Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Explorerbc

Arcane
Yeah, this isn't gonna bomb. The Last of Us was massive for the playstation community.

The people complaining right now are a minority of either anti-SJWs or butthurt fans that are too invested to not buy even if it kills their fanfic heroes (inser COD: MW2 boycott pic here).

The mainstream audience has no clue about this stuff and they will probably consider it an insta-buy system seller title without second thought.

I do think however that it will sell less and probably doom the franchise.

Kinda how it took 3 movies for the spell to break and people to realize that new Star Wars is shit.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
TLou2 reddit is having a meltdown :)

m0szw7sfiev41.jpg

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Cuckman jewed his employees
The Last of Us 2 spoilers are reportedly from a disgruntled employee over a payment dispute with Naughty Dog. When things didn't go their way.....bam, MAJOR plot spoilers got leaked. Some really angry, tired and fed up people working at ND, I think we could see this coming sadly.

I read a few times on twitter, that the anger was over the delay on the game, after severe studio crunch to meet the initial release date. Any source on it being a pay dispute?

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
I guess I missed the hype around Last of Us. What was so special about the first game that people are so butthurt from the leaks?
Nothing special. Fans are mad because the second half of the game will put the players on the point of view of the antagonist and force them to kill the protagonists.

It's basically a "what makes you different from the baddies?" trope but with a videogame twist (you play as the "villain"). Not my cup of tea but I think some storyfags will cum over it. But expect outrage from fandom since the protagonists are super badasses and therefore can't be killed.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
probably didn't have a big enough polycount budget left after wasting them all on that massive nose

They could've ditched the bull dyke and her trannie side kick. That way they would've saved a couple million polys for each titty.

Naughty Dog proving itself as a saviour of the white race by oppressing the open portrayal of tempting khazar milkers.

Well I have to be real with you guys. I wouldn't mind betraying the white race to motorboat those magnific works of art...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Couldn't resist looking up the spoilers, and holy hell. I really liked the first game, and I liked Joel. He was not the usual protagonist, he was rough as hell, had many faults, he was well written, not a hero and not a villain. Then they do this to him, and expect me to play as his murderer? Some no-name weirdo that have been edited in? Talk about shitting on your fanbase here. Then also making out Ellie as some kind of villain for continued games in the series... what the fuck? Man, everyone just wanted a continuation of the characters, the cool setting and such. I'm sure the setting will still be cool, but when the story is this miserable.

It's lame splitting up your game in 2 parts too, especially when it comes to survival horror/adventure. You kinda wanna make one big journey, seeing your character grow in skills, weapons and not getting cock blocked by some tranny half-way through...

Archwizard Hank

Learned
I thought the first game was overhyped malarkey and never really thought about this IP until a friend started playing it recently, but these leaks are top shelf garbage

This whole "bUt w|-I0msT is ReElly teh villain!?!?!?!?" shit could maybe work in the hands of someone that really knows what they're doing, but even then it's up there with "w0w it vauz awl a dreem!!!!1" among overplayed plot twists that're more annoying than thought-provoking most of the time

Duraframe300

Arcane
I thought the first game was overhyped malarkey and never really thought about this IP until a friend started playing it recently, but these leaks are top shelf garbage

This whole "bUt w|-I0msT is ReElly teh villain!?!?!?!?" shit could maybe work in the hands of someone that really knows what they're doing, but even then it's up there with "w0w it vauz awl a dreem!!!!1" among overplayed plot twists that're more annoying than thought-provoking most of the time

Its also hilarious that its coming from Druckmann who bullies people out of the company and fires them if they don't adhere to his politics.

Sentinel

Arcane
The Amy Hennig cult is honestly hilarious. People are now pretending that Uncharted had masterful writing or were even particularly good games. If you were a fan of the first TLoU, there's even no reason to look up to Amy, she had no part in it.
The point of my jeer was that Hennig, a competent writer, would not have allowed this incompetent twist in LoU2. I don't actually care about Naughty Dog garbage either way :M
And you say that based on what? A mediocre game she wrote 20 years ago, while ignoring every other below average game she worked on since then? Yes, I'm sure she would've saved this project. Just like she saved uncharted 1, 2, and 3.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom