Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Dark Souls 3

It's interesting how so many people didn't finish DS3. I am myself stuck right now with Twin Princes, and just can't find motivation to power through it. That fight is not so hard per se, like I can generally dodge most of their attacks individually with ease, but it's so freaking long, with 2 phases, and full of stupid RNG-type shit. Like when in the 2nd phase, they send our the homing missiles and then while you are dodging those, randomly teleport behind you and one shot you. Or when they teleport and you cannot see their animation in the teleport haze, and sometimes they attacks super fast and other times with a delay, so basically you are RNG fucked, since some of those attacks will kill you outright.

I can dodge like 60-70 attacks in a row perfectly, then one tiny mistake or RNG, dead. Just a stupid fight.

Falksi

Arcane
I definitely started to slag around 3/4's of the way in as t ran out of ideas a bit, and became a bit repetitive. But I still managed to finish it.

Up until that 3/4's point I'd have rated it 8/10, after finishing it moe like 7/10

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It's interesting how so many people didn't finish DS3. I am myself stuck right now with Twin Princes, and just can't find motivation to power through it. That fight is not so hard per se, like I can generally dodge most of their attacks individually with ease, but it's so freaking long, with 2 phases, and full of stupid RNG-type shit. Like when in the 2nd phase, they send our the homing missiles and then while you are dodging those, randomly teleport behind you and one shot you. Or when they teleport and you cannot see their animation in the teleport haze, and sometimes they attacks super fast and other times with a delay, so basically you are RNG fucked, since some of those attacks will kill you outright.

I can dodge like 60-70 attacks in a row perfectly, then one tiny mistake or RNG, dead. Just a stupid fight.

First time I've played DaS3 I had a very retarded build and I think I've spent 4 hours on that boss.

The boss is not that hard but it was like I had a mental block.

The fight became easy once I understood the patterns and I tried to be less greedy.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
My latest creation :)

07A3D068C4C27D0332BDA9EFA08BCF519CD99AC8

917A9436D9F1299F4DB2159C91BAF01F5E7CD305

C2D58291DCDE2B710A8E16A84A7DEE3747932819

D3BEB911C80474A31D5E66175456BB2826E3E67B

I really wanted to get the Chloranthy +3 but for some reason I cannot fight the Pvp boss.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's interesting how so many people didn't finish DS3

it's so freaking long, with 2 phases, and full of stupid RNG-type shit

Challenge is only fun when the content is good. Late game challenge in Sekiro feels exhilarating because the content is excellent. Late game challenge in DS3 feels stupid, boring and obnoxious because the game is uninspired, disinterested, by-the-numbers shovelware. It lacks almost everything that made DS great. Everything except the animation fluidity, which is why it attracts brainless retards like Sully.

I'd recommend ditching the vanilla and playing through the DLCs instead. They are actually good. Well....above average. Slightly.

P.S.: Apparently mods fixed it. The word on the street is the newest version of the Cinders mod makes the game actually worthy its pedigree, just FYI.

Last edited:
Every time I try to finish it I just end up reinstalling DS2. :lol: Current DS2 run was also triggered by yet another failed DS3 attempt. But I will resume it after, gotta finish at least once, I paid for the damn thing. Maybe my problem is picking wrong builds. Initially I tried to go for sword and shield dude since that's what I did for first runs of DS1/2 as well but ended up not having much fun. Last attempt was shieldless after looking up some builds and seeing people praise the shit out of Sellsword Twinblades and how they're op as fuck, but I was getting stunlocked to death way too much with that shit so I stopped at Cathedral of the Deep. Gotta figure out a playstyle that I can actually enjoy.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Maybe my problem is picking wrong builds.

Maybe the problem is the builds in DS3 suck. It's got nothing on the DS2 build bonanza and any attempt to play this game like it's DS2 will end in tears.

Again, I cautiously recommend Cinders, it actually fixes all the idiotic systems like poise, weapon upgrades, alternative attacks, magic....basically everything that was broken or retarded in DS3. I.e. everything.

Yeah I don't want to play with mods before even finishing vanilla game. And also wouldn't that disable online functionality?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I really wanted to get the Chloranthy +3 but for some reason I cannot fight the Pvp boss.
You don't need to fight any boss for the +3 chloranthy ring, you just need to roll in a hole from the elevator in the Ringed City: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELVRMBvnQBg

Yeah. I just realized that after I beat the PvP boss :D

Some cunt named Niceguy was camping the boss and he had a very annoying build with throwing knives. I managed to beat him after 3 tries and it felt good.

My build is complete. I've put too many point in Vitality instead of Dexterity because ... I had to fuck up something. I still have respecs available at Rosaria.

Anyway, even this build is very effective in PvP because of Poise (did they patched that in !?). I can trade with almost 90% of the players and that's enough to win fights. It's a fool proof build :)

I really love R1 spamming idiots and UGS users :) They are funny. I'm also an R1 spamming idiot when I get an opening :D

Anyway, I win most 1vs1 fights but there are some people which I simply cannot touch :|

Next step would be to use a Spear and Bows but I really don't have the patience for this.

D315F732BBFB66079CAE7DCAFA42D6BFDE80AA2F

Many Sunlight Medals until I've switched to Pale Tongues :)
83430900C0D3C760A91EDEB7433CF7DA62187364

The host jumped into the abyss .. by mistake :)
37DB857F7B4A89B4E64ED9E9E570BDCD6610BB12

Killed an host right in front of Oceiros. Usually they don't fight and they go directly to the boss.
B154DEAE5D47A6A27FD2CB17DF57CC47C6BFA84C

This host went in the worst place in Unattended Graves. I just blocked the exit :)
C1F95731BB64EFF6FEA69481B0CB2102EA651819

Gank of 3 is down :) host + 2 concord summons
7AD6BDF09610C86DB3E5669AD32827671DDDDD40

This mod allows invasions in almost all areas:
https://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls3/mods/405

There are many people playing atm.
It looks like lvl40 is filled with edgy imbeciles but the experience is much better afterwards.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
It's interesting how so many people didn't finish DS3

it's so freaking long, with 2 phases, and full of stupid RNG-type shit

Challenge is only fun when the content is good. Late game challenge in Sekiro feels exhilarating because the content is excellent. Late game challenge in DS3 feels stupid, boring and obnoxious because the game is uninspired, disinterested, by-the-numbers shovelware. It lacks almost everything that made DS great. Everything except the animation fluidity, which is why it attracts brainless retards like Sully.

Late game challenge is PvP :P

Lutte

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sellsword Twinblades and how they're op as fuck

They are a boss shredder, the damage gets insane with the right setup. There's hands down no better weapon to fight bosses. They don't really help dealing with crowds of mobs though, the range and moveset isn't versatile. But that's why you can carry multiple weapons in the first place, right tool for the job and all.

praetor

Arcane
Sellsword Twinblades and how they're op as fuck

They are a boss shredder, the damage gets insane with the right setup. There's hands down no better weapon to fight bosses. They don't really help dealing with crowds of mobs though, the range and moveset isn't versatile. But that's why you can carry multiple weapons in the first place, right tool for the job and all.

as far as dex weapons go, the skeleton "small" curved sword was OP as fuck. 2h that bitch and you'd be shredding mobs left and right. don't know if they patched it since, but for me it was "easy mode" once i got it (and the warden twinswords with full on blood mode were ridiculous, but iirc they were nerfed in a patch)

Silverfish

Arbiter
Last attempt was shieldless after looking up some builds and seeing people praise the shit out of Sellsword Twinblades and how they're op as fuck, but I was getting stunlocked to death way too much with that shit so I stopped at Cathedral of the Deep. Gotta figure out a playstyle that I can actually enjoy.

The twinblades are cool, but they take a stupidly long time to become op. You'd need a huge luck investment, access to hollow infusions and cash to blow on bleeding buffs. They're a decent NG+ choice, but for a first run, they come up short. For what it's worth, you could do a lot worse than the great club. It's dropped really early, has reasonable strength requirements, and its damage scales well throughout the whole game.

Just killed the Twin Princes finally. I think this might be my most hated fight in all of Dark Souls franchise so far. There is nothing super difficult about any particular aspect of it, I can dodge any single attack, but the fact that it comes with 2 phases, and drags out forever, and has all these bullshit things that eventually "catch" you, and can easily one-shot you (teleport, losing targetting, alternating between delayed and super fast attacks, multiple spells/attacks at the same time, etc), just makes it so retarded.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Dude, i know, we were talking about the DS3 dragon form being goofy as shit.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom