Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Guilty pleasures

Foamhead

Educated
Let's see who has the BALLS to admit they like crap. What are the worst games you are willing to admit you like? They don't have to be RPG's but have to be games most people think are terrible. Let's finally cleanse our souls and air our shame in public.

For me:

Friday the 13th (NES)
Psychic Detective (3DO)
Night Trap (3DO)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
ELEX

hmmm wait that came out wrong

Anyway, I don't believe in the concept of 'guilty pleasures'. If I like something, I like something, and I don't need to hide behind a bunch of rationalisations as to why this is the case.

That said, my appreciation for Crusaders of Might and Magic would probably be high on the list, though I never entirely understood the hate for this game, other than the standard 'zomg they took might and magic and made it a real time acshun game.' It's a pretty competent slasher all in all.

Squidhead

Educated
I'm not sure why but around the PS2 era I was really into Scooby Doo, Night of 100 frights. I knew it was a shit kids game but something just kept pulling me in. It's the best Scooby Doo video game ever made (for whatever that's worth...)

Cerulean

Cipher
The "Fallout 3 isn't nearly as bad as you histrionic nerds make it out to be" thread actually motivated me to install it and play it again. It's about like I remember, not a perfect game, but who cares? Using rocket launchers to blow up super-mutants is pretty cathartic nowadays.

Oh, and I've had a game of Skyrim going off an on since 2011. :cool:

Oracsbox

The Assassin Creed games
all the Far Crys
Jericho

Last edited by a moderator:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Pokemon Go. It's very satisfying to watch my dudes progress and build my collection, and it encourages me to excercise. Also after a certain point, there is literally no need to buy anything. I regularly delete items because I have too many, and the ingame currency is earnable at a fairly high rate anyway. to this day I've spent aroung £4 on it, and I've played for years. Regardless, it's barely even a game and I'm super invested.

Also Coloring Pixels. It's painting by numbers, on a computer. Great for podcast listening, or youtube on the second monitor.

Edit: My Pokemon Go friend code 7701 8310 3062

Add me so we can bombard each other with gifts:yeah:

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
What are the worst games you are willing to admit you like?

Amalur, Wasteland 2 and MMX.

Amalur is a consoletard action RPG with a generic popamole world, but I somehow liked how it turned out. There's a ton of shit to do, the world retained some of the hand-craftedness and I liked the freedom. It's basically a single player MMO for consoles.

Wasteland 2 despite everything had sound systems that worked and it was challenging. It had *some* of the charm of Fallout, if only scarcely because of the humor or bizarre post apoc shit. Like when you found booby trapped cow shit or a cult that worships a warhead.

MMX had these simplistic basic childrens enviroments I hated. Exploring the world was terrible, it felt like some zelda game made for retards, but I thought combat turned out kinda great. I liked the fast progression too.

Oracsbox

The first person Syndicate....
I still keep modding skyrim and fallout 4...on the plus side I never actually play the games

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I play and occasionally enjoy some Paradox strategy games. Not proud of it, but pickings are slim. When you're a grog-addict and your only other options are Battlefront, which demands blood samples and RFID micro-chipping in order to play their games, or Matrix/Slitherine whose cheap titles are somewhere around 1.21 jiggawatts.

And like probably 90% of us here, Bethesda games as well. But since we're stuck with shit-era as apparently end-era as their future games are Corona-locked, we're stuck with what we got. They call it the Elder Scrolls because we're all going to be in nursing homes before any new ones come out.

Learned
David Cage is an unscrupulous retard but I enjoyed Omikron a lot. Seeing the rest of his resume all good ideas in that game must have come out of other people in his team at that time. Of course I can't recommend it as an essential or anything, but I legitimately respect the game and to this day I can brave its jank. In fact Fahrenheit, the first of many "press X to brush your teeth" games was on par with Invisible War in terms of disappointing me.

As for shit I'm still playing, probably Guild Wars 2. The original vision that had intrigued me is long gone of course, but I can't deny that it's still decent in small doses when I just want to fuck shit up with a sword. And the combat feels better to me than, say, Diablo III or anything by From.

Modron

Arcane
Asscreed 2+sequels,
Blackguards 2,
Caribbean Blood and Gold, granted I don't know what it was like at release I only picked it up years later and had fun with it.

wyes gull

Savant
Zuma Deluxe. Yes, the game your mom plays when I'm not ploughin' her.
Speaking of guilty pleasures, there's also
your mum

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Open world shit like Beth games, Ubi games etc. Kinda fun to waste time in.

Nonograms/picross games are nice for relaxing.

Shitty old obscure RPGs nobody remembers because they were shit, but I love digging up obscure stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom