Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

jf8350143

Liturgist
You get to choose protagonist's gender and customise them a little bit, like hair style and tattoo.

Just wait for Ubisoft to bloat about diversity and choose your own story and choose who you want to fuck, then force you to have a baby with a random dude out of nowhere in the DLC again.

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
No gender choice this time

In Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla, you are Eivor, a fierce Viking warrior raised on tales of battle and glory. Explore a dynamic and beautiful open world set against the brutal backdrop of England’s Dark Ages. Raid your enemies, grow your settlement, and build your political power in your quest to earn your place among the gods in Valhalla.

WRITE YOUR VIKING SAGA–Advanced RPG mechanics allow you to shape the growth of your character and influence the world around you. With every choice you make, from political alliances and combat strategy to dialogue and gear progression, you will carve your own path to glory.

VISCERAL COMBAT SYSTEM –Dual-wield powerful weapons such as axes, swords, and even shields to relive the ruthless fighting style of the Viking warriors. Brutally decapitate your foes, vanquish them from afar, or stealthily assassinate targets with your hidden blade. Challenge yourself with the most varied collection of deadly enemies ever found in an Assassin’s Creed game.

A DARK AGE OPEN WORLD–Sail from the harsh and mysterious shores of Norway to the beautiful but forbidding kingdoms of England and beyond. Immerse yourself in the Viking way of life through fishing, hunting, drinking games, and more.

LEAD EPIC RAIDS –Launch massive assaults against Saxon troops and fortresses throughout England. Lead your clan in surprise attacks from your longship and pillage enemy territories to bring riches and resources back to your people.

GROW YOUR SETTLEMENT–Construct and upgrade buildings that allow for deep customization, including a barracks, blacksmith, tattoo parlor, and more. Recruit new members to your clan and personalize your Viking experience.

MERCENARY VIKINGS–Create and customize a unique Viking raider within your clan and share it online with friends to use during their own raids
Actually

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...torytelling-by-giving-you-a-viking-settlement

One thing the trailer doesn't tell you is that Eivor can be played as either male or female, and that your choice of gender is only part of the customisation you'll get. Beards, tattoos and war paint options will be available to pick from. Your gear will also be customisable, Laferrière says, as will your Viking longboat. (Oh, and you get a Viking longboat.) Why does the trailer focus on the male version of Eivor only, I asked? The answer, as was the case with Odyssey's Kassandra and Alexios, is that the marketing will "showcase both at different points".

Which should have been obvious seeing as Eivor is a female name.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Ok trailer. The duel was kewl, rest was kinda meh.

I dont mind wahmen warriors in games, it just fucks with the immersion.
Many times in Odyssey when fighting greek or spartan soldiers I just get thrown off when hearing female sound effects.
For a game pushing history and authenticity in marketing its just in bad taste. Bleh

Quillon

Arcane
Just wait for Ubisoft to bloat about diversity and choose your own story and choose who you want to fuck, then force you to have a baby with a random dude out of nowhere in the DLC again.

You deserve it if you are a male and played as a female :D

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-screenshots-1.jpg

Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-screenshots-4.jpg

Assassins-Creed-Valhalla-screenshots-5.jpg

So, there is hunting, fishing & dice. And Viking rapping?
Anyway, decapitation, dual wield axes, dual wield shields, ability to bash push and other shit in combat.

Stealth has some cover yourself in mud & snow stuff. There is a homestead to upgrade as well.
They also got the Revelations & Black Flag writer back, so you don't have to cringe at the story. Overall I am optimistic.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Ah yes, god forbid a male play as a female character in a role playing game, because that goes against the whole purpose of role play, aka only playing as someone as similar to yourself as possible.

Duralux for Durabux

Ah yes, god forbid a male play as a female character in a role playing game, because that goes against the whole purpose of role play, aka only playing as someone as similar to yourself as possible.
Playing as a female while being a man is a bit androgynous, don't you think?

Quillon

Arcane
because that goes against the whole purpose of role play, aka only playing as someone as similar to yourself as possible.

You don't need to change genders to play as someone else. I find it weird but I'm only kidding, play as whatever you like.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I already have to be a male in real life, I don't wanna have to play as a male in games too :M

Duralux for Durabux

I already have to be a male in real life, I don't wanna have to play as a male in games too :M
100% chance out of 100 male players choosing female play as a female because they want to enjoy the body of their character.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Looked like a "Vikings" trailer, and that's not a compliment.

Fishing, building a settlement and sieges are all things I missed in my AC games. Finally, we have them. I hope they will add farming too. And watching paint dry.

Greenante

Novice
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's better getting to play female in a game so I can experience some of their privilege for once. No more feeling useless when I can't pay for McDonald's.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
100% chance out of 100 male players choosing female play as a female because they want to enjoy the body of their character.

Played as woman in shadowrun hong kong and that game barely let you see your character... Maybe people just enjoy playing the oposite gender.

Deleted member 7219

Looks to be Epic store and Uplay only according to the main page.

All Assassin's Creed games have been Uplay since, at least, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, maybe even Assassin's Creed IV, if I recall correctly. You can buy on Steam but you have to play through Uplay.

Duralux for Durabux

All Assassin's Creed games have been Uplay since, at least, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, maybe even Assassin's Creed IV, if I recall correctly. You can buy on Steam but you have to play through Uplay.
Uplay is atrocious and they deserve to burn in hell for charging the player to play with this shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom