Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Deleted member 7219

The Geofront Zero is excellent and the Ao translation is perfectly fine, though it doesn't have the quality of life additions and the official PC version is really barebones.

Yes, the Geofront localisation of Trails from Zero is really, really good.

You can legally purchase Trails from Zero from www.dlsite.com

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yXSbX3o.png

:neveraskedforthis:
why are you using guren's zero instead of geofront??

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Im in chapter 4 now, still having fun, but the forced party swap shit is pissing me off hard. Not only does it happen after lenghty cutscenes, but you also cant access gear/quartz of the non available partymembers. Also rearanging quartz setups everytime is getting old fast.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just got cool boi Josh back and Olivier left. Id rather dump any other char, I dont get why they remove the best companion half way trough the game :/

Slaver1

Savant
Was looking for a game to fill the post-TOCS3 void (Persona 5 falls hopelessly short of that) and I think Xenoblade Chronicles is it. Reminds me alot of Trails with the characterization and all the unique townsfolk to talk to and help out. Schulk reminds me of Rean too.

XC runs brilliantly on Dolphin. I have it running at 4k with the texture mod and it looks absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:

Slaver1

Savant
i like XCX but the combat is kinda horrid.

reminded me of FFXII, which combat is also horrid

Combat was a bit confusing to get used to at first but it's starting to click. Very unique system and a decent change of pace at least after coming off all that turn-based stuff in Trails; hopefully it holds up though. Everything else feels really nostalgic. Like TLOH, you can tell that game was made with love and due care.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
it's really is not imo. i've never been a fan of pseudo MMO crap. it was broken, but not in a fun way. i remember beating the lv 100 secret boss that is a dinosaur basically, it just take alot of time and heal spamming with riki and that other girl's ability.

the story and world is legit tho. soundtrack is fantastic, and the base building part, even though most of them are fetch quests feel very rewarding.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
geofront gang has done a better job localising zero no kiseki than xseed did with any of the trails in the sky games

Shadenuat

Arcane
I am going through police 2.

not sure why police 2 exists but is nice, the plot is on some non characteristic for trails super bullet train, meeting all the leaders, Orchis tower opening, sky/steel characters, it's good.

I don't really feel like it REALLY has to exist, in a sense that Police 1 was self sufficient enough, just throw who killed bro and some Kea plot (since she doesn't do anything in first game except giving you diabetes attack from all the sugar pouring from the scenes) but whatever, I'll take it.

I rate Police trails 1 as trails of the sky out of trails of the sky or so although I like sky more but only because it was my first.

I rate Police trails 2 as 50% press SHIFT and 50% watch the plot and go "OH THAT WOULD BE IN RETARDREAN SAGA".

I feel that once I finish second game I will have all the real reasons to be terribly butthurt over closing of SSS and invasion of Crosbell by retardrean. I will be even more butthurt if they won't allow me to take Tio to michelam this time though.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I don't really feel like it REALLY has to exist, in a sense that Police 1 was self sufficient enough, just throw who killed bro and some Kea plot (since she doesn't do anything in first game except giving you diabetes attack from all the sugar pouring from the scenes) but whatever, I'll take it.
trails main plot have always something to do with sept-terrion. with zero you haven't really dealt with sept-terrion so it's inevitable

Shadenuat

Arcane
my septerion is busy baking apple muffins

but holy shit Crosbell just can't get a rest huh we don't even have a bell anymore.
this is the most violent trails game I played. I think it might turn out my favorite

also the quest where Tio calmly says she's an adult now because she learned the TRUTH about Mishey crushed my soul into black hole.

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
Dieter is an absolute madlad :shittydog:

the world is burning, and I am trying to beat Tio at tetris.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom