Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Space Cats Tactics - turn-based tactical space RPG with cats

V_K

Arcane
The things you say might appear as part of the dialogs but not as game mechanics.
You could at least increase the rest period to 16 hours. That would also help avoid rest-spamming.
And maybe adopt the hunger mechanic from Ultima 7, where the party members constantly nag you to feed them. Because this will the be the one game where such mechanic would be justified.

Developer
The things you say might appear as part of the dialogs but not as game mechanics.
So all the cat stuff in the game is just fluff?
The cats are part of the lore and story.

2cb72d5b7784910dccaf5aab526cc5d6_original.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
I pray for you. Every cat game in history has been utter dogshit. The world needs a good, even a GOOD FOR WHAT IT IS CAT GAME

ColCol

Arcane
If there's not a mechanism to pet the kitties and give them belly rubs and treats for being very good kitties from time-to-time... what's the point of even making the game?

Know your audience.

They're cat people with their own self-determination, you fucking predator.

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Can you expand a bit more on the RPG mechanics you plan to include? Obviously tactical, turn based combat is in. Do you roll your own party or are the characters premade? Is the game's story linear or are there branching questlines? What sort of class system are you using? Or is it a classless, skills/perks type of deal? Are non-combat skill checks present in the game? How much of gameplay is focused on combat? Obviously the trailers are focused on combat, so am I right in assuming this will be a primarily combat focused game? Will there be quests that can be solved without combat? How customizable are the ships? I think a more comprehensive description of the game would be good, given you are seeking backers. That shouldn't be taken as criticism.

The combat in the trailer looks solid. Not sure about the furries though tbh.

Developer
Can you expand a bit more on the RPG mechanics you plan to include? Obviously tactical, turn based combat is in. Do you roll your own party or are the characters premade? Is the game's story linear or are there branching questlines? What sort of class system are you using? Or is it a classless, skills/perks type of deal? Are non-combat skill checks present in the game? How much of gameplay is focused on combat? Obviously the trailers are focused on combat, so am I right in assuming this will be a primarily combat focused game? Will there be quests that can be solved without combat? How customizable are the ships? I think a more comprehensive description of the game would be good, given you are seeking backers. That shouldn't be taken as criticism.

The combat in the trailer looks solid. Not sure about the furries though tbh.

Thanks for the replay!
The game has a main story with choices that you can make during dialogs. in addition there are side quests and the map is kinda open in a sense of you can choose what to do next. Right now the Ship acts as a class that has skill tree that you can unlock (tech tree). those skills sits in the action bar. Yes some quests could be solved in a non combat way, in fact there are encounters that plays out as an text adventure (for example going into a derelict ship and choosing what to do inside). You can customize where to put each room in the ship, what rooms to have and even upgrade stuff inside the rooms. those upgrades unlock active and passive skills.
I did not intend them to be furries. more like khajiits.
I would be happy if you could wishlist+press the notify me on the kickstarter if you like
Cheers
Alex

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom