Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Fine. I'm lying. I didn't play it, I wasn't highly disappointed in it, and it advanced the genre brilliantly. Those 2.4 hours Steam says I clocked were just idling so I could trick strangers on the Codex. Good job, detectives! You caught me! Although I didn't play it I must say I completely loved it. The game is highly challenging, none of the "sentence structure" combinations make complete nonsense out of most answers and there are harsh penalties for guessing wrong. You should totally buy it and play it several times, it's a great use of your time and money. I profoundly apologize for trying to give anyone the benefit of my direct experience.

Last edited:

PrettyDeadman

Fine. I'm lying. I didn't play it, I wasn't highly disappointed in it, and it advanced the genre brilliantly. Those 2.4 hours Steam says I clocked were just idling so I could trick strangers on the Codex. The game is highly challenging, none of the "sentence structure" combinations make complete nonsense out of most answers and there are harsh penalties for guessing wrong. You should totally buy it and play it several times, it's a great use of your time and money. I profoundly apologize for trying to give anyone the benefit of my direct experience.
I am not going to play it but I'll have you know you have been caught red handed as the crook you are.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't know what could be the problem unfortunately. It must be some Steam shinanigan.

Same thing happens for me. "Because the contents of One Bit Bundle are personalized for your account, it cannot be purchased as a gift."

Well, I bought it for myself anyway. :)
I will look into this, but as far as I know, there are no settings in the Steam developer site which prohibits gifting. Thank you for purchasing, it means a lot to me. :)

Used to be you could try these small-time shareware games (you call them "indie" now?) for free in shareware mode or get them in bulk in thousands on a single CD as a "Shareware Collection Vol 49!!!" for about $5 or $6. NOW you want me to pay up, UP FRONT, on average $5-6 for EACH, without even trying any of them?! Git da fuk outta here wit dat chit zoomboi!!!

Besides, my Steam has been in offline mode and firewalled since about 2017... so....

Anyone have any shareware discs they want to unload?
Nice job paying for demos, nerd. I'm circumcising your post as punishment. :rpgcodex:

Don't know what could be the problem unfortunately. It must be some Steam shinanigan.

Same thing happens for me. "Because the contents of One Bit Bundle are personalized for your account, it cannot be purchased as a gift."

I will look into this, but as far as I know, there are no settings in the Steam developer site which prohibits gifting. Thank you for purchasing, it means a lot to me. :)
That error in particular is because the way you have the bundle set up (THE CORRECT WAY) is it drops the price on any pieces the customer already owns. So it doesn't allow gifting, even for a full bundle (Which is stupid, yes) because that could potentially let someone use their "Customer loyalty bonus" of being able to buy a single game via the bundle with the extra bundle discount and then gift it to people, allowing dreaded Steam arbitrage and shenanigans.

The other way to set up bundles on Steam is where you offer it as a lump, so owners of pieces of the bundle are still charged for the whole thing and the extra games are lost to the void. I don't recall the specific terminology between the two, though.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Used to be you could try these small-time shareware games (you call them "indie" now?) for free in shareware mode or get them in bulk in thousands on a single CD as a "Shareware Collection Vol 49!!!" for about $5 or $6. NOW you want me to pay up, UP FRONT, on average $5-6 for EACH, without even trying any of them?! Git da fuk outta here wit dat chit zoomboi!!!

Besides, my Steam has been in offline mode and firewalled since about 2017... so....

Anyone have any shareware discs they want to unload?
Nice job paying for demos, nerd. I'm circumcising your post as punishment. :rpgcodex:

That error in particular is because the way you have the bundle set up (THE CORRECT WAY) is it drops the price on any pieces the customer already owns. So it doesn't allow gifting, even for a full bundle (Which is stupid, yes) because that could potentially let someone use their "Customer loyalty bonus" of being able to buy a single game via the bundle with the extra bundle discount and then gift it to people, allowing dreaded Steam arbitrage and shenanigans.

The other way to set up bundles on Steam is where you offer it as a lump, so owners of pieces of the bundle are still charged for the whole thing and the extra games are lost to the void. I don't recall the specific terminology between the two, though.
Oh man, thanks a lot. I would have never thought about this. But it is so stupid on Steam's part, because the current setup is more fair to customers.

Oh man, thanks a lot. I would have never thought about this. But it is so stupid on Steam's part, because the current setup is more fair to customers.
No problem! And yeah, it is stupid. I actually think they used to let you gift bundles like that provided you were still buying the whole thing but I could be misremembering, or they just let you gift partial bundles then too since it was the wild west.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Decent adventure-horror game. Great atmosphere and interesting story, but very linear (although there are multiple endings) and short (depending on the ending 1-2 hours long). However, it is very cheap, so well worth it for one night playthrough.

Endemic

Arcane
Total War Shogun 2 is free on steam. Are its DLCs any good?

Most of them are good (a few of the special units are overpowered), besides the pointless blood pack. I bought them all on sale a few years back, so if in doubt wait for the summer sale.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
They're on a 75% off right now, which is why I think he was asking. It seems like a good deal, but I've never played any of them.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Isn't Shogun 2 considered the peak of the series? I haven't tried any since the disaster that was Empire Total War.

Isn't Shogun 2 considered the peak of the series? I haven't tried any since the disaster that was Empire Total War.
Shogun 2's pretty great for modern Total War games. Total Warhammer is really good too, especially if you dig the setting, but Shogun 2's got really clean rock-paper-scissors unit balance and a really satisfying world map, since Japan's tight enough that there are plenty of chokepoints for ambushing and protecting areas unlike most other current Total War games where you play whack-a-mole chasing armies all over the goddamn world. Worst part in Shogun 2 is the "Realm divide" which is a late game event that makes the entire map hostile to you, even your previous allies, in an attempt to give you challenge so you don't just have 10-20 final hours of mopping everything up. Can be modded if need-be or you can just suck it up.

Point is, Shogun 2's really solid even though I'm racist against Japanese. It's well worth grabbing for anyone who hasn't got it since it's a good example of Total War functioning well.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is, although personally I prefer Attila as it is the most difficult of all Total Wars, which is also indicated by the game's goals: Unlike in other TW where you need to conquer some areas, in Attila your goal is literally just to survive, and keeping a larger area is practically impossible until late game. If you go to steam forums retards complain all the time there that Attila sucks because too hard (no, it's not THAT hard, they are just retards).

If you eventually get mods to make the game even harder, that is the best TW game ever made as it is the only where blobbing is an arduous task.

That said, Shogun 1 and 2 as well as Medieval 2 are also my recommendation as they are the best map painters.

Modron

Arcane
Gears Tactics is out for 60 dollars kek.

Fields of Glory got added to steam. No not Field of Glory, fieldsss.

Another scifi 4x game opens to middling reviews

Edit: this just hit early access could have sworn it had a thread here but my brief searching found none

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom