Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

CuckMasher

Novice
You do realize that Abby isn't actually a tranny, right? How are you already casting a verdict on the character when the game isn't even out?

What "game"?
It is always meant to be a collection of cutscenes. It is not a joke that infected ignored Ellie, just check gameplay videos....the non-game that was labeled as great because "woah so immersive" had as a theme to protect a girl from monsters....that ignores her. So only cutscenes counted.
They could really have a tranny protagonist, but seems they even failed to please sjw audience: Abby is a STRAIGHT female that cut the throats of lesbian girls. She is modeled on the idea of beauty of someone named DRUNKMAN that only wanted to homage the girl of his dreams with some kind of fanservice.
What's the point of making this post if you've obviously never touched the game? Ludonarrative dissonance isn't exclusive to TLoU, there's plenty of games with it that get praised for their story anyway.
I went ahead and checked and TLoU has 1h30m of cutscenes - on a 15h game.

It's ironic that you complain about the enemies ignoring Ellie while claiming TLoU is a "movie" and "entirely about the story", when that design choice was made precisely for gameplay purposes, instead of putting the story ahead of gameplay.

I actually agree with Sentinel about this. I played and really enjoyed both games, but they are both storyfag games. If anything, the gameplay in TLOU is more substantial than PST. PST is basically a visual novel with some OK combat. Yes, there are different consequences for dialogue choices, but IIRC you're railroaded into specific choices if you want the full experience. It doesn't make sense to play as anything but a high INT character. You're railroaded into certain steps to advance the plot. I probably like PST better overall because the writing is great and the setting is so interesting, but TLOU is emotionally powerful even if you are cynical and jaded. It's definitely not the greatest game of all time or a timeless work of art, but it's probably the best of it's sub-genre. It also has really good music. The SJW is influence is relatively low in the base game. It's worth playing unless you just hate AAA games in this style.

Perhaps this makes me a cuck instead of a cuckmasher, but that's what I think.

I am not going to ever buy the sequel because a) the ending of the first game was perfect and there should never have been a sequel, and b) this is going to be preachy SJW bullshit that I don't want to play. I am definitely enjoying all of the drama here and on reddit though.

Last edited by a moderator:

sullynathan

Arcane
Codex likes non-popamole storyfag games. Popamole being games they don't like.

It's why shit gameplay can be defended if it's by a studio codex likes vs a studio codexers don't even play games from.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
o0myhxl6fkx41.png

wait wait wait hold on you dummies

How about we focus on the Zombie thingy itself, it's not hard to write a decent piece around exploring nature of this fungus infection?

They wanted to make a vaccine?
...For a fungus?
:what:
Yep, devs based it on some fungus that infects ant's and controls them. Someone in-game thought that there is a way to cure or to be immune to bunch of spores going into your body and growing, and somehow answer to that cure is hidden inside immune person's brain.

Codex likes non-popamole storyfag games. Popamole being games they don't like.

It's why shit gameplay can be defended if it's by a studio codex likes vs a studio codexers don't even play games from.
Is there a single not-one-man studio codex likes thou?
Also you are starting to sound like skaven, you need to rest a bit, bud.

Meant to quote Sentinel here but it got fucked up: I just don't like hypocrites. You can't praise PS:T as the second coming of christ and then turn around and shit on TLoU because it's a movie game when it has more gameplay than PS:T. It's okay to dislike the game on other basis, just don't be a hypocrite and actually use your brains to justify your hatred of it.
It's really annoying how so much of the codex pretends to be monocled gentlemen who take gameplay over anything else but then you look at the top 10 lists and it's filled to the brim with games with absolute fucking garbage gameplay.

End Quote.

I actually agree with Sentinel about this. I played and really enjoyed both games, but they are both storyfag games. If anything, the gameplay in TLOU is more substantial than PST. PST is basically a visual novel with some OK combat. Yes, there are different consequences for dialogue choices, but IIRC you're railroaded into specific choices if you want the full experience. It doesn't make sense to play as anything but a high INT character. You're railroaded into certain steps to advance the plot. I probably like PST better overall because the writing is great and the setting is so interesting, but TLOU is emotionally powerful even if you are cynical and jaded. It's definitely not the greatest game of all time or a timeless work of art, but it's probably the best of it's sub-genre. It also has really good music. The SJW is influence is relatively low in the base game. It's worth playing unless you just hate AAA games in this style.

Perhaps this makes me a cuck instead of a cuckmasher, but that's what I think.

I am not going to ever buy the sequel because a) the ending of the first game was perfect and there should never have been a sequel, and b) this is going to be preachy SJW bullshit that I don't want to play. I am definitely enjoying all of the drama here and on reddit though.
Disagree, there is no story quite like Planescape in games and it's been 22 years since it's release. When TLOU came out we already had Bioshock and Walking dead with similar story.
TLOU had a character development level you will get from random season of Walking Dead TV series, but it's apparently a high bar for videogames (proven by shit stories like Life is Strange and Heavy Rain getting high scores), so everyone praised that shit. Music is good, couple good tracks, yeah, like in every fucking game published by Japanese company (From Software has twelve of them for each game). So tell me, why how is this game special in any way besides it's looks? Where the fuck is the substance you claim it has? It has less emotional impact than Telltale's Walking Dead, less plot twist than Infinite and less character development than God Of War.

Also, I don't know why you retards keep measuring every fucking custscene infested, story-driven game to Planescape, even though latter completely blows it out of the water. TLOU is not nearly as good and is not something you can point to and say- "only videogames can tell that kind of story". TLOU is a movie game, the movie part is average and it tries to be a movie more than it tries to be a game: every step= scripts, walking sequences with talking, tons of cutscenes. There is no exploration, no things that you can miss or not figure out in the game. You says it's equally as impactful and substantial? Name me a scene that is as good and substantial, as nameless one conversing with his pragmatic self, name a scene similar to when player gets thrown out of his character into the narrator and gets to observe, what he thought was a blank slate, having a conversation with his loved one.

Maybe substance you speak of is in the world of the game? A typical zombie apocalypse, but virus is more tangible or a multiverse shaped by beliefs and imaginations?

Characters? An old grizzled action guy, who is afraid to connect with people (never seen this before) or immortal man who is cursed to die and forget himself for eternity, altering world around with each persona he developes and lives as. Whose goal is more interesting? Saving girl or finding out what he is? Ellie or every companion from Nameless one's group ( Dak'kon is a way more compelling character than her, imo)?

Themes? Humans are real monsters (theme beaten to death and explored better in the very early Post-apocalypse books), family matters (done better in Walking Dead and God of War). Not much going on here, honestly.

Gameplay? Well point and shoot, and throw molotovs is better than spamming death clouds. But is it unique? Nah. Is it done way better than in other shooter games? Not really.

Again like what you like, but don't try to elevate it by comparing it to something clearly better than it. It's not the case.

It's a good game, that no one would care for, if it didn't have a giant budged to make it look good. I'd put Walking Dead over it any day, it's done the same story better with tenth of TLOU's budged.
Planescape is on another plane. Call me a butthurt fanboy, but I stand by this.

Sentinel

Arcane
When TLOU came out we already had Bioshock and Walking dead with similar story.
I can see why someone who hasn't played TLoU would think it's similar to WD, but how the hell is it even remotely close to BioShock? Did you even play BioShock?
That post is just more embarrassing incoherent rambling with yet another stupid comparison. You can't really compare PS:T's narrative to TLoU's. TLoU is hyper focused on exploring two characters, Torment was all about exploring its theme. In terms of actual character development, there wasn't much there.
All of your criticisms would be better aimed at GoW, which goes for the cinematic angle for no purpose whatsoever. Its story is piss poor and uneventful, the gameplay suffers because of the sacrifices done to camera and movement assists, and presents a pointless RPG/inventory system and open world with fetch quest shit all over.

KVVRR

Learned
It's a good game, that no one would care for, if it didn't have a giant budged to make it look good. I'd put Walking Dead over it any day, it's done the same story better with tenth of TLOU's budged.
but if TLOU is a movie game then Walking Dead is like watching a straight-to-dvd movie and having it pause every 5 seconds until you press a button

and while it does have a better story than TLOU I'd argue that it relies way to heavily on forced drama the more it goes on. The Stranger being who he is is ridiculous if you actively choose to play as SaintLee. Plus it looks and runs like shit, why were they still using a (not even good back then) 2004 engine in 2012?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That is the famous Uncharted i've seen Codexers praise in the past? WTF? It's popamole garbage lmao.

Last edited:

vota DC

Augur
Main problem could be that developers can't anymore separate their personal life with their work.
Homages and fanservices are always been a part of games but never main theme. Nameless One final enemy couldn't be Fonzie because developers were fans of Happy Days. They could just put a Fonzie like side character sonewhere.
Tlou even had the random hungry scavenger that does terrible things because hunger or the soldier that follows duty.
A surgeon Is and intelligent person. A surgeon that says he will open a child's head to find a vaccine for a fungus Is the classical trap. No different from the usual pedo priest "Hey child of you give me your ass the Lord will be pleased".
Also the fact that you switch someone you don't care half game instead from the beginning so you have time of care....It Is obvious....drunkman has a buffed girlfriend and his father in law Is a surgeon so he had to change the game and the early project.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Main problem could be that developers can't anymore separate their personal life with their work.
Homages and fanservices are always been a part of games but never main theme. Nameless One final enemy couldn't be Fonzie because developers were fans of Happy Days. They could just put a Fonzie like side character sonewhere.
Tlou even had the random hungry scavenger that does terrible things because hunger or the soldier that follows duty.
A surgeon Is and intelligent person. A surgeon that says he will open a child's head to find a vaccine for a fungus Is the classical trap. No different from the usual pedo priest "Hey child of you give me your ass the Lord will be pleased".
Also the fact that you switch someone you don't care half game instead from the beginning so you have time of care....It Is obvious....drunkman has a buffed girlfriend and his father in law Is a surgeon so he had to change the game and the early project.

The new generation of developers don't understand a simple concept like "The customer is always right".

Save 60$ and buy Dying Light 2 if you want zombie fix instead. Infinitely Better gameplay, and probably story now that the studio is giving a damn about it. At least power struggle between factions amid apocalypse is more interesting than bunch of cunts duking it out for REVENGE!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom