.com/id/Arquero_del_infierno/recommended/650670?snr=1_5_9__402

"Only needs more information

The game is good. Don't get me wrong, but there are a HUGE problem. The game don't give enough information.

On Pathfinder Kingmaker. If i cast finger of death and the enemy succeed on their save, the game shows exactly the dice roll + fortitude. On Grimoire, my drake and his gigantic mace fail to penetrate an rat "armor" and the game don't show why. I need to foretell why. To make things worse, most spells deals ZERO damage on failed save.

Even following an guide is very hard to know where you are suppose to go, what you need to do. That is the biggest problem of this game. The best guide IMO is this: Hyperborea Maps and Notes
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1107532654

There are tons of races, tons of dungeons o explore, tons of classes, the combat is very tactical and remembers me the M&M series. I clearly recommend to play this game with an guide. After 25 hours, din't completed even 15% of the world map."

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Indeed, I am stupid, aren't I?

But when an outsider is judging whether something (staging good reviews) actually happen or not, these small things make differences between your defense holding or not.

But as I said, I digress. I doubt Grimoire garner enough attention to make a controversy (or to make people trying to dig skeletons about it) so it might be fine. Besides my off comment regarding conservatives double standard, my initial comment here was to chime in that trying to stage a good review is not really a good idea.

Generic-Giant-Spider

IF YOU SNITCH ON CLEVE I WILL FIND YOU

THINK ABOUT THAT BEFORE YOU GET ALL SMARMY AND SNIDE AGAINST THE GOLDEN BABY OF INCLINE

GRIMOIRE IS BIGGER THAN YOU, IT'S BIGGER THAN ALL OF YOU, LEARN YOUR PLACE HAHAHAHAHA

Drowed

Arcane

No, but I'd rather he didn't run the risk of having the game taken out of STEAM.

Let's not kid ourselves, STEAM is extremely susceptible to "SJW groups", as you guys might describe them here. If Cleve is really being targeted by a "conspiracy" or something, this topic may be all they need to make a complaint there. And STEAM, which despite having a "hands off" posture in most cases, has already bent the external pressure before. It wouldn't be the first game they'd take out of their catalog. But hey, if that's a risk Cleve wants to take, I'm not the one to complain. I already have the game, so it doesn't make that much difference to me. And he can always sell his game directly from inside his bunker with his own server.

Last edited:

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
You ought to hope for just enough negative reviews to come in at 69% flat, and then meticulously shave new reviews so that it stays there forever.
Getting 69% is like a secret effect. Sure the stats may say a mere 69, but there's also a 100% kill rate under the hood.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The difference is Cleve is staging a positive review request in Steam spesifically to increase its rating in Steam.

There is a wide difference between:

"Hey gimme honest review of the game in the game page. Would be useful feedback for us, the dev"

and

"HEY GUYS, WE ARE GOING TO REACH VERY POSITIVE SOON. GIVE ME YOUR POSITIVE REVIEW SO WE CAN DEFEAT SJW HORDE (Read: So my game get better reviews score and get better exposure on Steam)"

You're a funny guy, do you really think : "give us a honest review means a HONEST review ?" They just want a positive review to increase their sales and it's quite natural, wouldn't you if it was your game ?

Same for the devs thanking the trashy negative reviews, they're not saying "thank you", they're actually saying : " Shut the fuck up and fuck off you fucking moron!"

I know i used that tactic at work a couple of time when for some reason i could keep my cool in front of a guy so furious i was expecting him to explode.
Usually, it makes him even more furious but you didn't do anything wrong, did you ?

Diggfinger

Arcane
Duty is done:
bought the game twice and reviewed on GOG/Steam :salute::salute:

Now just need to properly play the dangthing :oops::obviously:

My incredible burnout
when I put up V2 has faded and I might move onto some really nice features like Steam achievements and custom portraits.

Neanderthal burn-out is no joke, dear friends. This means Cleve has peaked into the Black Hole of the Universe and tasted the Magma of the Center of the Earth. His work ethics has literally driven his body-heat to near-combustion levels to bring us this masterpiece.
We were nano-seconds away from the disaster below happening....long live Grimoire!

article-2269470-1736E4C4000005DC-739_634x431.jpg

Last edited:

Vityaz

Augur
Yeah, sure why not. Can't say I care much about the dev and his antics, but the game itself was pretty enjoyable to me.

I wouldn't mind seeing more and if a review helps that, then so be it.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Steam probably just predicts results based on the shit you play.

I don't think so, I wasn't even logged in (and in private firefox navigation mode), you probably have it on your search list because you already have it in your library or follow it.
Meaning it doesn't appear when you need it too as in, you didn't buy it on steam already and do not follow it either.

you're right lol

Says the guy with Twitcher III in the background as recommendation ...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Says the guy with Twitcher III in the background as recommendation ...

Steam keep recommending ni no kuni to me. And i have a total of ZERO similar jrpg's on steam... Unless you count Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma as one. Witcher is extremely popular on Poland and steam takes your country into account on recommendations.

Drowed

Arcane
The STEAM recommendations largely use the TAGs that the games receive, both from the STEAM itself and from the community. It is not uncommon for you to receive completely unrelated game recommendations. If you don't like it, the ideal thing is for you to do is to use the blocking option of certain TAGs that it offers, this prevents you from seeing too much garbage. Otherwise:

"Oh, you played ATOM? This game has an "RPG" tag. I also see that you played Gothic 1, which has the "Open World" tag. I see, DOOM 2? You certainly like "first-person" games. I know! You're wanting to buy some BORDERLANDS 3!"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom