Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Reading Camellia’s dialogue is making me think I may have found the first romance option in gaming history that might perk my interest in any way.

ChildInTime

Learned
Reading Camellia’s dialogue is making me think I may have found the first romance option in gaming history that might perk my interest in any way.
Someone is already writing dat steamy fanfiction. When they said she was crazy I didn't think they literally meant it.

>be banging my smoking hot half-elf gf
>she starts screaming to 'take her, daddy, take her like she took his still-beating heart from his chest'
>ok wtf
>finish up in a half hour or so, get dressed and get ready to bail
>she asks me how it was
>mumble something indistinct and she suggest that she'll do something to spice it up next time
>against better judgement, back again that night
>her game too strong
>she's sitting on her bed
>except her bed is now a pile of dead dogs
>she's wearing nothing but a collar
>suggests that I choke her like she choked the life out of her first puppy
>I polymorph into a wolf and leap out the window
>last thing I hear before I bolt into the undergrowth is 'Wait! I can work with that!'

ChildInTime

Learned
Woljif throwing shade at Kingmaker plot is pretty funny though. :incline:

>"{n}Woljif grins acidly.{/n} \"That's the spirit! You're already thinking like a deity! Talkin' about heresy and punishments — perfect! Look at it this way: you can be proud and poor, or a {mf|king|queen} and filthy stinking rich. You think maybe some Aldori are gonna come and offer you a barony because you're such a nice person? Yeah, right! We don't need to wait for favors! We'll grab them with our own hands! I mean, you will. And I'll be standing nearby, giving you advice.\""

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Player: You got perfectionist hedonist elven undead Inquisitor of Uragathoa who killed her family and Grand Theft Me her daughter's body to gain immortality. And you can redeem her. You can't make a companion who is more evil and not redeemable.

Owlcat: подержи мою водку

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Yeah so it is somewhat of a reverse PfK?
I'd say yes, but as details of the alpha test appear I think it's less about good vs. evil and more about law/order vs. chaos.

Chaotic in Kingmaker is hilarious. It lead me to the phrase I always wanted to through Tristian in the face. And the "true ending" is chaotic by nature, and both good and evil chaotics could see something in the Holy Salad. I think the most suitable alignment for the story of Kingmaker is Chaotic Good.

On the other hand, I think the main premise of the WotR will be law and order. In my opinion (which is based on, basically, nothing) the most interesting playthrough of WotR will be a Lawful one. As to stop the chaos that spreads out of the Worldwound.

But I wonder if the victory of order over chaos in the end would be so bitter that the whole demon invasion could be considered a better option...

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
But I wonder if the victory of order over chaos in the end would be so bitter that the whole demon invasion could be considered a better option...
That probably depends on the PC. I can't imagine things being pleasant for the world with a victorious Lich or Worm-that-Walks.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That probably depends on the PC. I can't imagine things being pleasant for the world with a victorious Lich or Worm-that-Walks.

They’ll gussy it up for the Swarm since Gaia and Mankind is Cancer. Will probably talk themselves into something with a variety of possible interpretations on Lich.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron

They’ll gussy it up for the Swarm since Gaia and Mankind is Cancer. Will probably talk themselves into something with a variety of possible interpretations on Lich.
I could see the possibility of a not-completely-terrible ending for a Lich, but not for the Swarm. I'm willing to bet the ending slide for that will be the Swarm alone on the planet after having eaten everyone, hungrily looking to expand in other Planes.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah so it is somewhat of a reverse PfK?
I'd say yes, but as details of the alpha test appear I think it's less about good vs. evil and more about law/order vs. chaos.

Chaotic in Kingmaker is hilarious. It lead me to the phrase I always wanted to through Tristian in the face. And the "true ending" is chaotic by nature, and both good and evil chaotics could see something in the Holy Salad. I think the most suitable alignment for the story of Kingmaker is Chaotic Good.

On the other hand, I think the main premise of the WotR will be law and order. In my opinion (which is based on, basically, nothing) the most interesting playthrough of WotR will be a Lawful one. As to stop the chaos that spreads out of the Worldwound.

I restarted my WotR playthrough to get some of that sweet CG goodness. Writers are hopelessly biased toward CG.

guestposting

Educated
The time travel stuff you can do as an Aeon sounds awesome. I just reloaded to right before the wardstone to destroy it for the Aeon (you meet a mostly dead Aeon when you find the weapon you can use to cleanse or destroy the wardstone) and take its ability to perceive anomalies.

ChildInTime

Learned
So, the dragon companion of Azata mythic path is named

Aivu, and she is just freaking sweet. I only wanted to play Lich, but now I'm all torn.

>Aivu looks at you with an expression of absolute despair on her face. {/ N} \" A terrible thought occurred to me. Horrible! What if my tongue is ugly?"

>"When I grow up, I can turn into whoever I want! In anticipation of this day, I began to make a list of what I want to become... To be honest, there's already almost four hundred points ..."

>" I would like to have a puppy, but a flightless pet is not suitable for dragons."

>"I like Lann, but he's terribly, terribly sad, even when he's joking. No, not like that: he is especially sad when he jokes. Everything is the other way around, I don’t understand this."

>"Regill - boo. Let's drive him away. Come on, please? \ "

>"Sosiel always smiles at me. But he draws me wrong! I tell him - add me a second tail, fluffy, and woolen paws, and you can also have a golden tuft of gold. He says - but you're not real. But who cares, how truly, if you can make it up?"

>If you look on the one hand, I like it, but on the other, I don’t like it that much. She always seems to tell me \ "hey, small fry! \" I'm certainly a little dragon, but still the dragon!"

>"Camellia is beautiful, but her spirit doesn’t want to talk with me. Maybe shy? \ ""

>"Woljif allowed me to pull his tail, so he is now twice as much my friend than before."

>"Nope. You are with me! By the way, we must not forget to ask the demons when we meet them next time - how are they not afraid to fight us already? ."

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler

Aivu, and she is just freaking sweet. I only wanted to play Lich, but now I'm all torn.

>Aivu looks at you with an expression of absolute despair on her face. {/ N} \" A terrible thought occurred to me. Horrible! What if my tongue is ugly?"

>"When I grow up, I can turn into whoever I want! In anticipation of this day, I began to make a list of what I want to become... To be honest, there's already almost four hundred points ..."

>" I would like to have a puppy, but a flightless pet is not suitable for dragons."

>"I like Lann, but he's terribly, terribly sad, even when he's joking. No, not like that: he is especially sad when he jokes. Everything is the other way around, I don’t understand this."

>"Sosiel always smiles at me. But he draws me wrong! I tell him - add me a second tail, fluffy, and woolen paws, and you can also have a golden tuft of gold. He says - but you're not real. But who cares, how truly, if you can make it up?"

>If you look on the one hand, I like it, but on the other, I don’t like it that much. She always seems to tell me \ "hey, small fry! \" I'm certainly a little dragon, but still the dragon!"

>"Camellia is beautiful, but her spirit doesn’t want to talk with me. Maybe shy? \ ""

>"Woljif allowed me to pull his tail, so he is now twice as much my friend than before."

>"Nope. You are with me! By the way, we must not forget to ask the demons when we meet them next time - how are they not afraid to fight us already? ."
Nice. Is she Romanceable? At what age is it morally fine to romance a dragon?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Why is the first question always "is she romanceable?"? And then having to qualify that with "is she old enough?"? If you have to ask that, she's probably too young for you, dude.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Why is the first question always "is she romanceable?"? And then having to qualify that with "is she old enough?"? If you have to ask that, she's probably too young for you, dude.
I don't have access to the Alpha. I'm just trying to cover my bases. For all I know the Dragon is anywhere between 2 months old to 6 thousand years old. I just want to romance a dragon and don't want to accidentally become a pedo because apparently there was some rule in some Pathfinder rule book declaring when a dragon reaches maturity from 6 years ago

ChildInTime

Learned
I don't have access to the Alpha. I'm just trying to cover my bases. For all I know the Dragon is anywhere between 2 months old to 6 thousand years old. I just want to romance a dragon and don't want to accidentally become a pedo because apparently there was some rule in some Pathfinder rule book declaring when a dragon reaches maturity from 6 years ago
She is
5 years old, give or take, so no, I don't think it's morally fine to romance her.

>"The elf is kind, but I'm a little afraid of her. And don’t tell anyone! - I almost got into a fight with her crow ."

>"You know, dragons usually grow with age, but I grow from your strength. So do not forget - I'm still a child. A huge scaly flying child, armed with planar magic"

>"I can’t tell you a lot about Elysium, but I lived there for only five years. Well, not counting the time I was an egg. Everything is very beautiful. A lot of things are growing and give beautiful fruits, but not everything can be eaten. You can’t fly everywhere, either. There are places where children are not allowed, although there are much less of them than here, on Golarion."

Dodo1610

Arcane

So you want to fuck this?
bf11e3d6ecbc83c08f68411d8d71168e.png

Well, I guess everyone has different tastes.

Trashos

Arcane

Hmmm.... I do not see it. All alignments are of course possible, but to me Kingmaker is best suited for Lawful.

Lacrymas

Arcane
No, this isn't an exhaustive list because there are also men you can romance. I don't remember the last time I played as a male character* (or romanced an NPC in a video game for that matter).

*Don't worry lesbian-stans, I haven't forgotten you

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

So you want to fuck this?
bf11e3d6ecbc83c08f68411d8d71168e.png

Well, I guess everyone has different tastes.
That will be some next level fetish lol. A snake pigeon fucking a dragon....it really makes you think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom