Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
i don't understand... sullynathan, why do you defend sjw bullshit? and defend druckmann?

every post here critical of last of us 2 or of druckmann has a negative rating of some kind by you, sullynathan. why?

sullynathan

Arcane
i don't understand... sullynathan, why do you defend sjw bullshit? and defend druckmann?

every post here critical of last of us 2 or of druckmann has a negative rating of some kind by you, sullynathan. why?
It was funny when everyone was shitposting 10 pages ago, but now not so much. Especially when users would rather just go with the misinformation and ignore the clarifications that came afterwards..

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

It was funny when everyone was shitposting 10 pages ago, but now not so much. Especially when users would rather just go with the misinformation and ignore the clarifications that came afterwards..

21dj640tqqw41.jpg

sullynathan

Arcane

21dj640tqqw41.jpg
Game will probably have a >90 meta score.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Imagine how tragic it would've been for us if back in the day someone had spoiled X-COM, Doom, Master of Magic for us. Hell, lets even throw Monkey Island since it's also story heavy like this game is. Oh, wait, it wouldn't make a difference. None of these games were carried solely by a story, or any story at all. I think people are missing the larger issue here, which is the fact that these devs wasted years on what is essentially a useless product now. People would've still bought it for the fun gameplay even if the plot was spoiled, but it doesn't have fun gameplay. Customers have no reason to buy this anymore since it has a hyper focus on story and any kind of gameplay that exists within it is merely functional at best.

vota DC

Augur
So... Essentially the outrage is all about Joel's plot armor not being thick enough to survive a tranny? I mean, OK, "Trannies in muh gaem, reeee". I can understand that. But going bonkers about a character dying seems rather AerisDIESchildish to me. Or am I missing something?
Because they believed that Joel was dead instead is alive only to meet a pissy end.

If you read the review of ltou1 that is labeled as "best game ever, It isn't even a game, so immersion that you won't have fun. So emotional the fact that Joel sacrifice his life to save Ellie. Gameplay doesn't exists and infected ignore Ellie but the story is so engaging that you won't notice".

Imagine how tragic it would've been for us if back in the day someone had spoiled X-COM, Doom, Master of Magic for us. Hell, lets even throw Monkey Island since it's also story heavy like this game is. Oh, wait, it wouldn't make a difference. None of these games were carried solely by a story, or any story at all. I think people are missing the larger issue here, which is the fact that these devs wasted years on what is essentially a useless product now. People would've still bought it for the fun gameplay even if the plot was spoiled, but it doesn't have fun gameplay. Customers have no reason to buy this anymore since it has a hyper focus on story and any kind of gameplay that exists within it is merely functional at best.
To be fair, people who caught spoilers would still buy it, if the leaked story was good.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Game would have been much cooler if they subverted expectations, killed Ellie off, and had the game focus on Joel getting revenge. They could have wrote in them getting what they needed from Ellie in regards to synthesizing a possible cure so the first game wouldn't have been for naught.

User was nabbed fit

Nice try. Reported for cuck farming.

deuxhero

Arcane

21dj640tqqw41.jpg

Or even just a plot that's more than a single twist.

I can't think of a single way one could have leaked New Vegas and meaningfully damaged the product since the big end-game thing (battle for the dam) is obvious from the start and everything else would basicly just be spoiling a sidequest or some random thing the player can do as I think the only truly crit path stuff is go to Vegas>Kill House>Install Yes Man>Start Dam Fight.

Mask of the Betrayer? The curse is complicated enough it's hard to meaningfully spoil in anything short of a paragraph.
"The spirit eating is a priest of Kelemvor cursed for opposing the wall of the faithless"
leaves so much interesting stuff out and requires familiarity with FR lore to even understand the spoiler.

Deus Ex? The only real twist (UNATCO) happens relatively early into the game and you get told pretty flat out its corrupt right after the demo ends (Simons killing prisoner). Bloodlines? Closer, but even if you know about the bomb or the "Father", there's so much more to the plot.

Last edited:

ColCol

Arcane
Game would have been much cooler if they subverted expectations, killed Ellie off, and had the game focus on Joel getting revenge. They could have wrote in them getting what they needed from Ellie in regards to synthesizing a possible cure so the first game wouldn't have been for naught.

Ehhh. I honestly thought that game was going to amount to Joel having some serious regrets after basically making Ellie into a murderous monster.

Norfleet

Most RPGs handle "evil" very poorly, I know, I played most of them as such. Usually it''s either XP vs. money (BG, IWD), or "justforlulz" (VTMB, DeusEx). Overlord is a great game, but that's comedy evil, like Igthorn. I mean something more IRL, where evil doesn't really have any immediate gains or consequences and is more of an selfish egoism.
It's really the games that don't feature an "evil path" that really let you truly be evil. Games like CK2 have you obliterating entire noble houses just so the lines on the map will be clean. In a movie about you, you'd be villain, but on the other hand, what you do is for the good of the realm. But you're the Evil Empire. HOI4 lets you play as a Nazi and be LITERALLY HITLER. Stellaris lets you be Palpatine. So you can be absolutely evil as fuck, but there's none of that pointlessly mustache-twirling "evil" path there.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Being a whore for AAA-developers is hard work

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Even if you have a very story-focused game, leaks or spoiler don't really do much damage. I mean, do people stop playing and replaying PST because they know the ending? Of course not. Same with great books. If it's good, a spoiler can't do much damage to either gameplay or story

Norfleet

Science says spoilers aren't real, anyway.

Here's some spoilers:

1. Everyone makes it back to Earth alive.

2. The ship sinks.

3. The Spartans lose.

Strangely enough, the spoilers didn't render these unwatchable. Also, the entire spoiler text of the Lord of the Rings was published for decades before the movie was ever made.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Here's some spoilers:

2. The ship sinks.

3. The Spartans lose.

Strangely enough, the spoilers didn't render these unwatchable. Also, the entire spoiler text of the Lord of the Rings was published for decades before the movie was ever made.

There were a few studies in recent years that showed that spoilers can actually improve enjoyment of something, given that this something was good to begin with

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Here's some spoilers:

2. The ship sinks.

3. The Spartans lose.

There were a few studies in recent years that showed that spoilers can actually improve enjoyment of something, given that this something was good to begin with

1st study
https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51571027_Story_Spoilers_Don't_Spoil_Stories

Article that covers the 1st study and follow-up research
https://www.sciencealert.com/surpri...hance-our-enjoyment-of-stories-research-shows

Can't say anything how well researched it is, but to me intuitively, a good story can't be harmed by spoilers, but bad stories certainly can, because all they have is a TWIST

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom