Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Terenty

Liturgist
Meh, they didn't even kill the main lesb chick, pussies

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Buahahahahahaha angryjoe had become full on nazi boy lol,i remember when he was throwing tantrums when orange guy got elected :). It is amazing how those people managed to annoy even hardcore retard democrats like this cunt :).

Sentinel

Arcane
So we are living in times when no one cares about the gameplay and single leak can kill your emotionally engaging geam?

What gameplay? It's a story fag series, excessively so. If the story is shit there's nothing left.
TLoU had some pretty fun gameplay. The crafting system was executed almost flawlessly imo. Especially on higher difficulties.

Terra

Cipher
The young girl, Ellie or whatever her name is, is she killed too?
No, I just got off the phone with Neil, apparently they wanted the ending of Last of Us 2 to mirror the first game, so at the end you'll see Ellie back on the operating table, but it's not about finding a cure this time. No, instead she'll be undergoing the vital gender reassignment surgery necessary to return as the triumphant protagonist in the next game.

Seari

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I dunno guys playing as a tranny terminator and smacking women around seems like a fun time. I would actually play this if it was on PC.

cosmicray

Savant
What gameplay? Imagine if any game based on Gameplay like any of the Mario games or Racing/Sports/Online Shooter/MOBA/Fighting games etc. got "spoiled" instead of an Interactive movie game with lots of Cutscenes. "Oh the princess is in another castle and in the end Mario rescues the princess!" Like anybody would care lol

What if it was revealed Mario was gay? Everyone would care then.
Plus... you potentially could spoil the gameplay by revealing some details about levels and mechanics.

ultimanecat

Arcane
The thing is, you can’t spoil good gameplay just like you can’t spoil going down a waterslide or getting a blowjob simply by describing the process. Even if I know the basics of what’s going to happen, the experience itself is the whole point.

Unfortunately, there is an entire class of dickless weirdos out there who actively want to take gameplay out of games. It’s okay to be a storyfag for the occasional game or two but game stories on the whole just ain’t that good, and definitely aren’t worth basing your entire relationship with the hobby on.

The thing is, you can’t spoil good gameplay just like you can’t spoil going down a waterslide or getting a blowjob simply by describing the process. Even if I know the basics of what’s going to happen, the experience itself is the whole point.

Unfortunately, there is an entire class of dickless weirdos out there who actively want to take gameplay out of games. It’s okay to be a storyfag for the occasional game or two but game stories on the whole just ain’t that good, and definitely aren’t worth basing your entire relationship with the hobby on.

How can you shit this out on a site dedicated to RPGs of all places. Best game ever here by user vote is a story-driven game with shit gameplay.

Basing your entire relation with games on their stories is as viable as basing it on gameplay. No matter how bad they tend to be, no other media can deliver story in a ways games can.

TL; DR
Fuck off with this gameplay elitist bullshit to Mario forums, cuck.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'd be more inclined to look favorably at story fag games if it wasn't for the fact writing in games is complete and utter shit for like 99% of them.

Codex Year of the Donut
The claim that it was obtained by someone who wasn't an employee/through hacking of some sort doesn't pass the smell test.
The most obvious part is that if they had access to an actual build they would have leaked it. Not to mention, how could they have played it without a PS4 developer's kit?
So did Naughty Dog just have hours of gameplay footage on their servers that were accessible via the internet? Why?

Codex Year of the Donut
Quarantine/remote work
That doesn't explain away having the gameplay footage on their servers. Most people(especially lowly paid QA plebs) have shit upload speeds in USA, uploading a multi-hour 1080p video would take forever.
If they had access to the build, what I posted above applies: Why not just leak the build, and how did they play it without a devkit?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
czjcryxibnw41.jpg

Edit: This is a tweet from 2017 and it looks like he hated Joel ... which makes sense.

Last edited:

Citizen

How can you shit this out on a site dedicated to RPGs of all places. Best game ever here by user vote is a story-driven game with shit gameplay.

PST is an overrated game, the rick&morty of RPG genre, favoured by 'muh philosophy, deepest shit ever' crowd. But there are also JA2, ToEE, KoTC, etc. that are among the best PC games ever, period. Exactly for their great gameplay

cosmicray

Savant
If experience is the whole point it wouldn't matter who's(genderwise) doing it, would it?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Basing your entire relation with games on their stories is as viable as basing it on gameplay

No because gameplay is the intrinsic quality that makes game, well you know games.

I'd be more inclined to look favorably at story fag games if it wasn't for the fact writing in games is complete and utter shit for like 99% of them.
but games with good gameplay are plentiful, amirite?

Much more so than games with good writing yeah.

PST is an overrated game, the rick&morty of RPG genre, favoured by 'muh philosophy, deepest shit ever' crowd. But there are also JA2, ToEE, KoTC, etc. that are among the best PC games ever, period. Exactly for their great gameplay
I didn't say that good gameplay is bad, non-existent or less important than story. I said that playing games just for their story is fine, cause videogames have unique ways of telling them, that no other media has.

Planescape was mentioned as a proof- a game built primarily on it's story can be great as well.

Also if you think Planescape is very deep or complicated, you are not in position to talk about stories, because you are probably retarded and anything beyond ''save world, chosen one'' overloads your brain.

Van-d-all

Erudite
Standin' pretty. In this dust that was a city.
So... Essentially the outrage is all about Joel's plot armor not being thick enough to survive a tranny? I mean, OK, "Trannies in muh gaem, reeee". I can understand that. But going bonkers about a character dying seems rather AerisDIESchildish to me. Or am I missing something?

So... Essentially the outrage is all about Joel's plot armor not being thick enough to survive a tranny? I mean, OK, "Trannies in muh gaem, reeee". I can understand that. But going bonkers about a character dying seems rather childish to me. Or am I missing something?
Nah, everyone expected him to die anyway. But his death is a dumb shock twist,and after he gets golfed, you are forced to play as his killer and track down second main character of the first game to kill her.

Also main cast consists of lesbian, bi, cuck, trans and female bodybuilder (one descriptor per character), which people think ruins atmosphere and setting of post-apocalypse.

Norfleet

I think there's a difference between a supporting cast member getting wasted in the same game that she was introduced in, vs. the protagonist of the previous game being seen as callously and purposelessly killed off to be replaced by an apparently much less liked protagonist. The tranny allegation remains unproven, although I would be very surprised if steroids are not involved.

The REAl question is why we, over here on the PC Master Race side, should actually care about this aside from watching it burn for the drama and memes. Cuz really, a console-only third-person shooter? Eww....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom