Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Ocean House NG+ dungeon, farm poltergeists to unlock all the takedown animations and upgrade your karate kick

Alexios

Augur
Patron
Animations and facials expression do satisfy me. This is wholesome improvement overall. Now they need to nail the gameplay and writing to make Vamily proud.
Where do we see facial animations in this? The parts that show characters' faces look like clips from cutscenes or just cinematic footage shot for the sole purpose of this trailer. The only dialogue we have is from the last gameplay reveal, where it looked like Skyrim tier trash.

Terenty

Liturgist
They updated their website with new stuff!

http://www.bloodlines2.com/

Damp was facetuned
QSGbFWI.png

Who's this faggot? I already want to punch him

Child of Malkav

Erudite
I liked the trailer.
Hm, makes me wonder: the guy in the beginning, dancing between the puppets, literally pulling their strings, is that a message? Maybe each puppet in that scene represents a main character in the game, leaders perhaps, and the fact they're shown as puppets with strings attached and the guy playing with a string. Maybe they're trying to tell us that he's manipulating all of them.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I liked the trailer.
Hm, makes me wonder: the guy in the beginning, dancing between the puppets, literally pulling their strings, is that a message? Maybe each puppet in that scene represents a main character in the game, leaders perhaps, and the fact they're shown as puppets with strings attached and the guy playing with a string. Maybe they're trying to tell us that he's manipulating all of them.
I think they're not puppets but people he killed. He's psycho what he's done to them.

Zyondyne

Learned
I don't know if anyone cares, but I did a rework of the trailer using what I consider a more fitting song. The current one is just way too Fallout-ish and out of place for me.
Started by simply adding the song to the background and then I did some additional montage/adding sound effects. Then I changed the order of some scenes. I spent more time than I'd ever admit on it to synchronize some musical sequences and lyrics with what happens on screen. Then I added some sound effects and other little touches. This is the final result.

It's a Queen song that, in my humble opinion, really fits that "Malkavian theatrical madness" vibe of this trailer better than the original musical choice.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Why would they focus their trailer on flashy animations if their animations aren't that good?
If it's an RPG and not some naughty dog interactive movie bullshit, then just make a video showcasing RPG stuff, ffs.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
All the dancing came across as Twin Peaks-esque to me. Doubt it'll be as well-written though. :M

Vincente

Arbiter
I liked the trailer.

When the man said ''everyone grab a limb'', all the others around him were other vampires revealed with images, like that short haired blonde Torey on the left and the Ventrue with the suit on the right. Even the masked Malkavian. And we did see a fight scene with her. I wonder if they are a coterie?

Jinn

Arcane
I guess I don't see what's so bad about it? The animations are pretty bad, but whatever. I actually liked the looks of some of that combat footage. Besides that, not much to tell about the actual game.

RepHope

Savant
Yep looks like it was made on a shoestring budget alright. If it flops I can at least laugh at all the virtue signaling retards at the company who will hopefully never work in the video game industry again. That they want out of their way to pander to tumblr and STILL managed to offend them is amusing.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Why would they focus their trailer on flashy animations if their animations aren't that good?
If it's an RPG and not some naughty dog interactive movie bullshit, then just make a video showcasing RPG stuff, ffs.
if they have 10 minutes of gameplay time, they definately will show the RPG stuff.

But they only have a 2 minutes trailer, I doubt they can show anything new here when it comes to the RPG stuff. They already showed that part last year on E3.

Irata

Scholar
I really dont understand those tards with incredible canon revisionist ideas, you bought the IP for the audience then you shit on the audience and try to force them buying something else, What is the point? You are shitting on the same thing you bought.

Worked for Fallout 3. <rimshot>

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The trailer actually looked better than expected. A bit too much dancing for whatever reason but we're going somewhere

ChildInTime

Learned
Why does a game from some french studio looks, sounds and animates better than the supposed revival of a 30 years old franchise? Seriously, just compare this scene from Vampyr to anything Paradox shown of Bloodlines 2 - it's like no one in Hardsuit Labs knows that much about animation, character models or artstyle in general. Pretty fucking sad.

Zyondyne

Learned
Why does a game from some french studio looks, sounds and animates better than the supposed revival of a 30 years old franchise? Seriously, just compare this scene from Vampyr to anything Paradox shown of Bloodlines 2 - it's like no one in Hardsuit Labs knows that much about animation, character models or artstyle in general. Pretty fucking sad.

We really didn't see many in-game cut scenes yet. The latest trailer seems to have improved things quite a bit.
By the way, now that you mention it, the final sequence in Vampyr, the one with William Marshal is very reminiscent of Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption and Christof Romuald's story. Just my two cents.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom