Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Long Live Eroge! (Japanese H Games) *English Translated* [NSFW] Updated 07/16/17

Max Edge

Weebs doesn't know like real woman look and behave. I talk about this whole "moe" stuff. Do they have something without loli, inflation, scatology and zoofilia?

duanth123

Arcane
Finally.

https://twitter.com/MangaGamer/status/1002037882645860354

\

https://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1061

Evenicle_Story.jpg

deama

Prophet
Well, there's a new one out now: Treasure Hunter Claire
Anyone tried it?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Would be nice to update this thread duanth123 , a lot of things happened in the past 2 years, including the official English release of several of these games on Steam and Manga Gamer.

Also, I'm curious if anyone tried recent releases like Fuukan no Grasesta or Amayui Castle Meister.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Would be nice to update this thread duanth123 , a lot of things happened in the past 2 years, including the official English release of several of these games on Steam and Manga Gamer.

Also, I'm curious if anyone tried recent releases like Fuukan no Grasesta or Amayui Castle Meister.

I played Amayui Castle Meister. It is pretty forgettable, except for the very cool fact that your base is mobile. The game is shorter than Kamidori Alchemy Meister, the translation is pretty poor at this moment, and there are no branching paths, so there's not really any reason to replay it. If you are looking for a game similar in play to Kamidori Alchemy Meister, I'd recommend you try the older Himegari Dungeon Meister. It has multiple endings and a better translation.

Kamidori Alchemy Meister > Himegari Dungeon Meister > Amayui Castle Meister

Really, I wish Eushully would keep to this sort of gameplay. I haven't really liked their other styles.

flyingjohn

Arcane

I played Amayui Castle Meister. It is pretty forgettable, except for the very cool fact that your base is mobile. The game is shorter than Kamidori Alchemy Meister, the translation is pretty poor at this moment, and there are no branching paths, so there's not really any reason to replay it. If you are looking for a game similar in play to Kamidori Alchemy Meister, I'd recommend you try the older Himegari Dungeon Meister. It has multiple endings and a better translation.

Really, I wish Eushully would keep to this sort of gameplay. I haven't really liked their other styles.

Does the gameplay offer any refinements in terms of mechanics /dungeons/enemy variety?
I really don't care for story branching stuff.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Does the gameplay offer any refinements in terms of mechanics /dungeons/enemy variety?
I really don't care for story branching stuff.

Actually, I think it's just a tad of a step down. Look here:

https://eushully.fandom.com/wiki/Amayui_Castle_Meister:Characters
https://eushully.fandom.com/wiki/God_Catching_Alchemy_Meister:Characters

There are 10 characters that can join your party in the main game of Amayui Castle Meister. In Kamidori Alchemy Meister, you have 16 characters in your party from the main game. Kamidori also has more NG+ characters. Amayui does do an interesting thing where Kitori can change into different forms of herself with different abilities, but that was something that Himegari Dungeon Meister had done before. All in all, more characters to craft different equipment for and to mix and match in order to optimize the party.

Fia can someone four different elementals and Rosaline can summon two different ghosts in combat, so having a summoner is a new thing that Amayui does well and is different. That's a point in it's favor. I believe each character can only do one summons at a time.

There are more places to go in Kamidori, and the locations go up to level 90 difficulty for plenty of replay value. The highest level dungeon in Amayui is level 60. Amayui slightly edges Kamidori in enemy variety. 361 vs 333. Amayui has a new item slot for shoes, but Kamidori has a lot more unique armor items for the three main female characters.

Amayui is not a bad game at all, and the characters do play differently. If you liked Himegari and Kamidori, then I do recommend it. I just think that Amayui isn't as good as its two Meister predecessors. On another plus side, VNDB is saying that there is another SRPG coming out soon from Eushully called Tenmei no Conquista: https://vndb.org/v27691. Maybe we'll see a translation in 10 years.

--

A good hentai RPG is a rare gem. Most of the stuff that has come out in the last few years are shitty Final Fantasy clones made via RPGMaker. If we were to update this list I'd recommend the AliceSoft games being sold by mangagamer. Beat Blades Haruka, the Rance series, and Evenicle are all recommended. I had high hopes for other RPG translations, but I've found more disappointment than anything else. Such as the VenusBlood Frontier SRPG that had a localization kickstarter a couple years back, but that game is just bad and there's not much to redeem it.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Kamidori Alchemy Meister is really right there with Sengoku Rance on the top tier. Not only the mechanics are great and it's full of routes and content, the characters are actually likable. Himegari Dungeon Meister was a big downgrade in this sense.

To the list of good eroge RPGs I would add Yumina the Ethereal and Daibanchou (which is basically Sengoku Rance Lite). Eiyuu*Senki is also supposed to be a simpler version of Sengoku Rance, but apparently it's TOO simple and they later made a GOLD version that improves things. JAST promised to officially translate it as well, so I'll probably wait for that to play it.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Daibanchou is a really good game, but man does it get pretty dark. I know Daiteikoku is not considered a good game, but I wish someone would revise and fully translate Daiteikoku. We don't have enough space SRPGs.

Jaedar , Ayumi is a lot more innocent than Himegari, so that's a plus for it there. Yeah, I don't understand what the hell is wrong with the Japanese. The Bunny Black series would be highly recommended if it didn't have the brief loli portions. I wonder if that's why no one fully translated Bunny Black 3.

Eiyu*Senki was so easy it was hardly a game and more a visual novel broken up with party management. It's charm was its utter ridiculousness. I didn't even know about a gold edition, but I'm interested.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Playing some decent ninja card game and having some fun.
HEY YOU! HOW ABOUT SOME TORTURE SHIT AND THEN LOLI AND WHY NOT COMBINE BOTH LATER.And of course the loli route is the true route.
Fuck me.

I guess i am gonna list some interesting eroge/vn. Btw i can't speak jap for shit so i am only looking at gameplay.

Blue flow and blue blaster.
From the people that made power dolls. Similar mecha gameplay.

132830.jpg

132906.jpg

Castle fantasia,this one has a english translation.
It starts out quite tough and after that fizzles out very quickly.I heard later games in the series are better.

6667.jpg

Sakura dungeon with Abyssal Makeover mod. The game was already mentioned in the op but i would like to mention the mod because it actually makes the game challenging.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Played 2 hours of Fuukan no Grasesta, the latest one from Eushully. Really cool so far, shame that only part of the interface is translated.

i26oGan.png

xMK0Fwp.png

nVdKX64.png

jcCZsie.png

D6dVbRi.png

So far all party members are mercenaries that I must hire for a limited time. What's cool is that they all have non-combat skills, like lock-picking, read ancient texts, float in air current, etc, and they are used to explore the dungeons.

Characters can use spells and special attacks, but they have a limited number per rest. Combat encounters are usually large (and take a while), made to force you to spend your resources and rest (which also forces you to pay the mercs again).

Good stuff.

Nostaljaded

Savant
Played 2 hours of Fuukan no Grasesta, the latest one from Eushully. Really cool so far...
Dropped with no regrets after discovering enemies are scaled to party level. Was so disgusted to check whether there's an upper level limit for each map or only for specific maps.
Would probably play to completion if enemies are fixed levels/within a narrow-range.

Eushully games (for me) are about whether their gameplay is fun/enjoyable or not. Theirs are mostly standard harem games, not to forget their writing are nothing to shout about and, more often than not, too many words.
Many a times they are so near to producing successive games of decent gameplay.

Another game of theirs, Kami no Rhapsody, also dropped due to skill points, spell points (for all characters) & summon points are shared as a common pool with a low 15 point start & hard limit of 40.
Would also finish that if the usual SP/FP/Command points system in Princess General/Meister series is used instead. As among other things, it's hex-based with ZOC (zone of control) and offers 8-slots skill customizations albeit with a clunky UI.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Played 2 hours of Fuukan no Grasesta, the latest one from Eushully. Really cool so far...
Dropped with no regrets after discovering enemies are scaled to party level. Was so disgusted to check whether there's an upper level limit for each map or only for specific maps.
Would probably play to completion if enemies are fixed levels/within a narrow-range.
Yeah, also noticed this, makes things quite boring. Enemies can be much stronger than you, but never weaker or is less numbers. I hired 4 NPCs and went to the first area, encounters scaled up and became extremely tedious, with many monsters per battle AND multiple waves per encounter.

On the bright side, Tenbin no La Dea seems good so far. Have you played it?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Is the gameplay any good though?

I looked at one of those "first hour" videos on youtube and the combat looked incredibly simple and repetetive jrpg fair (the first mission quite literally seems to be "grind slime encounters for cash for 5 minutes").

flyingjohn

Arcane

Is the gameplay any good though?

I looked at one of those "first hour" videos on youtube and the combat looked incredibly simple and repetetive jrpg fair (the first mission quite literally seems to be "grind slime encounters for cash for 5 minutes").

Nope,it is boring as fuck.Get ikusa zero instead if you are in a mood for a jrpg.

Nostaljaded

Savant
...Tenbin no La Dea seems good so far. Have you played it?
Like most of the other Battle Goddess series, played the demo only.
Game mechanics seems all right but Tenbin's combat UI and control are odd, doesn't entice me to get the game though.

Eushully's coding is quite weak as exhibited in their AI for SRPGs and as for RPGs, the existence of transition screens within a single normal 2D size map (still present in their latest game, Fuukan no Grasesta).

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Yeah, I had a lot of hope for Eushully after playing Kamidori Alchemy Meister, with its great gameplay and oddly sweet story. You would think that a company that could put out that gem would have many more diamonds in the rough. But outside of the Meister series, many of their games just feel like a chore. Ikusa Megami Zero seems like a promising title at the start, but it gets dark and twisted to an extent that it's too disturbing, and its also a grind-fest to a ridiculous degree. I gave up shortly after the first act when the protagonist loses everything and has to start his life over. It's incredible to think that the two games were made by the same company. The artwork is of high quality but that's where the similarities end. I've tried Kami No Rhapsody on and off during the last year. The art is still high quality, and it is tactical, so I should love it, but somehow I still find it pretty dull.

For those that liked that Evenicle Review video that WhiskeyWolf posted, Sseth has a NSFW website here: https://www.ssethtzeentach.com/

I love his Sengoku Rance and Kamidori Alchemy Meister reviews, but his Space Station 13 review is comic gold

TigerKnee

Arcane
When did Sseth reviewed Sengoku?

For Eushully stuff, try Genrin No Kishogun 2 - it's basically a Shining Force clone.

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
When did Sseth reviewed Sengoku?

For Eushully stuff, try Genrin No Kishogun 2 - it's basically a Shining Force clone.

Oops, you're right. Zerodomai Kitsune reviewed Sengoku Rance, not Sseth. Not sure how I got that confused. Sseth reviewed the hentai Evenicle, Kamidori Alchemy Meister, Nekopara, and the semi-lewd rogue-like Elona. In hindsight, I'm shocked that he never reviewed the game.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I switched from Fuukan no Grasesta into Tenbin no La Dea, was a massive upgrade. No level scaling, complex combat, great artwork, fun exploration, tons of customization options.... the trash mob can be too easy at times, but the bosses and optional challenges force you to think.

Only issue so far is that the game takes a LOOOOOOONG time to give you party members. Even 6 hours in I still have only 2 characters, which feels like it limits my options. Still, the game is supposedly over 50 hours long, so I guess there's plenty of time to ramp things up.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Finally got a full party:

kTezhdK.png

Now I can fully review the combat: it's a waste of potential.

They have all these stats, elemental weakness & strengths, time-based attacks, several party members, cool items, etc.... but it's all very easy. The game has only one trick: slow but super strong attacks that 1-shot you. It looks scary at first, but death is basically part of the combat, as reviving is cheap and fast. All resources are extremely abundant. So you space your healers and just keep chipping away the enemies while reviving the party. And that's for the hard encounters. The dragon above is a boss 10 lvs higher than my party, but I beated it on Auto Battle, with only one character dying.

The game has 3 difficulty settings, but apparently the tactics never change. I checked some online reviews, you get people beating the game on the higher difficulty saying they used the same tactics the entire game, even on the optional endgame bosses. Really sad to see a system with so much potential wasted like this.

The exploration is fun, but knowing that the combat is just this kills any incentive to keep playing. :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom