Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [LP CYOA] Tower

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
No, I think the girls won't encounter anything they can't handle if we don't come with them. In fact, I think that each girls' greatest threat is the other; I fully expect them to get into a catfight in our absence and I see no reason for us to accompany them.

Like I said above, I expect them to whine every step of the way, and then whine about how useless and lame (+M) we were to their friends. Do we really want to be putting up with this for the next update or two:
They are both useless and disunited. They might actually need someone with them to stay together, else they will either each go their own way, or be too busy calling each other names to notice something truly dangerous (and Elizabeth has just walked into a trap, so it's not without precedent).

Elizabeth does her thing to show that Sophie is a hussy who would double date anyone, even a village freak, and Sophie resents us for it. Without Andrew around they don't have that much of an impetus to use us as a scapegoat. They would probably still do it, it would just lack the bite. Plus, as I said, they would still need us to back them up when they inevitably going to disagree about everything.

And I find it funny that the prospect of dealing with a girl giving us a stinkeye is the last straw for you when we dealt with worse for years without so much as a grunt of complaint. If anything does happen, you'll be taking it out on the priest.

I think the three reasons for which we chose this expedition were:
* To have an adventure
* To socialize and stop being a pariah
* To be the "adult" you know the kids won't be
I think some of the choices map better to certain reasons than others.

Baltika9

Arcane
I think the three reasons for which we chose this expedition were:
* To have an adventure
* To socialize and stop being a pariah
* To be the "adult" you know the kids won't be
I think some of the choices map better to certain reasons than others.
Yeah, this about sums it up. I would also like to make friends along the way, if at all possible. A perfect outcome for me would be conscription into the Knightly Order, but I doubt that's even on the table.

I'm sure that Andrew can take care of himself and Scotty, and I'm fairly sure that the Twins can take care of each other, or at least not die before we find them. The girls, though, could either spend their whole time bickering until the rest of the gang finds them, or they could split up and get hurt or die. I'm personally not attached to either of them, but them getting into trouble could fall on our head. We're the new guy in the group, which means we're the likely fall guy. That's just how packs of children work. And we do owe it to Father McClellan to keep his airheaded daughter safe, and they both Liz and Sophie could yet surprise us. On the other hand, I do think the Twins are cool.

As for the first choice, c'mon guys, let's get some sarcasm and cynical humour in our life and become (even more) like Geralt. Our life certainly justifies it.

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I like that our guy takes everything extremely seriously. An outing in the woods? Must bring an entire backpack worth of supplies!

Baltika9

Arcane
Yeah, that's not only adorable because of his precociousness, but also very pragmatic. However, getting some humour and sarcasm to make fun of the underprepared twits we're surrounded by won't change that, and make for a more fun/funny character.

Absinthe

Arcane
1B

As for 2, the good news about C is that the girls are most likely to defer to us instead of trying to boss us around, which would be a fucking disaster waiting to happen. The bad news is, they're probably dead weight. Still, I think I'd take dead weight over people who'll treat us like we're expendable.

Voting D - Leave > C.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Point taken. I was thinking to quietly stalk behind one of the groups, but that's not workable with a falling ceiling. In that case, amending my vote to D - Leave > C.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

You were not aware that a baby could look betrayed, but you are now. For some reason, Rain had sensed that you were going to leave her behind, and the feeling of utter disappointment and sadness emanating from her while in Madam Daviana’s arms had almost made you change your mind. Still, she had not kicked up a fuss, against your expectations.
Fug. Dem feelz. :(

A - straightforwardness is good and all, but a wry sense of humor has its own merits.
C - let's see how Andrew and Scotty fair on their own (my guess is that Scotty dies and we get blamed if we go with them, even though it will make no sense that a ten-year-old could be responsible for anything). Still, we went with our patron's daughter rather than rat her out, so it's somewhat our responsibility to take care of her dumb ass.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigranes

Arcane
Amending to

BB > BC

I think the point about the girls being useless is well taken. We might as well try and get the Astra out of it if we can.

Andrew and Scotty will probably get into the most trouble, but that's fine with us.

Absinthe

Arcane
Flopping my second vote to B>A>C. So my vote is currently,

B
B>A>C

I feel like we have a better chance at winning the twins over than the two whores. And I'll take the boys over the whores because they increase our chances of finding an Astra, even if we would have to compete with them to secure it.
2B feels like a terrible idea to me. The twins are the most likely to put up a united front against us and most likely to make us risk our neck over theirs at every turn. There's no way we're going to be part of their circle. "You don’t think you’ve ever seen the twins disagree on anything." is a strong sign of how group democracy is going to go in 2B. 2A is the group that's most likely to end up successful, since douchebaggery aside Andrew and Scotty both seem to have some notions of what they're doing and qualifications to handle the dive (Andrew even has an astra). But with 2A we're also likely to have last pick on any astras we find and end up being treated as their workhorse and tag-along. I doubt we'll end up with good loot or cred, so we won't exactly get to enjoy that success. 2C is the group that's most likely to listen to us and also most likely to fall into danger if we are not there for them. And if McClellan's daughter ends up in danger on an adventure we were involved in, we will have problems too, so we need to go with them if we want to make sure they make it out okay.

Last edited:

Andrew and Scotty will probably get into the most trouble, but that's fine with us.
Never go with Theseus, bro.

ePSjOwz.png

2B feels like a terrible idea to me. The twins are the most likely to put up a united front against us and most likely to make us risk our neck over theirs at every turn. There's no way we're going to be part of their circle. "You don’t think you’ve ever seen the twins disagree on anything." is a strong sign of how group democracy is going to go in 2B. 2A is the group that's most likely to end up successful, since douchebaggery aside Andrew and Scotty both seem to have some notions of what they're doing and qualifications to handle the dive (Andrew even has an astra). But with 2A we're also likely to have last pick on any Astras we find and end-up being treated as their workhorse and tag-along. I doubt we'll end up with good loot or cred, so we won't exactly get to enjoy that success. 2C is the group that's most likely to listen to us and also most likely to fall into danger if we are not there for them. And if McClellan's daughter ends up in danger on an adventure we were involved in, we will have problems too, so we need to go with them if we want to make sure they make it out okay.
Pretty much THIS yeah.

:bro:

Baltika9

Arcane
===Poll===

==1st choice==
A - 7
B - 12

==2nd choice==
A - 0
B - 6
C - 11 (12)
D - 1 (0)

Baltika9 - AB
Azira - AB
a bear named spigot - AC
Grimgravy - AC
CappenVarra - A C>B>A
baud - AC
Lambchop19 - AC
MoistCloister - AC

Kz3r0 - BC
Nevill - BB
hello friend - BB
Kipeci - BC
ItsChon - B C>A
Tigranes - BB>BC
ERYFKRAD - BX
Life of the Party - BC
Zerafall - BC
Absinthe - B D>C
oscar - BC>BB
EgoSphere - BB

===

Looks like 2C is leading by a good and growing margin. I'm cool with that, but I think I'll keep to 2B so that I can be smug if 2C doesn't work out.

Let's get sarcastic up in here. We're already an emotionless brick, let's not be a boring emotionless brick. Vote 1A to develop a sense of humour that laughs in the face of our misfortune and at the nincompoops we're surrounded by!

Last edited:

oscar

Arcane
BC > BB

We shall stay earnest and while John seems okay we owe it to the priest to look after his daughter. Group A will see us simply used as a mule for carrying things. If we were physically more powerful I might join forces with them but we have nothing to offer them but endurance (they sure as hell won't listen to our suggestions either). The twins will also present an obvious front against us and override any of our input (and also likely use us as a scapegoat if anything goes wrong).

Baltika9

Arcane
Locking votes at BC, time to find a secret martial arts manual in the depths of the dungeon. :M
Elvish Martial Arts? It seems that even the Elder Races understand the righteous ways of the Great Fist God.

Ave Zhang Jue. :salute:

This message was sponsored by the Zhang Jue Appreciation Society.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom