Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
1E Edgar Allan Poe
(correct the spelling maybe, treave - Allan, not Allen?)

Didn't notice, fixed.

First of all, we aren't in top shape. Our DEX is still at 4/6. treave, I'm assuming that this isn't a typo and we still haven't recovered fully.

Oh, forgot to bump it up by a point. You still have a mild limp which won't go away.

treave, could 2B be an option where we let the morons go in, and then tail them at a distance? We can catch up and join them if it's innocuous, we can call for help if we need, we can bail if we need?

I can revise the voting options and add that as a C, and then add the option to tattle or not to B.

edit: New options added, you can revise your votes as necessary. All current B votes will default to B1 if no change is noted.

edit2: Regarding the books, the small makeshift library Father McClellan has set up in the village doesn't have every single book in the world.

Last edited:

Baltika9

Arcane
and then add the option to tattle or not to B.
I don't think that's necessary. I highly doubt anyone here wants to snitch, aside from me. :lol:

Also, I noticed that the Bible is conspicuously absent from our reading list. Is that because we spent so much time with it anyway, being raised in a church and all?
"She doesn't like us, what a slut!!"

Time for that Disney high school movie arc
For real, tho. She's a vapid young girl chasing the rich and handsome boy. Probably the best catch available in this backwater.

Baltika9

Arcane
For real, tho. She's a vapid young girl chasing the rich and handsome boy. Probably the best catch available in this backwater.
I hope she reads this, bro.
Good call. Sophie, if you have internet access and you're reading this, DON'T GO INTO THE WOODS! Just stay home and watch horror movies on putlocker. Same thrills without any of the risks.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Oh, forgot to bump it up by a point. You still have a mild limp which won't go away.
Hm. If we had gone for the physical condition one right away rather than sort of coasting and chaining ourselves to the desk, would that have both brought up the dexterity to the “as before” condition as well as boosting our strength? Or would that have just been wishful thinking on the part of the protagonist as Wrinkly started on his regimen?

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hm. If we had gone for the physical condition one right away rather than sort of coasting and chaining ourselves to the desk, would that have both brought up the dexterity to the “as before” condition as well as boosting our strength? Or would that have just been wishful thinking on the part of the protagonist as Wrinkly started on his regimen?

You would still be where you are at the moment stat-wise, but you would have a better idea of why you aren't fully recovering.

Kipeci

Arcane
Something spooky behind it, moreso than just teeth tearing our bones and what separated them from the air? Alright!

I think I’ll revise my vote.

B > anything but G as before, but also
B2 to be a little snitch.

Now, obviously it won’t do wonders for our already poor social life to tattle to their actual priest if everything was going per their plan. However, we are living here on the generosity of the priest, not his stuck-up little girl whom he certainly seems to care for, nor this band of kids. How happy do you think those parents who include some fairly wealthy and influential people would be if their kids never came back or it otherwise became clear that something bad happened and it turns out that we encouraged the kids or kept them all in the dark when they might have been able to do something about it? I’d imagine we’d need to skip town in pretty short order.

It’s much more prudent to prioritize informing the parents who have power and stay on their good side, with the downside of the kids being pissed at us happening only if it was a normal excursion. If their lives are at risk and we get there in the nick of time though, doubt they’d hold that very much against us.

Keeping mum on the other hand is at best no penalty from the parents if they don’t find out. we have some gratitude from the kids only really if we wind up successful at finding them stuff/getting them not killed, and if anything goes wrong they might make us the scapegoat anyway to avoid consequences.

Pay attention to what side our bread is buttered on, here.

Baltika9

Arcane
Psst, bro, think you could make that a B2>B1 vote to defeat the A coalition? I'm on the same page as you, for almost exactly the same reasons. Moreover, I'm not that happy with C since it just seems like a milquetoast compromise and is kinda creepy tbh.

On another note, who wants to flop to 1D: Sherlock Holmes? I think it's a pretty cool mold for our character.

Edit: eh, flopped to B1>B2. I think going into the ruins with the group is dumb, but I'm down for showing up last minute to save them.

Last edited:

Kipeci

Arcane
Psst, bro, think you could make that a B2>B1 vote to defeat the A coalition? I'm on the same page as you, for almost exactly the same reasons. Moreover, I'm not that happy with C since it just seems like a milquetoast compromise and is kinda creepy tbh.

On another note, who wants to flop to 1D: Sherlock Holmes? I think it's a pretty cool mold for our character.
I’m actually more OK in going with them should snitching not pan out, although preferably not taking Rain with us. There is strength in numbers (+1 magic sword available) and we could plausibly be considering ourselves to protect them to justify to a parent why their kid is a corpse instead of just doing our chores like nothing funny at all was happening. Won’t change my vote to screw B as a whole over, just my two cents

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
In other words, this whole adventure is stupid. These children want to go into ruins they know nothing about, for goals that are unclear and with a support network that is unreliable. Considering our tenuous social situation in the village, our injured leg and the infant that we need to take care of, I don't think we should be joining this expedition at all.

Hence, 2B is the smart choice for a smart adventurer.

In fact, I think we should tell Father MacClellan what it is they're trying to do, so that we don't have to set out on a search-and-rescue party when they get in trouble, which is exactly what I think will happen with 2B. However, this is the bitch snitch option, so I don't think it has a chance of winning
I think going into the ruins with the group is dumb, but I'm down for showing up last minute to save them.
They already have a search-and-rescue party on their tail, they just don't want to be found and rescued by them.

It is wishful thinking to hope that we get to be the smart kid who saves everyone and becomes a village hero when we run a chance of simply sitting this one out doing chores like the option says we would. You want adventure, you take adventure.

The kids are pretty obviously doing it for a dare, like any kids exploring haunted (i.e. dilapidated) houses or abandoned construction sites. And just like those, this is an immensely bad and dangerous idea.

Never stopped anyone. :M

a cut of domestic sheep prime

In other words, this whole adventure is stupid. These children want to go into ruins they know nothing about, for goals that are unclear and with a support network that is unreliable. Considering our tenuous social situation in the village, our injured leg and the infant that we need to take care of, I don't think we should be joining this expedition at all.

Hence, 2B is the smart choice for a smart adventurer.

In fact, I think we should tell Father MacClellan what it is they're trying to do, so that we don't have to set out on a search-and-rescue party when they get in trouble, which is exactly what I think will happen with 2B. However, this is the bitch snitch option, so I don't think it has a chance of winning
I think going into the ruins with the group is dumb, but I'm down for showing up last minute to save them.
They already have a search-and-rescue party on their tail, they just don't want to be found and rescued by them.

It is wishful thinking to hope that we get to be the smart kid who saves everyone and becomes a village hero when we run a chance of simply sitting this one out doing chores like the option says we would. You want adventure, you take adventure.

The kids are pretty obviously doing it for a dare, like any kids exploring haunted (i.e. dilapidated) houses or abandoned construction sites. And just like those, this is an immensely bad and dangerous idea.

Never stopped anyone. :M
Nevill has convinced me:

flopping back to
1. D - Sherlock
2. A2

Well, tbh I have been thinking about it ever since treave told us we had 5 point of dex instead of 4... Plus Baltika9 simping didn’t help either. :M

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
also, magic swords? sure, wouldn't throw one away

perhaps up here on the 20th floor we haven't heard of it, but this is the 20th century and we need a magic firearm (and it suits our guy better)

bergman1893.png
luger1900.jpg

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wait what the fuck, C was added? I change my vote to C2>C1>A1>A2

And I'll change my choice of book to B.

Kz3r0

Arcane
C is the worst of all, nothing suspicious about the foreign strange kid stalking other kids, especially if something goes wrong.
We are also renouncing the strength of a party to make a solo run.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
“Don’t tease him, Scotty,” interjects Andrew calmly. “Now’s not the time for that. No, we have grander things in mind. You’ve seen the airship passing above our village earlier, haven’t you? Well, Scotty knows what they’re here for.”

Popular guys doesn't give a shit about us. He stops the bullying because it's distracting from glory seeking, ill advised venture. Again, let's not fall for it. We should go for B2 if only to protect the the Priest. He's been a bro. He would be devastated if his daughter, rude though she may be, was injured/killed. Responsibility Fish!

Amended vote due to new options.
C > E > Anything that isn't G
B2>B1

Zerafall

Novice
1. D
2. A2

Our character has shown himself to be both curious and intrepid in indulging that curiosity, so I feel like mystery novels would appeal to him. And someone has to keep these stupid kids out of trouble, and it may as well be the guy with 8 CON.

Baltika9

Arcane
===Early poll===

==1st choice==
A - 0
B - 8
C - 4
D - 4 (7)
E - 4
F - 1 (0)
G - 2 (0)
==2nd choice==
A1 - 2
A2 - 11 (12)
B1 - 7 (8)
B2 - 2 (1)
C1 - 1 (0)
C2 - 0
Tigranes - B A1
Baltika9 - G>D B1>B2
Nevill - E A2
Absinthe - G>D B1>C1>C2
ItsChon - B C1>C2>A1>A2
Kz3r0 - E B
Kipeci - B>!G B2
ERYFKRAD - C A2
Nahel - D A2
Azira - B>E>F>A>C>D A2
hello friend - E A2
CappenVarra - E B
Storyfag - C B
baud - B>C A2
Grimgravy - C>E>!G B2>B1
Lambchop19 - D>!G A2
Life of the Party - B>C>D A2
Esquilax - F>D A2
oscar - C>E B
a bear named spigot - B A2
zerafall - D A2
asxetos - B A1
MoistCloister - D>B B1>A1

===

More like metagaming, and that's a fair accusation. I'm expecting them to not come back by the time its dark, and for Hunt3r Boi to get worried. Then again, that was never my main argument against joining this 'expedition.'

This was:
TL;DR

Hence, 2 B1 is the smart choice for a smart adventurer.
A2 is taking a strong lead, tho, so I think it's fair to call this for B A2. I sincerely hope that I won't get to say 'I told you so.'
Plus Baltika9 simping didn’t help either.
Weird flex, but okay.
:lol:
And someone has to keep these stupid kids out of trouble, and it may as well be the guy with 8 CON.
And our injured leg.

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
And our injured leg.
Hey, all I am seeing is that we can take on three more Hentai Nazguls before we are completely immobilized! :M

We should flop to C for the book choice to read about all the the cool one-eyed people with peg legs. The forum will supply the parrots.

Baltika9

Arcane
And our injured leg.
Hey, all I am seeing is that we can take on three more Hentai Nazguls before we are completely immobilized! :M
Or, the next one will take our leg off.

I wonder, will taking Rain with us expose her to the Holy Orders, and the secrets of the ruins to us, and get us a ticket out of this backwater?

asxetos is right when he says go all in: from my experience in the ways of the YOLOTIGER, you either go all in, or you don't go at all.
:yeah::yeah::yeah:
:flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw::flamesaw:

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
I wonder, will taking Rain with us expose her to the Holy Orders, and the secrets of the ruins to us, and get us a ticket out of this backwater?

[...] from my experience in the ways of the YOLOTIGER, you either go all in, or you don't go at all.
It's a great logic on par with "let's put an elven baby in an oven and see if it doesn't result in awesome magic".

Exposing a kid to every unknown and every danger will eventually cause disaster through sheer statistics. Then again, there is such a thing as dwarven daycare... It could also result in tough as nails kid that is incapable of being traumatized.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom