Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Fellowship Saga - 5e OGL-based blobber from Sir-Tech veteran

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

With first person turn-based combat.

ss_c8b43b57b9a3a6875c25ab0df234ccba561b17c4.1920x1080.jpg

ss_dbffcdc67483efcca2533ec31e5cb9a9ac0af8ee.1920x1080.jpg

ss_75ff79b1b08f7fd2185f5326a8e737d7e7f15afd.1920x1080.jpg

There's not much details or video. Just screenshots on the Steam page.

Unlikely Heros
In the kingdom of Falone, you control a party of adventurers who suddenly find themselves in an epic struggle for control of the crown.

Key Features
  • Turn-Based Combat: Accessible, Familiar, Tense, and full of choices by using the system from the 5th edition of the world's most popular RPG.
  • Party-based: Teamwork and synergies necessary by creating and managing a party of 5 adventurers.
  • First-person: Accessible first-person gameplay provides up-close action and full controller support.
  • Tailor to your playstyle: 12 Classes and nine races provide a wide range of customization and flexibility - and extended by one level of subclassing.
  • Exploration: Visit wilderness, towns, caverns, and dungeons while completing quests and defeating a wide range of creatures.

Last edited by a moderator:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yeah, this seems like a lone developer work probably with pre-made assets. I hope at least the combat is fun.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The UI is really generic but i like the first screenshot, it has a Might & Magic VI / Wizardry 8 feel.
Let's wait for a gameplay video, seems quite interesting so far.

I don't see any mana gauge, please don't use cooldowns ... :negative:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Turn-Based Combat: Accessible, Familiar, Tense, and full of choices by using the system from the 5th edition of the world's most popular RPG.

Always fun to see how developers avoid using the D&D name in their OGL titles :D

ManaJunkie

Arbiter
Managing a party of five adventurers better mean allowing the player to create those characters. It's called Fellowship, not developer companionship.

Party-based: Teamwork and synergies necessary by creating and managing a party of 5 adventurers.

I don't see any mana gauge, please don't use cooldowns ... :negative:

5th edition of the world's most popular RPG.

Lets hope for the best...

V_K

Arcane
Ok, combat is very clearly Wiz8-inspired, which depending on its quantity might not be the best thing. But what concerns me the most is Skyrim's quest compass at the top.

MpuMngwana

Arbiter
Hopefully the obvious Wiz 8 inspiration means they are also aware of its shortcomings, and a combat speed slider will be included in the final game. This looks way too slow as it is now.

User0001

Savant
With lack of tactical positioning for individual player characters by being forced to move everyone together, the developer needs to think about changing turn order to work jointly for the whole party/enemy the way BG3 will (able to choose who acts first on party turn), so that you more effectively can utilize AoE-spells, range-attacks etc.

Last edited:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Interesting.
The text box and the font are way too small, the text box during dialogs should be half the screen at least, it's not like we're going to fight while talking to a NPC.
Also, if there's one thing they didn't have to take from wizardry 8, it's picking up items on the floor, auto-loot would be nice ... Specially since the pixel hunting looks closer to Might & Magic VI than wizardry 8 where the bags were bigger.

tindrli

Arcane
Ok, combat is very clearly Wiz8-inspired, which depending on its quantity might not be the best thing. But what concerns me the most is Skyrim's quest compass at the top.
with little hope they could make it turn off/on

V_K

Arcane
No, what concerns me is that it literally seems to be using Skyrim icons and location discovery UI. I've seen some fake "games" do something like that, so it makes me suspicious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom