Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Of Us 2 - now with protagonist-murdering trannies

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
19hzkbysspx41.jpg

In the game Abby is reading City of Thieves - a book written by Dan Benioff.

It looks like Neil Cuckmann is really illiterate. Not surprising considering that he started as a SW Dev.

But he must be really special in order to be inspired by Dan Benioff and Anita Sarkeesian.

Neil Druckmann was promoted to [Naughty Dog] Vice President in March 2018

ND is toast.

Last edited:

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
They will learn.

In the game Abby is reading City of Thieves - a book written by Dan Benioff.

It looks like Neil Cuckmann is really illiterate. Not surprising considering that he started as a SW Dev.

But he must be really special in order to be inspired by Dan Benioff and Anita Sarkeesian.

Funny, I picked it up and read it by chance while in the hinterlands of New Zealand with nothing else available. The protagonist is openly described as an ugly, weak little bespectacled Jew and he does indeed get dominated by a female Soviet sniper who at one point pins him down on the floor and silently amazon fucks him(as best as I can recall) . She then leaves and tells him "she'll find him" . I honestly thought it was self-insert fantasy by a dorky Jew in his early 20s, not a guy in his late 30s(at the time of publishing, apparently) .

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
What guarantee is there that Dying Light 2 isn't an equally tryhard leftist wankfest?
It might turn out like that, but there is a gameplay. Decide for yourself.

Is Avellone still working on this?

He was as of mid 2019, might be done with his part of the job ATM.
https://wccftech.com/dying-light-2-interview-e3-2019/

I guess you haven't heard the news.

CuckMasher

Novice
Meant to quote Sentinel here but it got fucked up: I just don't like hypocrites. You can't praise PS:T as the second coming of christ and then turn around and shit on TLoU because it's a movie game when it has more gameplay than PS:T. It's okay to dislike the game on other basis, just don't be a hypocrite and actually use your brains to justify your hatred of it.
It's really annoying how so much of the codex pretends to be monocled gentlemen who take gameplay over anything else but then you look at the top 10 lists and it's filled to the brim with games with absolute fucking garbage gameplay.

End Quote.

I actually agree with Sentinel about this. I played and really enjoyed both games, but they are both storyfag games. If anything, the gameplay in TLOU is more substantial than PST. PST is basically a visual novel with some OK combat. Yes, there are different consequences for dialogue choices, but IIRC you're railroaded into specific choices if you want the full experience. It doesn't make sense to play as anything but a high INT character. You're railroaded into certain steps to advance the plot. I probably like PST better overall because the writing is great and the setting is so interesting, but TLOU is emotionally powerful even if you are cynical and jaded. It's definitely not the greatest game of all time or a timeless work of art, but it's probably the best of it's sub-genre. It also has really good music. The SJW is influence is relatively low in the base game. It's worth playing unless you just hate AAA games in this style.

Perhaps this makes me a cuck instead of a cuckmasher, but that's what I think.

I am not going to ever buy the sequel because a) the ending of the first game was perfect and there should never have been a sequel, and b) this is going to be preachy SJW bullshit that I don't want to play. I am definitely enjoying all of the drama here and on reddit though.
Disagree, there is no story quite like Planescape in games and it's been 22 years since it's release. When TLOU came out we already had Bioshock and Walking dead with similar story.
TLOU had a character development level you will get from random season of Walking Dead TV series, but it's apparently a high bar for videogames (proven by shit stories like Life is Strange and Heavy Rain getting high scores), so everyone praised that shit. Music is good, couple good tracks, yeah, like in every fucking game published by Japanese company (From Software has twelve of them for each game). So tell me, why how is this game special in any way besides it's looks? Where the fuck is the substance you claim it has? It has less emotional impact than Telltale's Walking Dead, less plot twist than Infinite and less character development than God Of War.

Also, I don't know why you retards keep measuring every fucking custscene infested, story-driven game to Planescape, even though latter completely blows it out of the water. TLOU is not nearly as good and is not something you can point to and say- "only videogames can tell that kind of story". TLOU is a movie game, the movie part is average and it tries to be a movie more than it tries to be a game: every step= scripts, walking sequences with talking, tons of cutscenes. There is no exploration, no things that you can miss or not figure out in the game. You says it's equally as impactful and substantial? Name me a scene that is as good and substantial, as nameless one conversing with his pragmatic self, name a scene similar to when player gets thrown out of his character into the narrator and gets to observe, what he thought was a blank slate, having a conversation with his loved one.

Maybe substance you speak of is in the world of the game? A typical zombie apocalypse, but virus is more tangible or a multiverse shaped by beliefs and imaginations?

Characters? An old grizzled action guy, who is afraid to connect with people (never seen this before) or immortal man who is cursed to die and forget himself for eternity, altering world around with each persona he developes and lives as. Whose goal is more interesting? Saving girl or finding out what he is? Ellie or every companion from Nameless one's group ( Dak'kon is a way more compelling character than her, imo)?

Themes? Humans are real monsters (theme beaten to death and explored better in the very early Post-apocalypse books), family matters (done better in Walking Dead and God of War). Not much going on here, honestly.

Gameplay? Well point and shoot, and throw molotovs is better than spamming death clouds. But is it unique? Nah. Is it done way better than in other shooter games? Not really.

Again like what you like, but don't try to elevate it by comparing it to something clearly better than it. It's not the case.

It's a good game, that no one would care for, if it didn't have a giant budged to make it look good. I'd put Walking Dead over it any day, it's done the same story better with tenth of TLOU's budged.
Planescape is on another plane. Call me a butthurt fanboy, but I stand by this.

Honestly, I cant strongly disagree with much of that. I do think there was more character development than god of war. I also think the combat is more tense and has a lot more interesting choices than, say, uncharted, in terms of conserving the resources you have. There is also plenty of it. I remember at least some exploration. But I agree Tlou is not the masterpiece people make it out to be. My point was more that I agree with Sentinel that you cant dismiss Tlou as a movie game with no gameplay (theres a lot of combat!) and not see the same issues in pst which is basically an adventure game/vn with tacked on combat most people dont really remember or enjoy. I dont think you even mentioned pst combat.

Now I agree PST is better/ more unique and you levelled a lot of other valid criticisms at TLOU.

Save 60$ and buy Dying Light 2 if you want zombie fix instead. Infinitely Better gameplay, and probably story now that the studio is giving a damn about it. At least power struggle between factions amid apocalypse is more interesting than bunch of cunts duking it out for REVENGE!
https://gamerant.com/dying-light-2-development-trouble/
Eh, it happens to every fucking game nowadays: RDR 2, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, first Tlou. Someone gets churned out and rolls these disaster reports. Of course all these Corps suck ass, but there is always a guy who anonymously goes "they don't know what they want, they scrap all my work over and over, it's a hell in there" and game comes out just fine. Now if he leaked some shit as proof, that's another story.

Sentinel

Arcane
Save 60$ and buy Dying Light 2 if you want zombie fix instead. Infinitely Better gameplay, and probably story now that the studio is giving a damn about it. At least power struggle between factions amid apocalypse is more interesting than bunch of cunts duking it out for REVENGE!
Eh, it happens to every fucking game nowadays: RDR 2, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, first Tlou. Someone gets churned out and rolls these disaster reports. Of course all these Corps suck ass, but there is always a guy who anonymously goes "they don't know what they want, they scrap all my work over and over, it's a hell in there" and game comes out just fine.
i dont remember development hell reports about rdr2, witcher 3 or tlou.

Eh, it happens to every fucking game nowadays: RDR 2, Witcher 3, Cyberpunk, first Tlou. Someone gets churned out and rolls these disaster reports. Of course all these Corps suck ass, but there is always a guy who anonymously goes "they don't know what they want, they scrap all my work over and over, it's a hell in there" and game comes out just fine.
There were numerous reports of RDR2 not having clear direction and forcing crunches for weeks on employees. Same with Witcher (Glassdoor reviews controversy). Just type name of the studio or game and add controversy at the end.

“You can’t just slap black bars on the cinematics we’ve already shot,” said one person who worked on the game. “You have to reframe the camera so that the cinematics flow in a particular way, and you’re emphasizing what you weren’t emphasizing initially with that shot.”

https://www.google.ru/amp/s/kotaku.com/inside-rockstar-games-culture-of-crunch-1829936466/amp?espv=1

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-CD-PROJEKT-RED-RVW16568283.htm

Meant to quote Sentinel here but it got fucked up: I just don't like hypocrites. You can't praise PS:T as the second coming of christ and then turn around and shit on TLoU because it's a movie game when it has more gameplay than PS:T. It's okay to dislike the game on other basis, just don't be a hypocrite and actually use your brains to justify your hatred of it.
It's really annoying how so much of the codex pretends to be monocled gentlemen who take gameplay over anything else but then you look at the top 10 lists and it's filled to the brim with games with absolute fucking garbage gameplay.

End Quote.

I actually agree with Sentinel about this. I played and really enjoyed both games, but they are both storyfag games. If anything, the gameplay in TLOU is more substantial than PST. PST is basically a visual novel with some OK combat. Yes, there are different consequences for dialogue choices, but IIRC you're railroaded into specific choices if you want the full experience. It doesn't make sense to play as anything but a high INT character. You're railroaded into certain steps to advance the plot. I probably like PST better overall because the writing is great and the setting is so interesting, but TLOU is emotionally powerful even if you are cynical and jaded. It's definitely not the greatest game of all time or a timeless work of art, but it's probably the best of it's sub-genre. It also has really good music. The SJW is influence is relatively low in the base game. It's worth playing unless you just hate AAA games in this style.

Perhaps this makes me a cuck instead of a cuckmasher, but that's what I think.

I am not going to ever buy the sequel because a) the ending of the first game was perfect and there should never have been a sequel, and b) this is going to be preachy SJW bullshit that I don't want to play. I am definitely enjoying all of the drama here and on reddit though.
Disagree, there is no story quite like Planescape in games and it's been 22 years since it's release. When TLOU came out we already had Bioshock and Walking dead with similar story.
TLOU had a character development level you will get from random season of Walking Dead TV series, but it's apparently a high bar for videogames (proven by shit stories like Life is Strange and Heavy Rain getting high scores), so everyone praised that shit. Music is good, couple good tracks, yeah, like in every fucking game published by Japanese company (From Software has twelve of them for each game). So tell me, why how is this game special in any way besides it's looks? Where the fuck is the substance you claim it has? It has less emotional impact than Telltale's Walking Dead, less plot twist than Infinite and less character development than God Of War.

Also, I don't know why you retards keep measuring every fucking custscene infested, story-driven game to Planescape, even though latter completely blows it out of the water. TLOU is not nearly as good and is not something you can point to and say- "only videogames can tell that kind of story". TLOU is a movie game, the movie part is average and it tries to be a movie more than it tries to be a game: every step= scripts, walking sequences with talking, tons of cutscenes. There is no exploration, no things that you can miss or not figure out in the game. You says it's equally as impactful and substantial? Name me a scene that is as good and substantial, as nameless one conversing with his pragmatic self, name a scene similar to when player gets thrown out of his character into the narrator and gets to observe, what he thought was a blank slate, having a conversation with his loved one.

Maybe substance you speak of is in the world of the game? A typical zombie apocalypse, but virus is more tangible or a multiverse shaped by beliefs and imaginations?

Characters? An old grizzled action guy, who is afraid to connect with people (never seen this before) or immortal man who is cursed to die and forget himself for eternity, altering world around with each persona he developes and lives as. Whose goal is more interesting? Saving girl or finding out what he is? Ellie or every companion from Nameless one's group ( Dak'kon is a way more compelling character than her, imo)?

Themes? Humans are real monsters (theme beaten to death and explored better in the very early Post-apocalypse books), family matters (done better in Walking Dead and God of War). Not much going on here, honestly.

Gameplay? Well point and shoot, and throw molotovs is better than spamming death clouds. But is it unique? Nah. Is it done way better than in other shooter games? Not really.

Again like what you like, but don't try to elevate it by comparing it to something clearly better than it. It's not the case.

It's a good game, that no one would care for, if it didn't have a giant budged to make it look good. I'd put Walking Dead over it any day, it's done the same story better with tenth of TLOU's budged.
Planescape is on another plane. Call me a butthurt fanboy, but I stand by this.

Honestly, I cant strongly disagree with much of that. I do think there was more character development than god of war. I also think the combat is more tense and has a lot more interesting choices than, say, uncharted, in terms of conserving the resources you have. There is also plenty of it. I remember at least some exploration. But I agree Tlou is not the masterpiece people make it out to be. My point was more that I agree with Sentinel that you cant dismiss Tlou as a movie game with no gameplay (theres a lot of combat!) and not see the same issues in pst which is basically an adventure game/vn with tacked on combat most people dont really remember or enjoy. I dont think you even mentioned pst combat.

Now I agree PST is better/ more unique and you levelled a lot of other valid criticisms at TLOU.
I did. I said PST's gameplay is lame, though not directly I admit.
"Gameplay? Well point and shoot, and throw molotovs is (THIS)> better than spamming death clouds <(THIS) . But is it unique? Nah. Is it done way better than in other shooter games? Not really."
Having better gameplay than Uncharted is a low bar, as shown by PreRec video posted here.
Not saying it's shit game, it's solid 7/10, but you bringing other games down, to make TLOU appear better than it is caused me a big butthurt.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
There were numerous reports of RDR2 not having clear direction and forcing crunches for weeks on employees. Same with Witcher (Glassdoor reviews controversy). Just type name of the studio or game and add controversy at the end.

“You can’t just slap black bars on the cinematics we’ve already shot,” said one person who worked on the game. “You have to reframe the camera so that the cinematics flow in a particular way, and you’re emphasizing what you weren’t emphasizing initially with that shot.”

https://www.google.ru/amp/s/kotaku.com/inside-rockstar-games-culture-of-crunch-1829936466/amp?espv=1

https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Employee-Review-CD-PROJEKT-RED-RVW16568283.htm
crunch =/= development hell

crunch =/= development hell
crunch=development hell.

Don't know anything about TLOU 1 except that it was a zombie movie and innocently clicked on one youtube recommended video. Now I'm being spammed with videos about this. Shit is hilarious.

It takes someone a lot of ideological training to think that this kind of shit is what constitutes a good game.

Silverfish

Arbiter
They'd ultimately prefer to be spoiled than to spend 60 bones to find out their old favorites get sacrificed to the LPGA.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They'd ultimately prefer to be spoiled than to spend 60 bones to find out their old favorites get sacrificed to the LPGA.
It's all over the news, so if someone wants to get spoiled, they can go and read up about it. But clicking on General Gaming and seeing a major spoiler immediately is not the way to go.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
And now we know why you've been suspiciously absent from this thread. :lol:
I don't acutally own a console now, so I'm not gonna play this game anytime soon, but maybe someday I will. So yes, I don't want the story be spoiled, that is the reason I don't visit this thread.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't acutally own a console now, so I'm not gonna play this game anytime soon, but maybe someday I will. So yes, I don't want the story be spoiled, that is the reason I don't visit this thread.

Hungary please send us a new J_C. This one is broken.

Köszönöm szépen.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

Hungary please send us a new J_C. This one is broken.

Köszönöm szépen.
I don't know if you mean this in a positive or negative way. :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom