Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i don't understand... sullynathan, why do you defend sjw bullshit? and defend druckmann?

every post here critical of last of us 2 or of druckmann has a negative rating of some kind by you, sullynathan. why?
lol because they let him rape teen girls in the EU,sandniggers got to defend their rights to harem of infidel slaves.

User was nabbed fit

0l3aIpu.png

lmao, the butthurt is real. :smug:

A horse of course

Imagine how tragic it would've been for us if back in the day someone had spoiled X-COM, Doom, Master of Magic for us. Hell, lets even throw Monkey Island since it's also story heavy like this game is. Oh, wait, it wouldn't make a difference. None of these games were carried solely by a story, or any story at all. I think people are missing the larger issue here, which is the fact that these devs wasted years on what is essentially a useless product now. People would've still bought it for the fun gameplay even if the plot was spoiled, but it doesn't have fun gameplay. Customers have no reason to buy this anymore since it has a hyper focus on story and any kind of gameplay that exists within it is merely functional at best.

Even if you have a very story-focused game, leaks or spoiler don't really do much damage. I mean, do people stop playing and replaying PST because they know the ending? Of course not. Same with great books. If it's good, a spoiler can't do much damage to either gameplay or story

I lost interest in PS:T after buying the PnP rulebooks. It has very little going for it beyond art and writing, and I can't see myself replaying it again for, at the earliest, another 8-10 years.

Ash

Arcane
"I have this much self-respect"
-People who like modern Naughty Dog games

cosmicray

Savant
Can't say anything how well researched it is, but to me intuitively, a good story can't be harmed by spoilers, but bad stories certainly can, because all they have is a TWIST
Still, the surprise part can be fun. Maybe you're not ruining the story per se, but if twist makes sense in the story, then at least surprise would be ruined. It's a twist and a bit of manipulation on writer's part, but if hero was also manipulated, then you have a common emotion. Which is good for a storytelling.

Btw, you could make a point that story is secondary in every type of art. Editing for movies, prose for books, rhyme in poetry, drawing in pictures aesthetically are more important than story. Same goes for games. But it is still quite important.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Sure, I'm not denying that a good twist can increase enjoyment of a story, but if a twist is all that's good about your story, then you have a problem. I mean I don't like the spoiler police and I find people who try to spoiler other peoples fun childish, but it's the internet, we all know the danger here

Sentinel

Arcane
Game is fighting with 7R for #1 spot in Amazon's top selling PS4 games. Seems like the spoilers didn't ruin it for the vast majority of people. According to the codex narrative, that means it's a good game and worth playing, as it's not all about the story!

:gumpyhead:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom