Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Brozef

Savant
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I think it's on the CPU and not GPU.

Can confirm. Upgrading my CPU (from i3 to i7) solved all issues in my case. And the impact seems completely out of proportion. I went from the game with minimal setting reliably crashing in the tutorial and sending my PC into meltdown (100° CPU) to running everything smothely with (almost) max settings. GPU and RAM remain unchanged and they were never really taxed in the first place. Even before the upgrade the GPU remained at room temperature while the CPU was melting.

Thal

Augur
This weird backtracking on making looters more lethal on auto-combat is annoying.
There really is no reason for a mid-tier army to sustain deaths, especially when all I had to do is stand still during combat letting the archers whittle them down before giving infantry orders to charge.
I think this will punish AI army more than players anyway since the AI never had the option to manually resolve combat and will sustain unnecessary losses.

Raise your Tactics to high level, and you're likely to crush the looters like a tactical genius should. Never put a single Focus Point in it and watch your soldiers die due to your mistakes. How you develop your charter is instrumental in Bannerlord, as it should in an rpg.

Andnjord

Arcane
Anyone else has had problems with the latest mini-patch? After my game crashed yesterday steam downloaded the latest mini-patch and upon loading up the game it refused to load the latest two saves (including the auto save) BUT allowed me to load the save from the the day before which had the exact same mods installed. Tried to start up the game today after updating a couple of mods and now the game crashes on starting, even after getting rid of all the the mods :negative:

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
This weird backtracking on making looters more lethal on auto-combat is annoying.
There really is no reason for a mid-tier army to sustain deaths, especially when all I had to do is stand still during combat letting the archers whittle them down before giving infantry orders to charge.
I think this will punish AI army more than players anyway since the AI never had the option to manually resolve combat and will sustain unnecessary losses.

Raise your Tactics to high level, and you're likely to crush the looters like a tactical genius should. Never put a single Focus Point in it and watch your soldiers die due to your mistakes. How you develop your charter is instrumental in Bannerlord, as it should in an rpg.

The problem is that it's not entirely clear which skills and feats actually work.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Nice new quest...

unknown.png

Nice gear, student. Would be a shame if someone steals it. I'll keep that for safekeeping.

unknown.png

unknown.png

:shredder:

RK47

Patron
Does anyone have any luck with splitting the same troop names into different formation?

Peachcurl

Cipher
Does anyone have any luck with splitting the same troop names into different formation?

That doesnt seem to be in the game, really, no?

Best thing you could do is start a new party with one of your companions, give them half of those troops, then create an army including that companion party...
I haven't tried yet, but if you assign your own troops to a separate formation they might split up?

RK47

Patron
Siege is still a brutal affair I see. I'm not sure due to bug or whatever. No way to make sense of it.
I was with 1300 attackers storming a 400-strong city and I realized something was wrong when I stormed the wall, killed 23 when the rest of the army had scored less than 5 in total while we sustained 400+ losses.
I got overwhelmed, fell on the wall.
Eventually, auto-resolve had us winning with 1000 losses.
I think if I left it at manual, we would've lost way more.

Ruchy

Scholar
Siege is still a brutal affair I see. I'm not sure due to bug or whatever. No way to make sense of it.
I was with 1300 attackers storming a 400-strong city and I realized something was wrong when I stormed the wall, killed 23 when the rest of the army had scored less than 5 in total while we sustained 400+ losses.

I think it sometimes bugs out on certain walls with ladders and towers causing your morons to dribble in one at a time.

deuxhero

Arcane
Washington Family coat of arms.
11.128.128.1500.1500.764.764.1.0.0.505.83.116.1500.150.764.639.0.0.0.505.83.116.1500.150.764.889.0.0.0.516.83.116.150.150.764.480.0.0.0.516.83.116.150.150.589.480.0.0.0.516.83.116.150.150.939.480.0.0.0

I'd like to see someone make the Trump crest.
545px-Trump_coa.svg.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
Best way to avoid AI derp during sieges is to break at least one wall completely.

Thal

Augur
Have guys found out any way to direct your troops in sieges? If you order a group of troops to use particular siege tower, do they actually stick to it and know what to do after they storm the walls?

Peachcurl

Cipher
What do you guys think of the mods suggested here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wEnZ_7y2yw

At least I didn't know the BannerPeasants mod yet (1 in 10 soldiers carry the banner of their lord. An actual banner, that is), it might be a good replacement for the rather poor icons that your own troops have.
The troop collision mod seems interesting as well.

But the rest? Some seem nice, but are not that important to warrant the risk of breaking things. The stuff which touches balance of health / armor / etc is likely to make the game too easy. The item changes are interesting, but very likely to break in upcoming updates (or are currently broken with 1.3).

I think I'll try the banner mod and the troop collision mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom