Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Realms Beyond Kickstarter Update #23: Combat Beta on May 15th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Ceres Games; Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen

The Realms Beyond combat beta was originally supposed to be out in mid-2019, then in January, and then we were told that it needed a few more weeks. Turns out that that was more like a few more months, but now the wait is finally over and the beta is releasing next week on May 15th. It sounds like one reason it took so long is that it's not really a combat beta anymore, which means the Early Access release might not take too long to come out afterwards. Here are the details from the brief Kickstarter update:

Finally, we can announce the release date of the Combat Beta!

This first playable version of Realms Beyond will be available next Friday, the 15th of May 2020 for all backers at that tier. You'll receive a Steam Key via email from backerKit.

For backers whose rewards include only the Early-Access or the release version itself, please be informed that the Combat Beta evolved significantly further than originally planned. Divergent to the original idea of demonstrating only the combat system, we decided to implement most of the other game components as well (namely the dialogue system, quests, journal, mini map, script, chests, doors, trading, etc.).

Therefore, the development time from this version to the next release, the Early-Access, will be much shorter than originally scheduled.

As soon as we delivered the Combat Beta, we'll create a gameplay video for all backers without direct access to this version.

We would like to note that the Combat Beta is still a beta version, with all the flaws that entails.

Many thanks for your patience and understanding!​

Colony Ship, Wrath of the Righteous, Trudograd and now this. We might not have much in the way of actual releases, but this truly is the spring of RPG beta testing.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I can't believe this is actually happening.

This means there's always hope.

Maybe we are going to play even Black Geyser: Couriers of Darkness one day.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
It’s advancing. I’ve been neglecting it a bit to try to finish off Strangeland and because combining homeschooling my kids with my day job leaves little time or energy for writing. But the rest of the team is working hard.

Darkforge

Augur
Bit confused here.
As a potential late backer, what version of the game do I need to get to get into the combat beta or am I shit out of luck?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom