Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassins Creed Valhalla - set in the Viking age - now on Steam

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
He snapped.

I confess, I did expect butthurt drivel from you. Just not this low effort. But that's Poland in a nutshell.

I loved the modern meta story in the first few games because it made the IP unique and interesting.

Ah yes, playing a beta cuck like Desmond must have spoken to you on a deep level. How stupid do you have to be to find enjoyment in that plot. People like you don't need to exist. Kill yourself.

At least you won't procreate. I guess that's something.

The Isu created human-hybrids as part of the Olympos project, the minotaur is one of them. Yes, it's an actual minotaur.

No, the "minotaur" is a person or construct powered by an artifact called "prize of the minotaur", which was capable of transmuting or changing the looks of a person into the beast and was a key to Atlantis.

Whatever drivel you posted is your headcanon or at least irrelevant to this creature. Clearly you're more invested in the retarded lore than I am, but you're still wrong.

This is an illusion or transmutation, magic for the lack of a better term. It is not a minotaur and it is not the result of some "olympos project" human-hybrid drivel.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
No, the "minotaur" is a person or construct powered by an artifact called "prize of the minotaur", which was capable of transmuting or changing the looks of a person into the beast and was a key to Atlantis.
"it transmuted it into a minotaur but akshually it wasn't a minotaur"
:hmmm:

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
"it transmuted it into a minotaur but akshually it wasn't a minotaur"

Yes, dumbfuck. It literally disappears when you remove the artifact from it. Play the game or watch a video of someone doing it.

A minotaur is a mythological moster, and doesn't disappear and isn't powered by an artifact. This was made to look like a minotaur, but it wasn't one.

I swear the AC series seems to either cause brain damage, or attract people with brain damage, who then just wallow in the lore instead of playing the damn games - aka rusty_shackleford or are permanently butthurt and in an autistic spasm, aka cvv

Codex Year of the Donut
Play the game or watch a video of someone doing it.
I swear the AC series seems to either cause brain damage, or attract people with brain damage, who then just wallow in the lore instead of playing the damn games - aka rusty_shackleford
if you kill the minotaur before going to pephka, a lot of the dialogue/reactions are different

vyHBQXP.jpg

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron

What drivel are you posting? Fucking Americans, making Pollacks look like rocket scientists since 1776.

Play the game or watch a video of it. The minotaur DISAPPEARS after the artifact is removed. Unlike actual real things.

Do you need an ameritard translation? Thanks for the screenshot dumbfuck, ... are you in Flint Michigan, drinking the tap water?

Codex Year of the Donut

What drivel are you posting? Fucking Americans, making Pollacks look like rocket scientists since 1776.

Play the game or watch a video of it. The minotaur DISAPPEARS after the artifact is removed. Unlike actual real things.

Do you need an ameritard translation? Thanks for the screenshot dumbfuck, ... are you in Flint Michigan, drinking the tap water?
It doesn't "disappear", it's a fucking human transformed into an actual minotaur by the power of the relic. It's not some hologram, it is a minotaur.

Nathir

Liturgist

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Cruel truth behind Beowulf makes it sound like they're gonna make Grendel the last Scandinavian gorilla or something.

Takamori

Learned
Assassins Creed can even be considered RPG? Far as I know throwing magic, rare, epic and legendary in your itemization dont magically turn your game into a rpg.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Assassins Creed can even be considered RPG? Far as I know throwing magic, rare, epic and legendary in your itemization dont magically turn your game into a rpg.
Has exp, skill system, items, exploration and since Odyssey a fair amount of choice and consequence. If it's not an RPG then a big portion of the rpgcodex best RPG list isn't as well.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Eaters of the dead was great. If the game is at least 50% similar to it then it will be good. But we all know it will be a pozzed anachronistic drival. I hope I am wrong.

Delicieuxz

Cipher
Has exp, skill system, items, exploration and since Odyssey a fair amount of choice and consequence. If it's not an RPG then a big portion of the rpgcodex best RPG list isn't as well.

Being an RPG is about having a focus on player agency, with the player's unique input shaping the narrative that follows - that's the critical "role" of the player in role-playing game. Stats, inventory, XP... those things, even though typically associated with RPGs, aren't what make a game an RPG.

And I don't think that the hard-coded boolean choices presented in Origins and Odyssey qualify them as RPGs. I don't think the same stiff 'this or that' boolean choices presented in Witcher 3 and Oblivion and Skyrim qualify them as RPGs, either. They're action-adventure games being billed as RPGs to boost their market appeal and sales.

There's nothing wrong with being an action-adventure game, either. Black Flag is amazing. But Unity and Syndicate are bad, while Origins and Odyssey are abysmal and Ubisoft have disgraced themselves by making them. AC should keep trying to be the best action-adventure game it can, and not a generic one that's pissing in everybody's faces while dishonestly telling them it's an RPG like Origins and Odyssey did.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
"...right timing...", "...requires skill..."
It'll be QTE.

AC1 hidden blade counter required quite bit of skill to pull off. Also AC never problems with QTEs.
In AC1 there was a very small window in which to perform an instant kill after you countered a hit and that was even smaller if you wanted to use the hidden blade to kill. It did require some skill, yes. Maybe I was wrong and he was referring to those small intervals being brought back.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Slapping XP and HP bloat onto an action game isn't necessarily a good thing.

Sure but that's anther discussion. AC "old" vs AC "new" are fundamentally different games.

AC and AC2, are games in the vein of Prince of Persia Sands of Time, with platforming puzzles, timed platforming and other such simple and fun (when the control scheme doesn't go apeshit) activities. Kills are much the same, they just follow a set of rules which are connected to the gameplay, not roleplay. The other main influence in gameplay is GTA3,VC and SA.

AC and AC2 were designed by the same person who designed PoP: SoT, so the similarities are no coincidence. They share a lot of gameplay features and ideas.

New AC games, like Odyssey, Origins and Valhalla, are not like Prince of Persia at all. They are like the Witcher 3. That is all. Apples and Oranges. They share only the name.

There will be callbacks to the older games, but that's all it is. Gameplay is 100% Witcher 3. What's the point in comparing Sands of Time to the Witcher 3?

Followed by:

Drivel

Shut up newfag, and practice some reading comprehension. I'd say you're embarrassing yourself but well, you already know you're a nadir.

What is an RPG? Seriously asking that?

But it must be an RPG because Infinitron has categorized it as an RPG and categorized it accordingly
rating_prestigious.png

Eaters of the dead was great. If the game is at least 50% similar to it then it will be good. But we all know it will be a pozzed anachronistic drival. I hope I am wrong.

Are you Anhur's alt? Also, all AC games have been anachronistic drivel, they're fantasy. That's never going to change.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom