Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Official Codex Chess Tournament

Will you participate in a Codex Chess Tournament?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

grimace

Arcane
Why has there never been an Official Codex Chess Tournament?

How are Codex posters supposed to know which posters are worthy of brofists?

Consider this post the
official planning for the
Official Codex Chess Tournament.

grimace

Arcane
fishing competition sounds more exciting

You are playing for the privilege to post. You don't play? You don't post!

I demand a Crispy v. Sensuki matchup.

Forced grudge matches against users decided upon by popular vote.

Fishing you say? How about a STOCKFISH!

https://stockfishchess.org/

Let's take a look at that.

https://lichess.org/about

lichess.org is a free/libre, open-source chess server powered by volunteers and donations.

In 2010, Thibault Duplessis began work on Lichess as a hobby project. The site was simple at the beginning, not even checking to see if moves were legal. He made the site open source, which means anyone is free to read the source code and make contributions. Gradually, the site improved and collected users as an enthusiastic volunteer staff assembled to help Thibault build and maintain the site.

Today, Lichess users play more than a million games every day. Lichess is one of the most popular chess websites in the world while remaining 100% free. Most “free” websites subsist by selling ads or selling user data. Others do it by putting all the good stuff behind paywalls. Lichess does none of these things and never will. With no investors demanding profits, Lichess staff can focus on improving the site as their only goal.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have only won one game of chess in my life. At the end of the game, my opponent let me actually have sex with her. It was great.

I will gladly participate in this tournament.

overly excitable young man

You are too stupid for the game of the kings. As if anyone of you even understands how the knight is moving.
You should better stay with playing battleship.

grimace

Arcane
I will gladly copy paste a chess bot program from github and let it participate as my champion.

Everyone must make his or her own Chess bot, and they can duke it out – BattleBots style.

Using bot programs works for "standard" (read: slow) chess games.

The idea of an online chess tournament plays much faster.

Watch this:

https://youtu.be/b1EAD0zAueA?t=198

You are too stupid for the game of the kings. As if anyone of you even understands how the knight is moving.

I have only won one game of chess in my life. At the end of the game, my opponent let me actually have sex with her. It was great.

I will gladly participate in this tournament.

Fortunately, anyone can enter the tournament. This arena format passes quickly in real time over a set duration of time.

Imagine a 1v1 first person shooter death match tournament.

Thankfully, the combat in chess is turn based.

Trashos

Arcane
I may play if it is slow, not interested if it is fast.

But Codexers are going to cheese, and then complain that the organizers should have done something about the cheesing, as if the cheesers were the victims.

ChaDargo

Arcane
I also don't care if it's bullet, blitz, or some version of standard. Just no correspondence shit.

ChaDargo

Arcane

I think it goes in an L shape? Could you be my first opponent so you could teach me?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom