Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

XCOM: Chimera Squad - humans and aliens team up

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This they/them shit makes some of these descriptions really hard to follow.
It is new but one gets used to it.

Speaking of prounouns, I owe nil an apology. The they/them pronouns are in the ability descriptions, but not in the character biographies. 100% of the bios refer to the characters as he or she. So either the abilities and bios were written by different teams, or the ability descriptions were indeed simply written gender neutral because they were penned before character designs were complete.

Last edited:

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Chimera squad: LGBT+ edition.

Feminist strong independent women VS retarded white males.

Those who pay for this sh1t, just support the decline. GJ.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Imagine how interesting this could have been, XCOM: Otherside. You play as the newly liberated aliens fighting back against the vengeful, xenophobic (realistic) human groups in the wake of xcom's success. Your objective wouldn't be destruction or domination of humanity again, just achieve a specific goal in a short campaign like fight your way to an alien tech facility that has a vessel that can get your people off-world.
Or just trying to cobble together a few working ufos, weapons, etc so that you can negotiate for rights under the threat of starting HCOM.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Welp, sure enough, my ironman game got the "no equipment" bug, so I'm putting this down possibly indefinitely. Let's see how far Troubleshooter dips in the next sale.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Welp, sure enough, my ironman game got the "no equipment" bug, so I'm putting this down possibly indefinitely. Let's see how far Troubleshooter dips in the next sale.
An unfortunate but not unexpected conclusion.

Here's hoping the coming months will be kinder to this game than this thread has been.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
They actually missed a good chance to bring all this intersectional, tribal group politics shit to a close and have all of us join together to wipe the floor with green alien blood.

But no, they decided that even future-us must cave to the Overton window, which will become the Overton orb, I guess. In the 1950s sci-fi movies there was always that scientist who wanted to understand the alien monster and find a peaceful solution. Thankfully, 1950 movie makers knew this was a retarded side-plot and ended it by having the alien monster eat the scientist.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can fix that bug with console commands. That is how I did it. Just google it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
For those stuck in game-breaking ironman bugs - I've had two so far. Both could be fixed with the console like ArchAngel says. Just FYI

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
This game is fucking fantastic. Buggy as hell, but bloody great besides. Reminds me of Blackguards (the first one) in the way that it succeeds because of its clear, narrow focus. Infinitron Darth Roxor and other Blackguards-lovers
Blackguards is a much better game than Chimera.

Oh I agree (Blackguards is my favourite game of its decade), it's just that the reason it works is similar.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Don't forget that after liberation from mind control aliens are not actually just one race. They need to sort things not just with humans but between themselves too. Sure - 5 years is perfectly fine.

eXalted

Arcane
hekjithtu4z41.png

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
"If you do not mind," Alia hissed. He motioned for her to continue, and she moved forward, "I wish to ask why, or rather how, you did not... stare at me last night? It was embarrassing, but I'm not offended by the reactions of the others."

He shrugged, "They're probably just surprised that you have breasts like a mammal." Upon seeing her expression, he added "Oh, come on. My eyes are drawn to motion- of course I saw what was underneath that kevlar. I just chose to look away and focus making sure you didn't get killed."

"This much I understand," she nodded, "But how? Why? Please pardon my insistence, Leonidas, but I must know. Were you... um... displeased by what you saw?"

Fucking site won't let me copy/paste just so it could do max san damage.

Mortmal

Arcane
So, what's the state of the game right now? Any updates fixing the bazillion bugs?
It's playable , manage to finished it, some games here like kingmaker got a free pass while it was impossible to do so....

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, what's the state of the game right now? Any updates fixing the bazillion bugs?
It's playable , manage to finished it, some games here like kingmaker got a free pass while it was impossible to do so....
Because PKM had redeeming qualities. Chimera is barely playable and fun. It keeps you engaged for 5 hours and then gets boring.

Mortmal

Arcane
Because PKM had redeeming qualities. Chimera is barely playable and fun. It keeps you engaged for 5 hours and then gets boring.
25 hours , of course it gets repetitive after xcom1 and xcom 2, its the same thing reskinned, with a few more abiltiies.

ArchAngel

Arcane
25 hours , of course it gets repetitive after xcom1 and xcom 2, its the same thing reskinned, with a few more abiltiies.
Xcom 1 and Xcom 2 were much more fun and challenging. Chimera is a joke of a game.

Mortmal

Arcane
Xcom 1 and Xcom 2 were much more fun and challenging. Chimera is a joke of a game.
No, its the very same mechanism, once you mastered xcom, there's no challenge in chimera.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Nope, easily the most bugged game I've played in a long while and I just finished it. You can fix all the gamebreaking bugs with the console, however.

Lemming42

Arcane
I really like this game, it's like super distilled nu-XCOM. The setting is alright too, very Reddit-tier Futurama style humour (lol there's an ad for special hotdogs that all species can eat LOL) but I like how the gaudy optimism of the new multi-species, peaceful world is only barely holding together under the strain of seemingly 80% of City 31's residents belonging to violent terrorist factions that want to kill everyone else. It's also funny how Chimera Squad are the most beleaguered law enforcement outfit in the entire universe, since the local police department literally never do shit.

I thought I'd miss creating your own party a lot more than I actually do. All the premade characters are pretty cool except for Cherub who fucking sucks shit, never took him on a mission as soon as I got someone to replace him. Go staff the engineering section, you useless shithead, and never speak again. Patchwork is annoying too but I need her for her Gremlin abilities. Sad!

Not sure why a lot of people online are saying this is easy - I steamrolled everything in both nu-XCOM games but I've been reloading encounters a ton here. The new system where you have to do a combat mission nearly every day makes it a lot harder to achieve crucial weapon and armour upgrades in time, unlike the previous nu-XCOM games where you could just sit on the world map ignoring everything and skipping weeks until your research completed and you turned into a team of unstoppable demigods.

Still don't get the breaching mechanic though, what a fucking stupid system. And it's core to the game. What the actual fuck were they thinking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom