Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Mortmal

Arcane
Huh this is probably old hat but apparently Pierre's scheduled a AMA on June 11 at 9 AM EST on r/ games for KoTC2.
It's sad that he's using that degenerate place to host it but I guess it's okay if he does it since he's active here anyways.
He's not active,he's just doing a bit of promotion answering to his alt praising him.. He wont answer anything controversial.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
by BlueSalamander » Tue May 12, 2020 11:56 pm

KS_two_weeks.png

Finally, the Kickstarter campaign for Knights of the Chalice 2 will be launched in less than two weeks!
URL: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs
KotC 2 Screenshots: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Screenshots.htm
KotC 2 Features: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Features.htm

Kickstarter Video: https://youtu.be/P7D5mhcLQH0

KotC 2 Features (French version below)

• Turn-based, party-based tactical combat similar to that found in the old Dark Sun Shattered Lands game made by SSI and in Troika's Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • User-friendly interface. Launch a charge, full-attack or coup-de-grace with a single click - the computer will automatically look for the best option available. Out of combat, move the party with a single click or by keeping the mouse button pushed. Also see the KotC 1 How to Play webpage for more information.
  • A well-developed emergent Artificial Intelligence. Enemies act as a group and support each other. They can use special actions like Grapple, Trip, Ready Versus Spell or Swallow Whole and tactics like taking a Five-Foot step before casting Maximised Fireball. They might use a Wind spell to dissipate the player's Acid Fog or Incendiary Cloud.
  • Omnipresent help files and clear in-game feedback (a feature also found in Temple of Elemental Evil) on the results of each dice roll, saving throw, attack roll, modifiers and so on.
  • More than 700 Spells and Psionic Powers (see the list of Wizard spells at heroicfantasygames.com). The game also features 22 Classes, 10 Races, 36 Subraces, 478 Feats, 41 Cleric Domains, 71 Weapon enchantments and 51 Armour and Shield enchantments.
  • With the right materials and sufficient gold and experience points, craft your own weapons and apply enchantments like Vorpal, Life Stealing, Wounding, Swift, Dispelling or Flaming Burst (see the complete list at heroicfantasygames.com).
  • Multiple-choice dialogue options offering real choices and real in-game consequences to the player. Use your party's unique skills and consider your own preferences and playing style in order to resolve situations in the most suitable manner.
  • Enjoy a variety of engrossing puzzles and riddles. Use your intuition and logical thinking to decrypt mysterious coded messages. The game's cryptography interface, inspired by Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars, makes decoding a captivating activity. Do not worry about the difficulty of puzzles and riddles though, as the game frequently provides Hints designed to help you resolve this type of challenge.
  • KotC 2 Augury of Chaos allows you to create your level-1 characters and take them all the way to level 21 or so. There is no limit on character level.
  • Use the powerful integrated toolset to create new modules and campaigns easily. Easily swap monster tokens and sprites or create new ones. Create new monsters, new dialogues and new maps easily. The best modules may also generate an income stream for you.
  • Enjoy fast Saved-Game loading and saving and various game options designed to accelerate gameplay. Enjoy various convenience features, such as the Saved-Game preview image display, Tab key press to highlight objects that may be interacted with, or the Inventory Screen highlighting of spell scrolls that may be learnt by a character.
Principaux Éléments de KotC 2

• Combat tactique au tour par tour assez semblable à celui de Dark Sun Shattered Lands et Temple of Elemental Evil.
  • Interface facile à utiliser. Lancez avec un seul clic une charge, une attaque complète ou un coup de grâce : le jeu vous offre la meilleure option disponible automatiquement.
  • Intelligence artificielle émergente. Vos ennemis sont parfaitement capables d'utiliser les nombreuses options tactiques et sorts magiques.
  • Fichiers d'aide omniprésents et explications claires et détaillées concernant le résultat de toutes vos actions.
  • Plus de 700 Sorts et Pouvoirs Psioniques, ainsi que 22 Classes de Personnages, 10 Races, 478 Capacités Spéciales, 41 Domaines Divins, 71 Enchantements d'Armes.
  • Fabriquez vos propres armes et armures et enchantez-les pour les améliorer de nombreuses manières.
  • Dialogues à options multiples offrant des choix et des conséquences réelles dans le jeu. Faites bon usage des nombreux talents uniques de votre équipe!
  • Puzzles et énigmes captivants. Décodez les mystérieux messages secrets avec une interface de décryptage inspirée par Broken Sword Shadow of the Templars.
  • Dans KotC 2: Augury of Chaos, faites progresser vos personnages depuis le premier niveau jusqu'au niveau 21.
  • Utilisez l'éditeur intégré pour créer facilement de nouvelles aventures, de nouveaux monstres et de nouveaux dialogues.
  • KotC 2 offre de nombreuses fonctionnalités de confort et d'accélération du jeu, comme le chargement rapide des parties sauvegardées.

Feel free to check out:
Travel Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/HeroicFantasyGames
Travel and Fantasy Images at https://www.facebook.com/HeroicFantasyGames
And the KotC 2 Kickstarter Puzzle Challenge at https://twitter.com/HeroicFantasy. Cheers!
icon_twisted.gif

Bonus screenshot from twitter:
EXwk76DWsAISkH4

Mortmal

Arcane
That... is impressively ugly. Is Pierre trying to bring back the use of the word "eyesore"?

I simultaneously believe that this will be awesome, and that it will be uglier than pretty much anything post-CGA era.
Ah CGA era never existed my friend, not for the few enlightened ones at least .We were blessed with C64 , amstrad, atari , and best of all by far amiga.

nyjsu

Educated
Patron
I helped put crap in Monomyth
That aesthetic is definitely something else, and not in a good way. I'm also not convinced that a crpg looking like a Roll20 game is a good idea. Still pretty excited about the kickstarter.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm terribly sorry, Bluesalamander. You will have to take my money, despite your best efforts to try and dissuade every single person on the planet from giving some to you. I can't even summon you via tagging. Even if we have to fight, and I have bruise you up a lot, I will leave money in your hands. Not even you trying to blind me with the ugliness of the game will prevent me from achieving my goal.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I've made a series of five short travel videos to post before the launch of the Knights of the Chalice 2 Kickstarter campaign, just to keep things lively and show some of the places I've been staying at. Today's video is a must-see for animal lovers, or anyone curious about lemurs. This video features some music from KotC 2. Visit www.heroicfantasygames.com for more on KotC 2. Take care everyone :)

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Well, imma have to give this a try:
BlueSalamander

Abu Antar ERYFKRAD

edit: works for me, you guys haven't been eating your roots

But back to the subject of the inventory screen, what amazes me is that Pierre can actually craft a super intuitive UI, it's just the wow/mobile game inspired aesthetic that is so unappealing. Were it simply flat coloured squared with plain text it'd be very readable.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
what amazes me is that Pierre can actually craft a super intuitive UI, it's just the wow/mobile game inspired aesthetic that is so unappealing. Were it simply flat coloured squared with plain text it'd be very readable.

Really? That's what you pull from this? Not like... I dunno, multiple font sizes in the same areas to present the same information? Weird colour choices? Line clipping through the top character token under the party members? A presentation that manages to both be cluttered and present little without mouse over?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Not to mention the overuse of "I just discovered drop shadows and inner glow effect" and some other stuff as well, but I went over that because well, for one I think the term "mobile game aesthetic" encompasses it quite well, but also as I say, all of that would be easily fixed by simplifying everything as much as possible. If anything we can take solace in the fact that it'll be easy to mod (I hope).

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I want this game so badly. The main thing I'd like on that screen is a class column for the party roster section. I'll probably just stick with my tried-and-true method of naming people their class.

Tigranes

Arcane
Well, as long as there's good keyboard bindings for navigating menus....

Imagine trying to use that wiggly scrollbar to drag the SHIMMERING INVENTORY ICON.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Something about the hyper reality of some of those textures make it very uncomfortable to look at it. I don't understand why some developers seem to ignore these basic concepts of 2D art design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom