Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Epic Games Store - the console war comes to PC

Perkel

Arcane
They will be using neversoft skateboard scripting when it comes to skateboard handling.
So basically old gameplay with new graphics.

Loved THPS1-3 didn't like new ones where they started to add shit.

The strangely specific april 28-may 21 interval makes me think they're gonna gift a AAA game. None of the ones currently in the store though, they just had their Spring Sale.

https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/gta-5-for-free-in-epic-games-store/zf1c74

GTA 5 For Free on Epic Games Store
Here's a big one – a reliable source has informed us that starting tomorrow, Epic Games Store will offer the full version of Grand Theft Auto 5 – for free.

Believable. Could be a way to profit from online microtransactions now that it's been in several sales.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
If true Epic should have paid mega bucks for this too. It was in the Platinum tier (Top 12) of best sellers on Steam in 2019, and it's still hovering around the top end of the list with a discount. (Speaking of it's #10 right now WITHOUT discount.) Also it's still in top 10 seller on consoles too.

Wonder which was more expensive: one month half-exclusive of RDR2 vs. giveaway of GTA5

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Wonder which was more expensive: one month half-exclusive of RDR2 vs. giveaway of GTA5

Which was most pointless, honestly. If Epic is gonna take on Steam they need a lot more exclusives, and exclusives longer than 1-6 months, and to improve their client rapidly while they force people to use it (which they're not). Should have used their big bucks to acquire some studios or fund some games, IMO.

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
CHINA WINZ AGAIN! PRAISE TENCENT AND GOD EMPEROR XI!

Cue butthurt steamtard whining: "B-but, muh forum! Muh shopping cart!":lol:

MUH ABILITY TO ACTUALLY SELL A HIGH PROFILE AAA GAME WITHOUT CRASHING THE SERVER.
Remember not too long ago when Sega gave away an almost 10 year old game but Steam was incapable of fixing the price for hours on end? It'll be interesting to see which is faster: Epic fixing their servers or Steam fixing the price of a single game.:lol:

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just redeemed my free GTA5. Didn't even need to have 2FA enabled.:incline:

As expected, the collective meltdown over this on the Steam forum is absolutely glorious!

https://steamcommunity.com/app/271590/discussions/

Top thread:
Dont be sad/angry cause gta V is free on epic Be happy since you bought it on a better platform
:butthurt:
Dat desperate coping!
The steamtard tears kept me entertained until Epikkk had their servers fixed.:smug:

"Don't forget to bring up the Sega giveaway, or no bat soup tomorrow!"
No bat soup for me, just free games!
You, on the other hand, have to swallow Gaben's jizm and pay for it, all the while shilling on gaming forums how great it tastes. You cuck.:lol:

Cue butthurt steamtard whining: "B-but, muh forum! Muh shopping cart!":lol:
stop.png
STOP! posting x 1

Why so butthurt, Volrath?

Do they have a shopping cart yet? :lol:
Oh, I see.. HAHAHA!:lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Really nice of them to give away one of the most popular video games of all time, the one game that needs more exposure because you know, Epic is pro-developer and all about helping out the small guys so they don't get buried inside the nasty competitive game market right? :roll:

Thanks to this ongoing mega sale I'm once again impressed with how abhorent the experience of surfing epic's catalog is. You can't sort games by price, can't browse a dev/publisher catalog, no seperate section for upcoming games, piss poor information on store pages (for example, nowhere in Far Cry 5 page says that it requires Uplay and have microtransactions). It almost feels like it doesn't want me to check out its store, but rather do my research elsewhere first then come back for its candy.

Pegultagol

Erudite
The coupon works until November, so could be used for Cyberpunk when it releases. Got a coupon when I bought Witcher 3 GOTY, maybe the one on the offer for free will be the original one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom